If Weezer can do it (covers album), why not Pearl Jam?

2»

Comments

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    that Weezer album of covers is the laziest piece of shit I've ever heard. They did absolutely nothing different to any of the songs. 

The Ramones Acid Eaters is a good example of making a cover song your own. 
    Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • that Weezer album of covers is the laziest piece of shit I've ever heard. They did absolutely nothing different to any of the songs. 
    It can't be lazier than releasing absolutely nothing though. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 743
    Mike D88 said:
    I think they did it because of their boring Africa cover taking off.
    ding ding ding

I know a lot of you are too cool for school so you may not know this, but that song has been on top 40 radio's infinite repeat for the last eight months.
    It was #1 on Sirius XM Alt Nation for some crazy amount of weeks last year. Something like 10.
  • Stickman24Stickman24 Posts: 210
    edited January 2019
    Last kiss was a big Radio hit.  Just saying.  
    I’m a fan of Weezers cover of Africa.  

As someone else said if PJ did a covers album I’d prefer it be live Cuts.  
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I would take a single Pearl Jam all-covers album over a whole slew of "Can't Deny Me" songs any day.  Cool idea.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    As long as songs like I’ve got a feeling, fuckin up, baba are on there  I’m down
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    brianlux said:
    I would take a single Pearl Jam all-covers album over a whole slew of "Can't Deny Me" songs any day.  Cool idea.
    no
    I miss igotid88
  • KN219077 said:
    As long as songs like I’ve got a feeling, fuckin up, baba are on there  I’m down
    Let my love open the door, Docknof the Bay? 

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    KN219077 said:
    Let my love open the door, Docknof the Bay? 

Oh there’s a ton of covers they do, but I’d love if they were less Ed solo and more full band style, even though I do love songs like blue red grey. I’d just rather have an album of Throw Your Hatred Down style songs more. Either way, it’s about the last thing I imagine them doing at this point 
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    Man, pearl jam fans are desperate for....anything 
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
    igotid88 said:
    brianlux said:
    no
    No, seriously, I would!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• evenflow82evenflow82 Posts: 3,836
    Just create a live PJ covers album. PJ live is better than 80% of their studio output. You could get a triple album off that shit if you went all in or you could get a solid one album of your fave covers.
    I've got a fever, and the only prescription is more cowbell.
    -Christopher Walken

you're=you are
    your=showing ownership

The truth has a well known liberal bias.
    -Stephen Colbert
    Just create a live PJ covers album. PJ live is better than 80% of their studio output. You could get a triple album off that shit if you went all in or you could get a solid one album of your fave covers.
    An album of PJ live covers would be great.  Seeing them cover CCR's "Fortunate Son" in Missoula, 2012, was KILLER!  And it was sound board recorded like a ton of other stuff.   Put together a dozen or so of their best live covers, send the master to a good vinyl pressing plant, and we'd have one killer LP.

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,874
    brianlux said:
    An album of PJ live covers would be great.  Seeing them cover CCR's "Fortunate Son" in Missoula, 2012, was KILLER!  And it was sound board recorded like a ton of other stuff.   Put together a dozen or so of their best live covers, send the master to a good vinyl pressing plant, and we'd have one killer LP.
    You're right this is good! I will say that I never need to hear Baba again by PJ or the Who. PJ has kinda ruined this song for me. I wish they would move on. There are so many other Who songs that they can over play! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHwYQ7mwWs
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    brianlux said:
    igotid88 said:
    brianlux said:
    no
    No, seriously, I would!
    I know you would. 
    I miss igotid88
  • TheBeardedFellowTheBeardedFellow Posts: 294
    edited January 2019
    I like the Teal Album. I never totally understood the opinion many have that in order to do a cover you have to do something different with it and "make it your own" or it is unnecessary. Often times i like a straight cover. Most of PJs covers are pretty straight. Unless you're Me First and the Gimme Gimme's, then i dunno....

And The Spaghetti Incident is gooooooood. Human Being, Raw Power, Ain't it Dumb.... ain't it awesome?

I haven't heard Rage's, but i was never that big of a fan.

I'd probably love a PJ cover album. I've dug most of the covers I've heard em do live. 
    Post edited by TheBeardedFellow on
    igotid88 said:
    brianlux said:
    igotid88 said:
    brianlux said:
    no
    No, seriously, I would!
    I know you would. 
    Just kiddin' with you, id.  :smile:

brianlux said:
    You're right this is good! I will say that I never need to hear Baba again by PJ or the Who. PJ has kinda ruined this song for me. I wish they would move on. There are so many other Who songs that they can over play! ;)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SOHwYQ7mwWs
    Ooooh yeah!  Love re-living that one, thanks!

I miss igotid88
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 743
    People should check with me if they have strong opinions about Rockin' In the Free World because they seem to play it every show I go to. I even used it as a cue to beat traffic after a show in LA once. Figured I had a 10 minute head start while tambourines were being thrown. 
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    No.   If they had time for that, they'd get the new album done.