NOW EVEN MY ANALOG TSHIRT GOT CUSTOMS CHARGES!

Aren't these usually sent out with the value of $0 or "gift" @Santos L. Halper? Or weren't they past years?

Fuck. Now - if a value is gonna be declared on these too, even though I paid $0 for it in the shop (!!!) - I can't even get the analog t-shirts anymore because of piece of shit Sweden and whatever.
"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

Comments

• And Eddie Vedder won't even tour here to offset the money spent in some way even.

BOOK HIM SOME SCANDINAVIAN DATES PRONTO @Kelly Curtis
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Fuck Sweden. Our equality, environmental, workers rights and happiness statistics be damned.

Maybe the US is greater after all... MAGA
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Just so you know, the "zero value" don't exist for customs purposes.. If an item must pass the customs, a value must ALWAYS be declared (don't matter if it's a gift). Of course, that value can be as low as $1. I threw away the envelope containing my 2018 analog shirt, but I think $1 was the value declared (and same for all previous analog shirts). Obviously no customs charges. What was the value declared on your package? I find hard to believe you got charged customs for $1 or so of declared value..
  • Just so you know, the "zero value" don't exist for customs purposes.. If an item must pass the customs, a value must ALWAYS be declared (don't matter if it's a gift). Of course, that value can be as low as $1. I threw away the envelope containing my 2018 analog shirt, but I think $1 was the value declared (and same for all previous analog shirts). Obviously no customs charges. What was the value declared on your package? I find hard to believe you got charged customs for $1 or so of declared value..
    $1 dollar it was.

Haven't had customs charges earlier years. But talked to some other Swedes whos packages also "got caught". 

Just have to suck it up and pay the extra 10 dollars for the "free tshirt". 
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Wow, that sucks.. something must have changed in the laws of your country, and if they now charge customs fees for $1 value on packages, be prepared to pay fees for everything you receive outside the EU.
    Not TC's fault in this case, they can't do anything about it
  • Wow, that sucks.. something must have changed in the laws of your country, and if they now charge customs fees for $1 value on packages, be prepared to pay fees for everything you receive outside the EU.
    No not TCs fault, it's everyone in Sweden buying a million cheap shit from China all of a sudden that had the swedish postoffice change the unoffical rule of "letting everything under $20 dollars" pass to having the rule that "everything with a value declared will get custom charges".
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Wow, that sucks.. something must have changed in the laws of your country, and if they now charge customs fees for $1 value on packages, be prepared to pay fees for everything you receive outside the EU.
    No not TCs fault, it's everyone in Sweden buying a million cheap shit from China all of a sudden that had the swedish postoffice change the unoffical rule of "letting everything under $20 dollars" pass to having the rule that "everything with a value declared will get custom charges".
    ..... I understand your frustration.... it doesn't seem like the worst idea on Sweden's part though, if you're looking at the big picture for Sweden.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • The shirt isn't worth $10. Tell them to keep it.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    My analog tee and my Vault 8 are taking too long, and custom fees nowadays are over the chart!
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• So the DEEP mag will be hit with charges I bet too then. 

This analog membership is killing me

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    And Eddie Vedder won't even tour here to offset the money spent in some way even.

BOOK HIM SOME SCANDINAVIAN DATES PRONTO @Kelly Curtis

Sweden has had shows in 2012 and 2014.  Very few cities can say they have had multiple PJ shows in the last 10 years.

• dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    its a joke 
    danny d
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    How about a review of the shirt itself? How did you like it?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• on2legs said:
    I promise to review it when it arrives. Just forked out the cash for it.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    on2legs said:
    So you pay a few ahead of time then they deliver it to you?  Is that how it works?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    So you pay a few ahead of time then they deliver it to you?  Is that how it works?
    You get a note saying "is this your package? go to this link and pay swedish VAT and our handling fee. Or if its not your package, dont pay and it will be sent back".

You pay, and then they send it out to you.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    You get a note saying "is this your package? go to this link and pay swedish VAT and our handling fee. Or if its not your package, dont pay and it will be sent back".

So the vat is based on the value or size of what is being delivered to you ?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    I got my 10 club shirt today and I'm pretty happy with it.  I didn't realize the printing on it was metallic silver - when I glanced at the photo in the shop I assumed it was just white.  So it's got kind of an Oakland Raiders vibe to it.  =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited February 2019
    mcgruff10 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:

So the vat is based on the value or size of what is being delivered to you ?
    The value. You have to pay the difference that makes up our VAT (25% on most goods). But that is not a problem for me, I'm okey with that - I mean our healthcare and most other things kick ass :P

But I don't like having to pay the handling fee. 

So for this package with a value of 1 dollar - the VAT cost was nothing pretty much but the handling fee stays the same as for all packages. $9 or whatever.
  • I hope this convinces you not to be an analogue member next year!
  • Why the COPA shop, oops, I mean EU store doesn't carry more merch is beyond me. Can't do a t-shirt print run in Europe? Seems the fanfare from 10C when it was set up was premature...
    14.10.2000 Houston, 09.09.2006 Marseilles, 11.09.2006 Paris, 18.06.2007 London, 17.08.2009 Manchester, 18.08.2009 London, 22.06.2010 Dublin, 23.06.2010 Belfast, 25.06.2010 London