Meanwhile in Australia😂

Comments

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    currently minus 14, dropping to -19 overnight...a wee bit chilly.  No complaints, March will be here soon.

currently minus 14, dropping to -19 overnight...a wee bit chilly.  No complaints, March will be here soon.
    I think i would die in those temps haha. I don't think it drops that low here even in the snowy mountains ever!
    Yes, that's cold! 

One night, when I was living in western New York State, at around midnight getting out of my car and the temperature, with wind chill factor, was -51 Celsius.   Yes,  negative 51 degrees (minus 60 Fahrenheit).  I couldn't breath the air.  It felt like daggers in my lungs.  I jumped back in the car, took several deep breaths, then held my breath and ran into the building I where I was working grave yard shift.  Brrrrr!
    That is cold, wow...I have never experienced it that cold.  Maybe -30, with windchill maybe -35, and that was cold enough. I just hope the homeless folks found a warm spot for the night, around my area the homeless coalition do a good job of making sure that anyone who wants to be inside is inside...
    How would anything survive outside in that weather. We've already had 2 deaths in this heat.
    I have no idea how people survive in those temps outdoors.  But I have seen images from Toronto of people on streets bundled up.  People help out a lot, donating socks, winter footwear, sleeping bags, blankets and warm food.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    heatwaves are the biggest natural killer in Aus♨
    I can see that, 50 degrees Celsius is ridiculous.  Thing about the cold, you can always put on more clothes...
    Give Peas A Chance…

We are at -16 today, -1 Tuesday.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505

We are at -16 today, -1 Tuesday.  
    9pm and still currently 28 degress
  • rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    ...and the POTUS is joking about needing some of "that global warming" because it just got cold for the first time those winter. 
    I would bet 100$ he doesn't know that the southern hemisphere is in summer right now.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
    rgambs said:
    ...and the POTUS is joking about needing some of "that global warming" because it just got cold for the first time those winter. 
    I would bet 100$ he doesn't know that the southern hemisphere is in summer right now.
    cause drought is really funny.. Trump is a moron
    If you are hoping the government will solve the climate problem, you will sadly be disappointed.  Here in Canada, only 11% of eligible items get recycled, and that is shipped to Asia and they just burn it...the US was sending their recyclables to China.  This shit was going on long before Trump arrived on the scene.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    If you are hoping the government will solve the climate problem, you will sadly be disappointed.  Here in Canada, only 11% of eligible items get recycled, and that is shipped to Asia and they just burn it...the US was sending their recyclables to China.  This shit was going on long before Trump arrived on the scene.
    we were sending our recycling to china as well but they no longer take it. Thats why there were trials for recycled plastic roads here in Tasmania. We all need to do something individually to reduce waste. Can't deny our affect on the climate. You only have to look at satellite images at the destruction and over population of the planet to see the physical changes. Of course its going to affect the balance of nature and climate.
    conditions for a perfect firestorm. .. hoping black Saturday in 2009 doesn't  repeat itself in these conditions. 
    http://m.weatherzone.com.au/news/victoria-and-sa-brace-for-all-time-temperature-records-as-bom-warns-nowhere-is-going-to-escape-the-heat/529114
    edited January 2019
    Australia’s blistering heatwave is breaking records, killing animals en masse

https://globalnews.ca/news/4878062/adelaide-temperature-records-dead-horses-heatwave/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNational&fbclid=IwAR3Q6EUOF8b3jWESp8FjGlQoYH_LSAq_QXr3z6nAkeLIJIo8rN8dzetyfks

It is supposed to drop to -30 by Monday where I am at...brrrr
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Australia’s blistering heatwave is breaking records, killing animals en masse

https://globalnews.ca/news/4878062/adelaide-temperature-records-dead-horses-heatwave/?utm_medium=Facebook&utm_source=GlobalNational&fbclid=IwAR3Q6EUOF8b3jWESp8FjGlQoYH_LSAq_QXr3z6nAkeLIJIo8rN8dzetyfks

