• drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Looking forward to seeing them again this spring
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,703
    Heard Paranoid last night on the radio. It sounded good but i wouldn't have guessed it was Weezer
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    Heard Paranoid last night on the radio. It sounded good but i wouldn't have guessed it was Weezer
    I imagine that’s because it’s Pat singing. Maybe Scott? But I’m pretty sure it’s Pat. 
  • I don't mind these guys. There's way worse out there.

Hash Pipe. Say It Ain't So. And a few others are songs I'll turn up when they come on randomly.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
    I imagine that’s because it’s Pat singing. Maybe Scott? But I’m pretty sure it’s Pat. 
    ahhh probably
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    I'm digging the covers album.  Maybe it's because it's like a good mix tape. I love the first 5 or 6 songs on me.  It kind of loses me with the TLC cover, but then comes right back.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298

I really like some Weezer.

Im not "ride or die"  =)  with them but always pick up their latest album.

I thought 2 of the last 3 albums (Everything will be alright in the end and the white album) were great returns for weezer. Wasn't too big on the last one (Pacific Daydream). Im hoping for better things with the Black album.

• ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755

I thought 2 of the last 3 albums (Everything will be alright in the end and the white album) were great returns for weezer. Wasn't too big on the last one (Pacific Daydream). Im hoping for better things with the Black album.

Those two albums you mentioned were fantastic. I’m with you on Pacific Daydream. Weekend Woman is a classic Weezer song. I love most of their work. Hell, I think the first half of Raditude is phenomenal. It’s pop rock. It’s not meant to change your life on every song. Having said that, I have less than zero hope for the black album. I’m actually dreading it. 

Those two albums you mentioned were fantastic. I’m with you on Pacific Daydream. Weekend Woman is a classic Weezer song. I love most of their work. Hell, I think the first half of Raditude is phenomenal. It’s pop rock. It’s not meant to change your life on every song. Having said that, I have less than zero hope for the black album. I’m actually dreading it. 

HAHA ... you never know. They might surprise on the black album.

Im also with you on Weekend Woman and I like Sweet Mary and Qb Blitz.

So that's 3 songs out of 10 on Pacific Daydream.

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I'll go see them and the pixies tonight

Anyone digest the new album yet? 
    For me it’s better than pacific daydream but not by much. 
    I think if you take 4 songs from pacific daydream and 6 songs from the new (black) album you can form a fairly decent record.
    separate, they are both pretty weak.
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,465
    I thought it was Brian. lol
    new song out and album coming out

8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Rivers says the new album (due out in May 2020) is more like the blue album but with heavier rifts and the usual catchy lyrics.
    well see.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Rivers says the new album (due out in May 2020) is more like the blue album but with heavier rifts and the usual catchy lyrics.
    well see.
    every band at some point in their career tell the media that the new record is a "return to form". it's almost always bullshit. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited September 2019
    Saw them on the Pinkerton tour

worst live band ive ever seen but i love the blue album regardless.  Even their B-sides off of that album were amazing
    saw them last year. they were great live. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    well see.
    every band at some point in their career tell the media that the new record is a "return to form". it's almost always bullshit. 
    and we all fall for it everytime.  no one ever comes out and says their new album is ok but they're struggling to recapture their hey dey.. lol.

I really liked that covers (teal) album more than the album that came out shortly therafter.  Hopefully the new ones a good one, but it gets harder for veteran bands to strike gold :(
    Zod said:
    well see.
    and we all fall for it everytime.  no one ever comes out and says their new album is ok but they're struggling to recapture their hey dey.. lol.

I really liked that covers (teal) album more than the album that came out shortly therafter.  Hopefully the new ones a good one, but it gets harder for veteran bands to strike gold :(
    well, I don't fall for it (anymore). I don't believe it for a second, cause I know going in its probably BS. I don't know that I've given any weezer album that much of a chance. most just don't interest me that much after one or two listens. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    saw them last year. they were great live. 
    Same here...I thought they were great.  They were doing the same set every night but it rocked.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Normally I would say nothing but there is no other band I hate more than Weezer. Just awful. 
    I get visibly upset when they come on the radio lol
    Normally I would say nothing but there is no other band I hate more than Weezer. Just awful. 
    creed? nickelback?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Normally I would say nothing but there is no other band I hate more than Weezer. Just awful. 
    creed? nickelback?
    I’m an outlier here I’m sure... but I cannot handle Weezer. If Creed or Nickleback come in the radio I don’t get angry, I just laugh
    Normally I would say nothing but there is no other band I hate more than Weezer. Just awful. 
    creed? nickelback?
    I’m an outlier here I’m sure... but I cannot handle Weezer. If Creed or Nickleback come in the radio I don’t get angry, I just laugh
    fair enough. just can't imagine why a band like weezer would incite anger in someone. they are such a fun band. kind of a heavy beatles. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 1ThoughtKnown1ThoughtKnown Posts: 6,155
    edited September 2019
    creed? nickelback?
    fair enough. just can't imagine why a band like weezer would incite anger in someone. they are such a fun band. kind of a heavy beatles. 
    The singer. The band should have been named “Whiner”.  None of their songs mean anything to me...kind of like those lame hair metal bands in the late 80s-early 90s which drew me to PJ in the first place 
    Post edited by 1ThoughtKnown on
  • joe159joe159 Decatur, IL. Posts: 301
    i never really got into anything after the Green album even though I tried. There was a time when I was on the Pinkerton is the greatest thing they have ever done team but tbh I can’t even get through it all the way anymore all though I do love a few tracks off of it, I’ve been spinning the Blue album a lot lately and I think I love it more now than I did when it came out. Also The Rentals first album is a classic
    creed? nickelback?
    The singer. The band should have been named “Whiner”.  None of their songs mean anything to me...kind of like those lame hair metal bands in the late 80s-early 90s which drew me to PJ in the first place 
    “Whiner.” You do know you’re on a Pearl Jam message board, yeah? Eddie was considered a whiner for a long time. I’d say from 91-2009, there was a good chunk of the music world who fell into the “quit whining about how fame suck” or “shut up and sing.”