Meanwhile in Australia😂

rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
It's that hot here even the spiders are thirsty😂
https://www.facebook.com/1561077690/posts/10212789409481005/

Comments

• Hi!Hi! Posts: 3,095
    Do you have a different link, I don’t Facebook

Detroit 2000, Detroit 2003 1-2, Grand Rapids VFC 2004, Philly 2005, Grand Rapids 2006, Detroit 2006, Cleveland 2006, Lollapalooza 2007, Detroit Eddie Solo 2011, Detroit 2014, Chicago 2016 1-2, Chicago 2018 1-2, Ohana Encore 2021 1-2, Chicago Eddie/Earthlings 2022 1-2, Nashville 2022, St. Louis 2022

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    I’ll take the heat over the cold any day ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
    Hi! said:
    Do you have a different link, I don’t Facebook
    I think all the google links come back to facebook.
    edited January 2019
    Its pretty disgustingly hot here ♨ the whole country is in a heatwave .. considering we are the size of Europe combined or the United states of America thats a pretty big oven!!
    Post edited by rhanishane on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    Its pretty disgustingly hot here ♨ the whole country is in a heatwave .. considering we are the size of Europe combined or the United states of America thats a pretty big oven!!
    I hope you get some cooling soon.  Heat waves are no fun!

I just saw this image.  Ouch!  That's HOT!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:

The air is like soup but really its just a regular summer down under.. Heatwave is just consecutive days of hot weather but those purple parts are close to 50 degrees.
    brianlux said:

The air is like soup but really its just a regular summer down under.. Heatwave is just consecutive days of hot weather but those purple parts are close to 50 degrees.
    That's 122 Fahrenheit in these parts,  Ouch!

Stay safe in that heat!

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    Like EV said at the gorge in 06
    its hot as a mother fucker.
    im in Oz working next to a giant oven
    🤬
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
    gvn2fly12 said:
    Like EV said at the gorge in 06
    its hot as a mother fucker.
    im in Oz working next to a giant oven
    🤬
    I feel for you!! Today is much cooler where i am
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's 122 Fahrenheit in these parts,  Ouch!

Stay safe in that heat!

15 hottest temps recorded in the world in one day and they were all in Australia last Tuesday! Its cooled down today on the coast.
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 787
    F in hot in Perth 7:15am and its 30 already 
    😥
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    ‘It’s like hell here’: Australia bakes as record temperatures nudge 50C
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/19/australia-swelters-as-relentless-hot-weather-smashes-records?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR2FwjPT_rdpPglXg9VUBdoCt68qlRDFYz2MCp7bqR0rybw61QPevFsuvHY

I'll keep the cold and 6 inches of snow that arrived today...

Give Peas A Chance…
    I wonder if or how this is affecting Antarctica?

gvn2fly12 said:
    F in hot in Perth 7:15am and its 30 already 
    😥
    It was 35 at 8.00am yesterday it was like opening the door to a furnace walking outside ..and im on the opposite side of the country 😂
    brianlux said:
    I wonder if or how this is affecting Antarctica?
    be like a griller over the top surely?
    https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/jan/19/australia-swelters-as-relentless-hot-weather-smashes-records?CMP=fb_gu&fbclid=IwAR2FwjPT_rdpPglXg9VUBdoCt68qlRDFYz2MCp7bqR0rybw61QPevFsuvHY

I only like it cold when i can be near a heat source constantly haha. But this kind of heat sucks the life out of you😓 The Stock animals and wildlife are doing it tough.
  • AnnafalkAnnafalk Sweden Posts: 4,004
    edited January 2019
    I feel for you, hoping you get rain and cooler weather soon!
    The summer we had over here was very abnormal as well, extremely dry. The climate changes are really visible. I’ve heard that countries that are closer to the north and south polars get the effects of climate changes earlier also.
    Post edited by Annafalk on
    edited January 2019

