***THE OFFICE - SEASON 9 - FINAL SEASON***

Comments

• Newch91Newch91 Posts: 17,560
    "I can't believe you came"

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID."

:lol:
    :clap::clap:

after 2 years of garbage, they managed to go out on a high note. really enjoyed everything about the finale and the retrospect thing before it. well done all around.
    :lol::lol:
    Shows: 6.27.08 Hartford, CT/5.15.10 Hartford, CT/6.18.2011 Hartford, CT (EV Solo)/10.19.13 Brooklyn/10.25.13 Hartford
    "Becoming a Bruce fan is like hitting puberty as a musical fan. It's inevitable." - dcfaithful
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,960
    Dwight to Kevin:
    "Your Internet search history was so filthy we had to throw out your computer"
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,375
    I'm going to miss this show......
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Newch91 wrote:
    "I can't believe you came"

"THAT'S WHAT SHE SAID."

:clap::clap:

after 2 years of garbage, they managed to go out on a high note. really enjoyed everything about the finale and the retrospect thing before it. well done all around.
    :lol::lol:

HILARIOUS!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,214
    Dwight to Kevin:

i love how kevin was just like "oh....that's it?!"
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,724
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • perfectlefts14perfectlefts14 Posts: 1,960
    Dwight to Kevin:

i love how kevin was just like "oh....that's it?!"

Yeah that was awesome. I liked his made up number Kelevin, for when his books didn't add up right. All around I thought it was a great way to end the show with Creed being taken away by the cops.
    Tell the captain
    'This boats not safe
    And we're drowning.'
    I've found myself watching a lot of Office reruns on Netflix recently. Usually only the first 5 seasons. It feel off after that and then it just went off a cliff after Carrell left. But I watched the finale last night for the first time since it aired and I forgot how really well done it was. I wish there was a little more Michael Scott to it but I enjoyed watching it again.

Anyone else find themselves watching this show again? Other than Netflix, it seems like it's always on Comedy Central
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • JK_LivinJK_Livin South Jersey Posts: 7,364
    I've found myself watching a lot of Office reruns on Netflix recently. Usually only the first 5 seasons. It feel off after that and then it just went off a cliff after Carrell left. But I watched the finale last night for the first time since it aired and I forgot how really well done it was. I wish there was a little more Michael Scott to it but I enjoyed watching it again.

Anyone else find themselves watching this show again? Other than Netflix, it seems like it's always on Comedy Central
    Watched it all the time on Comedy Central and now Netflix. My kids 16 & 14 love it.  It did fall off after the 5th season but still worth watching. Andy was annoying after Michael left. His story line was awful. Became a big fans of Robert California. 
    Alright, alright, alright!
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,734

I recently re-watched the whole thing.  Those first 5 seasons are so good.  That first season after Carell left was pretty rough but I thought the last season was pretty good and the ending was perfect.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,985
    I didn't watch the show when it was on. But binged it starting a few months ago. Loved it, could't stop watching, then I got about halfway through season 8 and just couldn't do it anymore. Maybe I'll skip ahead to the finale. 
  • Oh my god I forgot all about this video.

I've recently got back into this show on Netflix after watching it on it's first run on NBC. Such a great show. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,375
    I have watched the whole series through more than I would like to admit. It is the best show ever. 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
    JK_Livin said:

Watched it all the time on Comedy Central and now Netflix. My kids 16 & 14 love it.  It did fall off after the 5th season but still worth watching. Andy was annoying after Michael left. His story line was awful. Became a big fans of Robert California. 
    That's a GREAT point about Andy. He almost turned into a completely different character at that point, especially when he became manager.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mace1229 said:
    I didn't watch the show when it was on. But binged it starting a few months ago. Loved it, could't stop watching, then I got about halfway through season 8 and just couldn't do it anymore. Maybe I'll skip ahead to the finale. 
    That's about what I did, more or less. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,030
    I have watched the whole series through more than I would like to admit. It is the best show ever. 
    .....same here! =)
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,506
    edited January 2019

