Options

5G Wireless Towers: Better Reception at Greater Health Risk?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,673
I ran into a friend today who told me a 5G Tower was installed near her home recently and she noticed an increase in the loudness of her tinnitus.  She suggested I look it up on the internet.  Looks to me like there are more risks than increased ringing in the ears (that alone, as many here know, is unpleasant), like increased cancer.  I've thought for a long time that the increase in cancers has a lot do do with chemicals in our environment and increased microwaves.  Damn, we humans sure have a knack for killing ourselves off.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Options
    Oh, and look how many of these things they are planning on installing: 300,000.  We are an insane species.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,281
    brianlux said:
    Oh, and look how many of these things they are planning on installing: 300,000.  We are an insane species.
    It’s weird but how do we fight the incoming tide of these kinds of technologies that we have become dependent of ? I’m looking at my future retirement and really want to shake off as much technological necessities we all use now ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    one theory holds that in addition to pesticides killing of bee species, the increase in cell tower coverage may be contributing.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    NIMBYs love the cancer scare card. 
  • Options
    I'm more interested in study, research, and smart thinking, not sensationalism (or uncalled for sarcasm). 

And my back yard?  It looks like this:

• Options
    brianlux said:
    I'm more interested in study, research, and smart thinking, not sensationalism (or uncalled for sarcasm). 

Clickbait news articles your idea of study research and smart thinking? 
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    brianlux said:

This was one of many articles I looked at. Should I post them all?  Is it too much trouble for you to look for yourself?

But look, I'm not going to try to convince you because I know your game and I'm not into it. 

Goodbye.

Post edited by brianlux on

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

This was one of many articles I looked at. Should I post them all?  Is it too much trouble for you to look for yourself?

But look, I'm not going to try to convince you because I know your game and I'm not into. 

Goodbye.

I understand your concerns.  I have read similar articles (which I have no intention of posting).  It seems like a reasonable concern. 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

But look, I'm not going to try to convince you because I know your game and I'm not into. 

Goodbye.

I understand your concerns.  I have read similar articles (which I have no intention of posting).  It seems like a reasonable concern. 
    Thank you, indeed! 

I know nothing any one of us can do will change the situation but I would do everything in my power to stop having a 5G put in close to my home.  In fact, if need be, I would move.  When we looked for the place we are in now, we passed on a couple of nice places because they were situation under high voltage power lines.  That shit is just not good for you.  It seems criminal to build that kind of thing near homes or, in the reverse, to build home near high  power lines, cell towers, etc. The common sense thing is for them to not be in anyone's backyard!

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Goodbye.

Thank you, indeed! 

I know nothing any one of us can do will change the situation but I would do everything in my power to stop having a 5G put in close to my home.  In fact, if need be, I would move.  When we looked for the place we are in now, we passed on a couple of nice places because they were situation under high voltage power lines.  That shit is just not good for you.  It seems criminal to build that kind of thing near homes or, in the reverse, to build home near high  power lines, cell towers, etc. The common sense thing is for them to not be in anyone's backyard!
    Yes, I have to agree.  We need better health studies.  I have that more and younger people are getting Parkinsons, Alzheimers and Dementia ... I have often wondered if the increase is caused by the amount of communication equipment that we rely on.  Often times they find cancer clusters when neighbourhoods are built near massive hydro transmission lines.

I worked 25 years in school maintenance, one of the schools had a major hydro transmission line run about a 1000 feet from the school...and newer homes on the other side...not well thought out.

The problem in our society is that us people are secondary anymore.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

Goodbye.

Thank you, indeed! 

Yes, I have to agree.  We need better health studies.  I have that more and younger people are getting Parkinsons, Alzheimers and Dementia ... I have often wondered if the increase is caused by the amount of communication equipment that we rely on.  Often times they find cancer clusters when neighbourhoods are built near massive hydro transmission lines.

I worked 25 years in school maintenance, one of the schools had a major hydro transmission line run about a 1000 feet from the school...and newer homes on the other side...not well thought out.

The problem in our society is that us people are secondary anymore.
    Well said!

• Options
    Excellent, thank you!  This just all seems so obvious and logical.  I've been thinking and talking about it since clear back in the mid to late 70's when in the San Francisco Bay area BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) was thinking about connecting BART's electrical rail to encircle the San Francisco Bay and it was deemed unhealthy to do so due to the electrical currents.  That was before wireless phones, wireless internet, cell towers, wireless transmissions of all sorts.  As the lady so clearly stated, we are bombarded continually with this unhealthy radiation.  Its no wonder (again, as she states) that so many epidemics are occurring- mental health, diabetes, cancer, and likely others.

Why are we doing this to ourselves and all other life around us?  This is insane. 

• Options
    brianlux said:
    Excellent, thank you!  This just all seems so obvious and logical.  I've been thinking and talking about it since clear back in the mid to late 70's when in the San Francisco Bay area BART (Bay Area Rapid Transit) was thinking about connecting BART's electrical rail to encircle the San Francisco Bay and it was deemed unhealthy to do so due to the electrical currents.  That was before wireless phones, wireless internet, cell towers, wireless transmissions of all sorts.  As the lady so clearly stated, we are bombarded continually with this unhealthy radiation.  Its no wonder (again, as she states) that so many epidemics are occurring- mental health, diabetes, cancer, and likely others.

Why are we doing this to ourselves and all other life around us?  This is insane. 
    Do we really need a 5G network?  My connection speed (LTE), is more than fast enough.  How fast do they want the internet to be?  

Then when the 5G networks are up and running, then Apple, Samsung and the rest will come up with a slick marketing campaign trying to get us to buy new phones...and millions will.  
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    brianlux said:

Do we really need a 5G network?  My connection speed (LTE), is more than fast enough.  How fast do they want the internet to be?  

Then when the 5G networks are up and running, then Apple, Samsung and the rest will come up with a slick marketing campaign trying to get us to buy new phones...and millions will.  
    This is the great question Bill McKibben posed in his book, Enough:

He basically proposes the idea that our society seems to think there is never going to be enough technology and that in thinking that way, we put our humanity in jeopardy.

The odd thing is, I've tried to talk to other people about this and they either make jokes about tin foil hats or, more commonly, try to change the subject or ignore it.  These technologies are so ubiquitous and common, I think many people are afraid to even consider that we may be doing ourselves in with this stuff.  Yet another reason why I think humans are on road to self-destruction- almost like mass suicide.

• Options
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

This is the great question Bill McKibben posed in his book, Enough:

He basically proposes the idea that our society seems to think there is never going to be enough technology and that in thinking that way, we put our humanity in jeopardy.

The odd thing is, I've tried to talk to other people about this and they either make jokes about tin foil hats or, more commonly, try to change the subject or ignore it.  These technologies are so ubiquitous and common, I think many people are afraid to even consider that we may be doing ourselves in with this stuff.  Yet another reason why I think humans are on road to self-destruction- almost like mass suicide.
    I will check my library for that book...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    I really hope these guys are wrong.  But what if they're not?  What they talk about makes sense to me.  I don't think this is some kind of flat earth bullshit.  I think it's some serious shit and worth thinking about.

• Options