New album rumors/ expectations

124»

Comments

• vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    the way things are looking/sounding...well, i'm gonna stop.
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    JimmyV said:
    JimmyV said:
    I kinda figured the album was close to done. Nope.

Fans need to stop reading into vague messages like "forthcoming new album" ten months ago.
    We've had plenty of indication that they've spent time in the studio these last few months. Thanks for the unsolicited advice, though.
    That’s interesting. I haven’t read that. Do we have any indication that they’ve all spent time in the studio recently after Eddie’s GCF appearance or after the holidays?? Any more info about shows? All I’m seeing are comments from people like it’s no big deal if the band doesn’t get together again?!? All we have is a ten second video from sunburn Eddie congratulating a hockey players accomplishment and Jeff’s Chris tribute after show RS interview.  No other word from the band. Can’t believe we don’t have any show info yet. 
    Not that recent. But Can't Deny Me did get recorded, someone in management did get an ok to label the next album "forthcoming", and Ed declared at Fenway in September that the next time they would play together would be in a studio. To me that meant the fall. Now I'm not so sure.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    This is the beginning of the end it’s been coming for a while they obviously have grown apart it’s totally natural ...
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Jbarker said:
    I have no doubt the album was in fact "forthcoming" nine months ago... and no PR person would ever tweet a correction type statement suggesting progress is slowing and now the album is up in the air. they would wait for a positive tidbit if info from the band that would generate renewed interest. there just hasn't been one yet and now the interview is out.

No doubt?

forth·com·ing
    /fôrTHˈkəmiNG/
    adjective
    1. planned for or about to happen in the near future.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    This is the beginning of the end it’s been coming for a while they obviously have grown apart it’s totally natural ...
    Stop.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Except in cases where bands need to work to finance things like college...grad school....retirement...

10c members...you're lifetime loyalty... rewarded.
  • pjsteelerfanpjsteelerfan Maryland Posts: 9,883
    Stop.

...got a mind full of questions and a teacher in my soul...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Wma31394 said:
    my2hands said:
    Edved82 said:
    Jeff has been saying for a quite a while that he'd like to record more Pearl Jam music. He doesn't have kids, whereas the rest do, so I suppose life gets in the way of these things for the other guys. There's not much new in this article, to be fair.
    I'm sick of hearing some of them have kids... lots of people have lots of kids and work 40-60 hours per week, every week, every year...

Enough with the bullshit about having kids and families 

The band is fat, happy, and gonna slowly milk the cow for the next 30 years like every other legacy nostalgia act. The writing is on the wall

Let me know when their next formulaic and predictable pop-rock album comes out.

I hope you just read that Jeff Ament :)

^^ This is spot on..just the nature of the bizz. Your young, hungry, aggressive. Then you get old and cash it in. Tired of hearing "I'm just happy they're still playing music after all these years". That's like saying I'm happy I'm still married after all these years, but we only hug and have no sex anymore. 
    Preach! There's more action in the ICU than the PJ studio room. Drink some Red Bull and pop some blue pills if you can't get it done naturally.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited January 2019
    Please see the Posting Guidelines and stop with the disrespectful comments.

Thank you

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.