Image result for el nino australia 2019
    The January to March 2019 climate outlook, issued 20 December 2018, indicates a drier than average three months is likely for WA, parts of the northern NT and eastern mainlandAustralia. ... Outlooks suggest tropical Pacific waters are likely to remain at El Niño levels through the coming months

I only like it cold when i can be near a heat source constantly haha. But this kind of heat sucks the life out of you😓 The Stock animals and wildlife are doing it tough.
    I am never too far from heat.  As I got older I've grown to not mind winter.  I like that I get 4 seasons.  How ever, yesterday was our first real blast of winter.
    Give Peas A Chance…

I am never too far from heat.  As I got older I've grown to not mind winter.  I like that I get 4 seasons.  How ever, yesterday was our first real blast of winter.
    winters here are crazy.. we can have snow in parts mainly the eastern states in the alpine regions or high above sea level while bushfires rage in other parts, dust storms or floods elsewhere. The last few winters on the east coast didnt really drop below zero. Its been super dry and most the continent is in a drought. I flew from Sydney to northern east coast to Cairns and was disgusted how dry the land was and to see how much was just farming land and no trees was upsetting. 
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    edited January 2019
    Germany will get -20°C next week. Is it like -4° F? They say for weeks. Yikes!

After a really dry and hot summer it was still too dry and warm till now. The south can't keep up with the snow. They are already talking about floods after the river Rhein was nearly without water this summer. 

Some people still think everything is ok... :tired_face: 

Hope it's cooling down soon in Australia!!
    kce8 said:
    Germany will get -20°C next week. Is it like -4° F? They say for weeks. Yikes!

After a really dry and hot summer it was still too dry and warm till now. The south can't keep up with the snow. They are already talking about floods after the river Rhein was nearly without water this summer. 

Some people still think everything is ok... :tired_face: 

Hope it's cooling down soon in Australia!!
    interesting to see what is going on in the world as we don't always see it in the news. I hope it cools down here too its not much fun at work in this heat.
    currently minus 14, dropping to -19 overnight...a wee bit chilly.  No complaints, March will be here soon.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    currently minus 14, dropping to -19 overnight...a wee bit chilly.  No complaints, March will be here soon.
    I think i would die in those temps haha. I don't think it drops that low here even in the snowy mountains ever!
    edited January 2019

I think i would die in those temps haha. I don't think it drops that low here even in the snowy mountains ever!
    Yes, that's cold! 

One night, when I was living in western New York State, at around midnight getting out of my car and the temperature, with wind chill factor, was -51 Celsius.   Yes,  negative 51 degrees (minus 60 Fahrenheit).  I couldn't breath the air.  It felt like daggers in my lungs.  I jumped back in the car, took several deep breaths, then held my breath and ran into the building I where I was working grave yard shift.  Brrrrr!

brianlux said:

Yes, that's cold! 

One night, when I was living in western New York State, at around midnight getting out of my car and the temperature, with wind chill factor, was -51 Celsius.   Yes,  negative 51 degrees (minus 60 Fahrenheit).  I couldn't breath the air.  It felt like daggers in my lungs.  I jumped back in the car, took several deep breaths, then held my breath and ran into the building I where I was working grave yard shift.  Brrrrr!
    -51 is insane... i looked up our lowest temp and it was -23 at Charlotte Pass (snowy mountains) in 1994. Sydney usually drops to 10 in winter haha. 
    brianlux said:

Yes, that's cold! 

That is cold, wow...I have never experienced it that cold.  Maybe -30, with windchill maybe -35, and that was cold enough. I just hope the homeless folks found a warm spot for the night, around my area the homeless coalition do a good job of making sure that anyone who wants to be inside is inside...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:

Yes, that's cold! 

That is cold, wow...I have never experienced it that cold.  Maybe -30, with windchill maybe -35, and that was cold enough. I just hope the homeless folks found a warm spot for the night, around my area the homeless coalition do a good job of making sure that anyone who wants to be inside is inside...
    How would anything survive outside in that weather. We've already had 2 deaths in this heat.

heatwaves are the biggest natural killer in Aus♨