online dating?

Comments

• badbrainsbadbrains Posts: 10,255
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

Rygar said:

Oh well she got back to me and isn't interested, so that's that!

Fuck her then! You're to good for her anyways. Keep your head up bro. Maybe the girl of your dreams in the forums? U never know.
    What he said.
    Hell ya, look at cav and lisa. Show me 2 people more happy or more in love then those 2! (I know there's prob couples out there happier, just making an example of how they're so in LOVE)! Hahaha

I don't know if Susan is single but if she is, I can vouch for her that she's an ANGEL!!!! And has a HUGE HEART! And has magic powers!!! Hahaha

Edit-and has Lady Luck written all over her!!!
    Thanks, BB. Yes, I am single, but I'm pretty sure I'm too old for Rygar.
    Maybe he's looking for a cougar! Or a sugar momma! Hahaha
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

Rygar said:

Fuck her then! You're to good for her anyways. Keep your head up bro. Maybe the girl of your dreams in the forums? U never know.
    What he said.
    Hell ya, look at cav and lisa. Show me 2 people more happy or more in love then those 2! (I know there's prob couples out there happier, just making an example of how they're so in LOVE)! Hahaha

I don't know if Susan is single but if she is, I can vouch for her that she's an ANGEL!!!! And has a HUGE HEART! And has magic powers!!! Hahaha

Sugar momma? =)) I'm barely able to take care of myself.
    ELITIST FUK
    SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

Rygar said:

What he said.

Don't let her fool you! She just bought me $200 sneakers hahahaha.
  • whispering handswhispering hands Under your skin Posts: 13,527
    Hahaha!!
  • PJSirenPJSiren Salem, OR Posts: 5,863
    Online dating can be just as hard as going out and trying to meet people in person! But don't let it get ya down...I met my hubby that way...but before going out with him went out with a ton of frogs first...lol
    Music is my Religion and Pearl Jam, my Savior!
    Tattooed Dissident!
    badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

SD48277 said:

badbrains said:

Rygar said:

What he said.

Don't let her fool you! She just bought me $200 sneakers hahahaha.

Well, when you put it that way... (although, it actually sounds as if I am your sugar momma, hahaha)
    ELITIST FUK
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Dude it took many dates to find Mrs. right, all the online stuff is for is to break the ice and meet the person virtually instead of going up to some stranger somewhere and asking them out, or having a family member set you up on a blind date. Just keep trying, you'll find the right person eventually ;-) It is always up to you and her in the end, computers only bring you together, what you do from there is all human
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685
    A-men to that.
    Meeting multiple people at a time is not my thing though :P
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    I'm meeting someone i met through a dating website tomorrow. We chatted for awhile. We have similar tastes in music. She likes Pearl Jam and BRMC. :-bd Just hoping it goes better than the last few women i met online :-S
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly

I'm meeting someone i met through a dating website tomorrow. We chatted for awhile. We have similar tastes in music. She likes Pearl Jam and BRMC. :-bd Just hoping it goes better than the last few women i met online :-S

Good luck! (and report back).
    ELITIST FUK
  • RygarRygar Posts: 8,685

Good luck!

Good luck Dave!
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    thanks everyone. guess it went ok. Not sure if she felt a connection with me or not. Good conversation, mostly talked music. I did ghet the feeling she just wants friends at this point though, but who knows.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JWPearlJWPearl Posts: 19,893
    what about swinging B-) prefer an ordely swap involving 2 pairs only and not six or eight, it just gets messy, just one married couple with another married couple, easier for the kids to not catch on!
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    JWPearl said:

what about swinging B-) prefer an ordely swap involving 2 pairs only and not six or eight, it just gets messy, just one married couple with another married couple, easier for the kids to not catch on!

@-)

JWPearl said:

@-)
    I'm not the only one ey? X_X
  • WhatYouTaughtMeWhatYouTaughtMe I have no idea what's going on right now! Posts: 4,957
    badbrains said:

JWPearl said:

@-)
    I'm not the only one ey? X_X
    Hey, I'm not judging. That might warrant it's own thread. Hahaha
    I just wasn't going to
    Say anything.. Honestly.. The thought of people 'swinging' just makes me sick.. Especially in a marriage situation. I mean marriage is a serious thing.. At least to me. And to 'share' your partner is just GROSS. But I am a Puritan sorta girl, so.. It probably doesn't mean anything..
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

I just wasn't going to
    Say anything.. Honestly.. The thought of people 'swinging' just makes me sick.. Especially in a marriage situation. I mean marriage is a serious thing.. At least to me. And to 'share' your partner is just GROSS. But I am a Puritan sorta girl, so.. It probably doesn't mean anything..