I've watched the whole series twice all the way through since it ended. I love this show - second best sitcom ever made after Seinfeld IMHO. And I don't think it all fell apart after Michael left like so many do. Yes, something was lost of course, but I still liked the show with all the silliness after that, with the Sabre people, etc. It simply wasn't as good as it had been before that .... It doesn't hurt at all that I happen to be a HUGE James Spader fan though, to the point where it didn't really matter if he should have been on the show or not - if he's on the screen I'm happy, lol.
    The final episode of the series was super good for real though - I was so happy that they made it about the whole documentary that was being made, lol, and the entire fallout after it aired - it felt like real closure, which is usually lacking when a long running series ends.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,412
    Front to back I think Parks and Rec has aged better but the syndication onslaught is nice. 

Robert California sucked expect for one line...”would you like a sex metaphor or a nature metaphor?”

Jim: Nature

”When 2 animals are having sex......”
    Lizard said:
    Let Kevin run the office!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Wait, back up. Do you think that I'm retarded?
    That was one of the funniest moments ever
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • ST66483ST66483 Posts: 686
    Last seasons were a little less than the rest of the series, but the final 3 episodes are near perfect imo.
    Season 8 was bad. Season 9 made a strong comeback but had a couple clunkers. How dare you blaspheme about Robert California?

Robert: David has generously offered to donate one million dollars in matching funds to a cause that's very dear to me. So, for the next three years, I'll be travelling overseas, concentrating all of my efforts on educating- mentoring, some African, some Asian, but mainly Eastern European women. 
    David: I had no idea how pervasive this problem was until Bob explained it to me. 
    Robert: Oprah Winfrey's leadership academy and other schools like it, while wonderful, end with high school. I want to see these girls right through college, especially the gymnasts. They've lost so many years of crucial education to perfecting their bodies. Muscle groups the rest of us can't even fathom. 
    Andy: Gymnasts? You're going to seek out uneducated gymnasts? 
    Robert: Yeah, so I'm hoping to identify some truly exceptional women who show great promise. Well, Andy, it's been fun. 

And his interactions with Kevin are great.
    Tom O.
    "I never had any friends later on like the ones I had when I was twelve. Jesus, does anyone?"
    -The Writer
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,104
    The Office is my all-time favorite show. I'm about due for another run through. I liked Robert California ok enough, but I agree that season 8 was the weakest season. I really did not like the Nellie Bertram character. Season 9 rebounded well and ended very strong.
    The Office is my all-time favorite show. I'm about due for another run through. I liked Robert California ok enough, but I agree that season 8 was the weakest season. I really did not like the Nellie Bertram character. Season 9 rebounded well and ended very strong.
    Nellie was trash 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Nellie was trash 
    Yeah, she's the one character I really didn't like on that show. She was just irritating.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nellie was trash 
    Yeah, she's the one character I really didn't like on that show. She was just irritating.
    Her story line in season 9 was better than 7 & 8. Her best scene had to be when they played the on-air interview on Dwight.
    Tom O.
    -The Writer
    JK_Livin said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nellie was trash 
    Her story line in season 9 was better than 7 & 8. Her best scene had to be when they played the on-air interview on Dwight.
    It seriously bugged me when she just took over Andy's job like that. I never got over it, lol.
  • MalrothMalroth broken down chevrolet Posts: 2,484
    seasons 8 and 9 sucked. Season 1 wasn't very good. 2-7 are about as funny as television gets.
    I came on late to this show because I didn't like Steve Carell. I didn't find him funny in what I had seen him in before this.
    Carell absolutely steals this show, but there is more depth to the rest of the cast than most shows.
    I
    The worst of times..they don't phase me,
    even if I look and act really crazy.
    I think my favorite scene from the entire series is when Dwight actually lights a fire in a trash can so that everyone thinks a fire drill is real, and then blocks all the entrances and heats up all the door handles with a blow torch, and everyone PANICS. :lol: It is the funniest panic scene of all time, lol.