It is supposed to drop to -30 by Monday where I am at...brrrr
    another 55 wild horses were put down found struggling in remote areas. They were too far gone to help. Koalas are sitting on the ground dazed and confused. Kangaroos are dropping like flies and millions of fish are dying in oxygen starved dried out rivers. its really sad. We need rain badly. Lots of dry lightning storms starting fires and not enough rain to make a difference. 
    I saw a news story that russia was dropping to -63 is that normal? its crazy
    Poor thing, so glad someone is kind and helping him out.  I'll take the cold over those temps you are experiencing.  The hydro bills will be through the roof.  Keep us posted.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Poor thing, so glad someone is kind and helping him out.  I'll take the cold over those temps you are experiencing.  The hydro bills will be through the roof.  Keep us posted.
    No doubt, I would prefer the Arctic circle or Antarctica over hot weather, seriously. It wouldn't even have to be nearly as hot as it is in poor Australia right now.
    The stories about the animals are so sad. And about the people suffering too, obviously. It's terrible.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    edited January 2019
    koalas dont actually drink water they get moisture through gum leaves normally. There are lots of posts like this where they are so dehydrated they are searching for water. We are asked to leave bowls of water out for the wildlife. Its cooled down slightly in some parts. It will be about 36 where i am so not too bad. Actually its going to top 39 im already melting 😧
    Post edited by rhanishane on
    Just one of the emergency fires currently out of control in Victoria. Tasmania is also ablaze with devastating fires ravaging heritage world listed ancient forests. So devastating in this heat.
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2098364440254718&id=513636732060838
    She's hot and thirsty poor girl. . my resident magpie
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    So glad that we got solar panels installed a year ago and can use the air conditioner without feeling guilty.. plus we have a pool.  :) 
    Whereabouts in NSW are you @rhanishane
    E.K said:
    So glad that we got solar panels installed a year ago and can use the air conditioner without feeling guilty.. plus we have a pool.  :) 
    mid north coast
    koalas dont actually drink water they get moisture through gum leaves normally. There are lots of posts like this where they are so dehydrated they are searching for water. We are asked to leave bowls of water out for the wildlife. Its cooled down slightly in some parts. It will be about 36 where i am so not too bad. Actually its going to top 39 im already melting 😧
    I did not know that about Koalas, thanks for informing me.  So glad to hear concern for the animals.  39, that would be torture for me.  Here it is -16, Southern Ontario, cold all weekend and calling for 20-35 cm of snow Monday.  And the school buses will get cancelled, but schools will be open.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    I did not know that about Koalas, thanks for informing me.  So glad to hear concern for the animals.  39, that would be torture for me.  Here it is -16, Southern Ontario, cold all weekend and calling for 20-35 cm of snow Monday.  And the school buses will get cancelled, but schools will be open.
    I would hate that kind of cold weather. Especially going to school! I hate getting up for work when its 10 degrees haha. Today was 44 degrees at 11am so the weather app. lied lol. You can always guarantee another 10 degree and what they say it will be. Its been a yucky day.
    red sunset.. another scorcher tomorrow! 
  • E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,697
    E.K said:
    mid north coast
    I'm further up north near Yamba.  It hasn't been too bad up here actually but boy do we need some rain. 
    edited January 2019

E.K said:
    mid north coast
    I'm further up north near Yamba.  It hasn't been too bad up here actually but boy do we need some rain. 

im down near Forster-Tuncurry out on the highway. We dont get the Seabreeze till late if at all.
    Post edited by rhanishane on
    I would hate that kind of cold weather. Especially going to school! I hate getting up for work when its 10 degrees haha. Today was 44 degrees at 11am so the weather app. lied lol. You can always guarantee another 10 degree and what they say it will be. Its been a yucky day.
    That's crazy 44, I hope people are checking on the elderly and vulnerable people in society.  In Canada you can not avoid the cold, there is colder places that I would not to live.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    That's crazy 44, I hope people are checking on the elderly and vulnerable people in society.  In Canada you can not avoid the cold, there is colder places that I would not to live.
    I live in a small community so we have community facebook page. Everybody looks out for each other. Not sure about the bigger cities but i think most people share the same concerns but not everyone. Its constantly on the news the warnings and to check on neighbours and elderly etc. Still have to wonder about those that leave kids and animals locked in hot cars.. you cant fix stupid i guess. 
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    All extremes are nothing to sneeze about , I really don’t like the cold 🥶 ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....