yeah im not good with sharing either.

hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    edited December 2014
    I've had some luck with the online dating thing. Connected me back with a cheating ex lol but we're friends now and we giggle about the crazies in our past. I've met some nice guys that I didn't really have any spark with but we're good friends. It's tough, a lot of guys want to be taken care of (mothering), some want an easy lay and some are just plain crazy. I live in an area where almost everyone hunts, which I frown upon and they are HUGE nascar fans, which is NOT my thing. I am not desperate though and have pretty high standards when it comes to how I respect myself and want to be treated. Keep trying, if all else fails, you just might make some great friends.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • I've learned not to take these serious. When I first tried these I was hoping to find a pretty cool chick and just ended up meeting crazies, one of them talked to spirits and claimed the world had already ended and we are all living in the past. She is my favorite crazy so far. A lot of single moms ashamed of their kids it seems. I think by the 3rd date at the latest a mention of kids should come up. Met one with 7 kids and never let on that she had any, only found out cause my friend found her Facebook. Actually met a PJ fan but she was a bit of a loon too, that was disappointing.

Talking to a guy at work that used dating sites it seems I have quite the knack for finding the crazies, he seems to do much better than me. Usually finds a girl after only meeting a few. Me on the other hand, Ive told friends about some of my dates and got responses like you can't seriously want to see her again, you might end up in garbage bags.

It is very much a weeding out process, don't expect much and maybe something good will happen.
    I've learned not to take these serious. When I first tried these I was hoping to find a pretty cool chick and just ended up meeting crazies, one of them talked to spirits and claimed the world had already ended and we are all living in the past. She is my favorite crazy so far. A lot of single moms ashamed of their kids it seems. I think by the 3rd date at the latest a mention of kids should come up. Met one with 7 kids and never let on that she had any, only found out cause my friend found her Facebook. Actually met a PJ fan but she was a bit of a loon too, that was disappointing.

Talking to a guy at work that used dating sites it seems I have quite the knack for finding the crazies, he seems to do much better than me. Usually finds a girl after only meeting a few. Me on the other hand, Ive told friends about some of my dates and got responses like you can't seriously want to see her again, you might end up in garbage bags.

It is very much a weeding out process, don't expect much and maybe something good will happen.

7 kids? Whoa. @-)
    ELITIST FUK
    I've learned not to take these serious. When I first tried these I was hoping to find a pretty cool chick and just ended up meeting crazies, one of them talked to spirits and claimed the world had already ended and we are all living in the past. She is my favorite crazy so far. A lot of single moms ashamed of their kids it seems. I think by the 3rd date at the latest a mention of kids should come up. Met one with 7 kids and never let on that she had any, only found out cause my friend found her Facebook. Actually met a PJ fan but she was a bit of a loon too, that was disappointing.

That sounds familiar!
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    I'm trying online dating again. The last time was 12 years ago, and I was really sad nothing came of it. This time the apps make the process easier. I'm curious and cautious. If something good happens I'll be happy, if nothing happens my life won't change.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Ms. Haiku said:
    I'm trying online dating again. The last time was 12 years ago, and I was really sad nothing came of it. This time the apps make the process easier. I'm curious and cautious. If something good happens I'll be happy, if nothing happens my life won't change.
    Good luck.  I have been trying to figure that online dating.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • kce8kce8 Posts: 1,636
    I think I would not do that. Or maybe more I can't imagine to do that. I would feel like I would sell myself..!? 

But good luck. Hope you'll find a wonderful person! :)
  • Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,245
    Sometimes these app things are intuitive, and sometimes they aren't intuitive. I think I'll understand this one online dating app if I pay a fee. The fee may be worth it as this one app includes more people who live near me.
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Thoughts_ArriveThoughts_Arrive Melbourne, Australia Posts: 15,165
    Nope. Haven't tried. I came close but. Created an account but couldn't find the will to upload a photo and type a bit about me.
    Adelaide 17/11/2009, Melbourne 20/11/2009, Sydney 22/11/2009, Melbourne (Big Day Out Festival) 24/01/2014
  • jnimhaoileoinjnimhaoileoin Baile Átha Cliath Posts: 2,682
    I tried it, went nowhere. Even now I go on it from time to time, send some messages to guys I like the look of, safe in the knowledge that none of them will ever answer :P That way I can at least tell myself I made an effort!
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    I tried it, went nowhere. Even now I go on it from time to time, send some messages to guys I like the look of, safe in the knowledge that none of them will ever answer :P That way I can at least tell myself I made an effort!

Hi Jenny! Good to see you back. It's been ages. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf