I wish I had __________on vinyl.....

hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
edited January 2019 in Other Music
I was admiring a Zucchero GH LP last night,  and got to wondering what are some titles on vinyl you just would love to have?  I am hoping we can get a little more obscure than a Benny or Pearl Jam title.

Comments

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Pearl Jam, Live at Benaroya Hall
    Neil Young, Dead Man
    Neil Young, Mirror Ball
    Neil Young, Official Release Series Discs 1-4

And so much more (e.g., Frusciante's solo catalog from Niandra LaDes and Usually Just a T-Shirt through The Empyrean, including Ataxia albums and Klinghoffer collaboration), but that's all I've got for now.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    To many original pressings to list, but I will give you a couple I have been looking for a long time.
    Led Zeppelin II - RL cut
    Original UK, 1st pressing - Abbey Road
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    edited January 2019
    My top three:
    I'm a big fan of Melody Gardot and of course the other voices on this album are great as well. Hard to find and pricey when one pops up.

The Presidents' debut album with Bill Clinton cover.  This one is probably the easiest to obtain of the three but still can fetch anywhere from $80-$100.

Hilltop Hoods 2003 breakout album "The Calling."  Very rare and stupidly expensive.

• Are we speaking only of records that already exist or albums that have never been pressed on vinyl l, as well?
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Mirror Ball
  • Before These Crowded Streets

With Teeth
    "My brain's a good brain!"

• Image result for aenima tool record original
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    Are we speaking only of records that already exist or albums that have never been pressed on vinyl l, as well?
    Existing...  keep em coming,  I love seeing some of the obscure tastes we  have
    Before These Crowded Streets

With Teeth
    I think this is in line for a repress.  Trent is going vinyl and tangible as a product recently,  and reissuing everything, even side projects and soundtracks.  Pretty hate machine is thebonly on either not out already or slated for a rerelease.  He seems to really hate digitalnat this point and how we have lost our connection with tangible things
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368

Image result for aenima tool record original
    Aside from Benny Hall (which I'll never own..), this is #1 on my wishlist.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    edited January 2019
    Great thread! :clap:

At the top of my list are the Neil LPs still missing from my collection:

Year of the Horse
    Road Rock Vol. 1
    Are You Passionate?
    Prairie Wind
    Living with War
    Living with War: "In the Beginning" 
    Chrome Dreams II
    Fork in the Road
    Le Noise

I’d also love to get hold of a couple of Mark Lanegan records:

Bubblegum
    Here Comes That Weird Chill
    Imitations

These are the ones that are hard to find at decent prices (taking into account shipping to Australia as well). There are a few others that are pretty easy to get, but I haven’t got around to yet.
    Post edited by goldrush on
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    Yes, great question!

Albums I wish I had on vinyl:

Neil Young and Crazy Horse, Weld
    Juliana Hatfield Three: Become What You Are
    J Mascis:  Martin + Me
    Paul Westerberg:  Stereo/Mono
        "                         Come Feel Me Tremble
    Beautiful People:  If 60 Were 90's
    Miles Davis, Bitches Brew on either the 2010 Legacy 40th Anniversary Box Set, or even better yet, the 2014 Mobile Fidelity Sound Lab
    Luna Rex:  All Kinds of Terrain

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951

How you get this?
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    edited January 2019
    The Jamaican mixes of Catch a Fire. It was on the 30th anniversary CD and I believe it got a Japan only pressing, but I’d love for a US pressing. 

Otherwise, there aren’t many grails out there that I NEED. I’d love BTCS, but I bet we see a repress for RSD. I’m pretty fortunate to have most of my grails. But I’ve been collecting a long time so I was able to get tons when they were dirt cheap in the early aughts.

• Image result for aenima tool record original
    How you get this?
    It's what I want to get.  I don't own one and stole the pic from ebay.

How you get this?
    It's what I want to get.  I don't own one and stole the pic from ebay.
    Right, I noticed it wasn’t the recently picked up on vinyl thread after I posted lol 
  • FrankY59FrankY59 Posts: 1,048
    edited January 2019

1996...in tenth grade.  I saw the vinyl and CD on display at Borders book shop.  I grabbed the CD to buy wondering who the fuck buys vinyl.  At least I can say Ive seen it with my own two eyes even if for only a few seconds...
    Post edited by FrankY59 on
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,606
    FrankY59 said:

1996...in tenth grade.  I saw the vinyl and CD on display at Borders book shop.  I grabbed the CD to buy wondering who the fuck buys vinyl.  At least I can say Ive seen it with my own two eyes even if for only a few seconds...
    I saw avacado lp when it first came out and would never buy vinyl...odd how things changed back. That st is not hard to get now with repress. Not og but I hear that the og press didnt sound great...I still wish I bought it.
  • David Bowie - Five Years Vinyl Box.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Wildflowers!!!
    When o when is Wildflowers going to be reissued? :anguished:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • FrankY59 said:

If I could only find something on vinyl I would buy it otherwise everything was a CD back then.  Only certain bands only made vinyl.

So I didn't realize that this is that friggin rare and I haven't bought or found a copy yet at a good price.
    PJ_Soul said:
    Wildflowers!!!
    When o when is Wildflowers going to be reissued? :anguished:
    seriously, can't believe this is still not repressed
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Technically it has been. 

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    Technically it has been. 

But you know what we mean. It being part of a big boxset doesn't count for someone who just wants Wildflowers, obviously.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Jack white live at roo
    PJ live on two legs
    dmb live at benny 2002
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Lost Dogs - Pearl Jam 
  • Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    Dreams do come true
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Queens of the Stone Age - Songs for the Deaf
    Dreams do come true
    Yes!  Can't wait!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit