The Who with Eddie Vedder July 6th Wembley Stadium

Comments

• EkellyEkelly Posts: 5
    Hep said:
    mrk2 said:
    Yes, received about 12 hours ago. The email contains a link and a code, which I assume is personal. 
    Thanks.  Neither me or my husband have one.  I will contact support.
    My email was sitting in my spam folder
  • Got to be shitting me with these prices... either pay £170+ PER TICKET for decent seats, or £100 per ticket for the worst seats in the stadium in the gods. It's a pass from me.
  • guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    We've decided not to go.. Having looked on hear looked at reviews etc decided that we would spend nearly 500 for one gig . We're hoping to go to Italy this year so we can use the money for that.. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Logged in at the second the sale started and got 2 in B3, Row U for 353 Pounds total.
    I'll take it.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Got front block A2 row F, I am so excited!! Was £343 though.  
    London Nov 96, London May 00, Cardiff June 00, Las Vegas June 03, London April 06, Dublin Aug 06, Reading Aug 06, London June 07, New York x2 June 08, Manchester Aug 09, London August 09, London June 10, Manchester June 12, IOW June 12, EV London July 12, Milton Keynes June 14, EV London x2 June 17, London June 18, London July 18, EV London July 19
  • Force Of NatureForce Of Nature Hertfordshire, England Posts: 900
    edited January 2019
    Block A4, Row B. Sweet :-)
    The money wont matter to me when I am there
  • Erik1977Erik1977 Heerlen Posts: 140
    We prefer an overview from the side, so went for section 142, row 10
    2000 Pinkpop
    2006 Arnhem, Antwerp
    2007 Düsseldorf, Nijmegen
    2009 Rotterdam, London
    2010 London, Nijmegen, Berlin, Arras, Werchter
    2012 Manchester I, Amsterdam I + II, Werchter, Berlin I + II, Stockholm
    2013 Brooklyn I + II, Philly I + II
    2014 Amsterdam I + II, Trieste, Vienna, Berlin, Werchter, Leeds
    2016 Fenway I + II
    2018 Amsterdam I + II, Pinkpop, London I + II, Padova, Kraków, Barcelona, Seattle I + II
    2022 Pinkpop, Zürich, Frankfurt, London I + II, Prague , Amsterdam I, Amsterdam II
    2023 Austin I + II

• MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    2 tickets a2 row g. Crazy expensive but I reckon it will be worth it. Cheap flights next.
  • elenelen Milan, Italy Posts: 188
    Erik1977 said:
    We prefer an overview from the side, so went for section 142, row 10
    yes, me too! got 142, row 6
    2006: Verona, Milano, Honolulu
    2007: London
    2014: Milano
    2016: MSG1, MSG2, Fenway1, Fenway2, Wrigley1, Wrigley2
    2018: London1, Milano, Padova, Roma
  • VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    Got block A2 row B.....very very happy to get those, just missed the centre block front row though.

It seems the tickets via the 10c link were much better options than another presale I was logged into at the same time so thank you 10c.

London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    London, Hammersmith Apollo 2017 (EV)
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    VillagePJ said:
    Got block A2 row B.....very very happy to get those, just missed the centre block front row though.

It seems the tickets via the 10c link were much better options than another presale I was logged into at the same time so thank you 10c.

Awesome!! Going to be a hell of a show.
  • Block A4, Row B. Sweet :-)
    The money wont matter to me when I am there
    We got row N....  =)
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I saw a lot of 10C tickets come up in the A2 section (maybe it's one of the 10C sections) never saw A3, A4, and A5 tickets. I thought those were reserved for the The Who VIP packages
  • MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    I saw a lot of 10C tickets come up in the A2 section (maybe it's one of the 10C sections) never saw A3, A4, and A5 tickets. I thought those were reserved for the The Who VIP packages
    Yep I saw that myself, I was first presented with a2 but I decided to see if I could get closer, got b and d blocks then which got me nervous, thought I threw away best tickets.

After 5 attempts I got a2 again so I bagged them as quickly as possible.

No sooner did I buy them my wife got in touch to say she had a4, also a 10club account. I was raging.

A2 is still great. Paradox of choice I guess
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    A2 row E, I’m happy. Just hit highest price and went for first that came up. Bit risky but think the seats look ok from what I’ve seen on view from my seat website. Dad is very excited 😊 
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 163
    £170 a ticket is far too much for me, priced me out especially at Wembley, it would have to be a much smaller venue at that price.
  • so if ed is opening the show i really can't see him doing a set of quiet songs on the uke in a full stadium. LOL. am i alone in that thought? just wondering...
    i really hope ed's next solo cd has some serious kick to it. i dig the uke and very much appreciated his step back from the full on rock show but it's time to move on from that. IMO so don't flame me here people   ;)
    for all u rock fans who got tickets. congrats. it will be an awesome show!!
  • VillagePJVillagePJ Peterborough, UK Posts: 195
    so if ed is opening the show i really can't see him doing a set of quiet songs on the uke in a full stadium. LOL. am i alone in that thought? just wondering...
    i really hope ed's next solo cd has some serious kick to it. i dig the uke and very much appreciated his step back from the full on rock show but it's time to move on from that. IMO so don't flame me here people   ;)
    sorry to be picky but Ed isnt opening the show, The Kaiser Chiefs are the opening band, Ed is in the special guest slot and Id expect around 90 minutes, hoping for more obviously.

Im with you though about the uke and 75000 people, expecting more of the guitar based stuff in a much shortened time on stage. Cannot wait for it.

If Ed sheeran or Adele can sell out many nights at this stadium with their less than exciting brand of music, Ed will have no trouble.
    London, Hyde Park 25/6/10
    Isle of Wight 23/6/12
    London, Hammersmith 31/7/12 (EV)
    Leeds 8/7/14
    Milton Keynes 11/7/14
    London, Shepherds Bush Empire 11/11/14 (EV The Who tribute)
    Boston, Fenway Park 05/08/16
    Boston, Fenway Park 07/08/16
    Taormina, Sicily June 2017 (EV)
    London, O2 Arena 18th June 2018
    London, O2 Arena 19th June 2018 :(
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    so if ed is opening the show i really can't see him doing a set of quiet songs on the uke in a full stadium. LOL. am i alone in that thought? just wondering...
    Get the flea/jack irons band back together 
    https://youtu.be/ZyKLcrJc2eM
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • VillagePJ said:
    sorry to be picky but Ed isnt opening the show, The Kaiser Chiefs are the opening band, Ed is in the special guest slot and Id expect around 90 minutes, hoping for more obviously.

Im with you though about the uke and 75000 people, expecting more of the guitar based stuff in a much shortened time on stage. Cannot wait for it.

If Ed sheeran or Adele can sell out many nights at this stadium with their less than exciting brand of music, Ed will have no trouble.
    I hope I’m wrong, but I would be surprised with a 90 minute set. I would have thought more around 60.  Fingers crossed though
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Hail, hail the lucky ones...congrats! :lucky: Should be an incredible show :sunglasses: I'll be living vicariously thru all those going :smile:
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    Blue, Red and Gray on the Uke would be great for a bunch of Who fans! 
  • nigelnigel Posts: 267
    Managed to get a couple of seats in A2 - can't wait it's going to be epic! :)

A quick hotel tip - there is a brand new Premier Inn Wembley Stadium (in addition to older Premier Inn Wembley Park) - 10 minutes walk from the stadium - looks to be much cheaper at the moment than anything else that nearby.   Getting out of Wembley after a big event is always a pain - so staying close by is a good option.
  • BB162610 said:
    Blue, Red and Gray on the Uke would be great for a bunch of Who fans! 
    indeed!! but what else is ed going to play in his opening set(before the who). yes i get it 2 bands are opening this show lol
    maybe liam will show up and pound the hell out of the drums+
    it's just gotta be more rock n roll than 55mins of uke music   ;)
  • Magic_JMagic_J Uk Posts: 28
    nigel said:
    Managed to get a couple of seats in A2 - can't wait it's going to be epic! :)

A quick hotel tip - there is a brand new Premier Inn Wembley Stadium (in addition to older Premier Inn Wembley Park) - 10 minutes walk from the stadium - looks to be much cheaper at the moment than anything else that nearby.   Getting out of Wembley after a big event is always a pain - so staying close by is a good option.
    I’ve just been looking at that hotel as I’ll be travelling from Devon. Just hoping the nearby public car park suggested by the hotel isn’t already full with other gig goers by the time we get there. I get really twitchy about finding overnight public parking when I’m going to be a long way from home 😂
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Cheapest @ £144.50 a ticket. DAMN!!!

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,626
    demetrios said:
    Cheapest @ £144.50 a ticket. DAMN!!!

Ya that is crazy for being so far away with most seats. Two big names but still wow. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    I haven't seen Eddie solo since 2012. Does he have the same stage set up? Will he sit down on a chair and play Wembley Stadium?? That seems odd to me, but maybe not.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    is Eddie a true opener or is he going to sing a few songs with the band?