1/16/19 Vault 8 shipping update...

Comments

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    mcgruff10 said:
    AndySlash said:
    lolobugg said:
    The start is really rough. Not a very good performance 
    it's not a show that should have been released as a vault at all, imo.
    Agree 100%. There were so many better shows in 2005. 
    and most every other year of their existence.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    AndySlash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    AndySlash said:
    lolobugg said:
    We knew this though already, this show’s not new to anyone.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • pjpitt89pjpitt89 Posts: 1,817
    MedozK said:
    MedozK said:
    Mine is out for delivery today. So should be able to answer a lot of questions on the differences of the pressings.
    Looking forward to it!
    Ok if anyone cares here are the differences between the US and EU pressing of vault #8.

PACKAGE
    Packaging is exactly the same, no difference in the book style package and exact same spine information, style and position.
    However, the EU version does have the LPs in separate black paper sleeves. So you may see more scuffs from the US version as you try to remove them from the book pages. I would have liked the black sleeves to by poly-lined, but I guess you can't have everything.

LPs
    The records are the EXACT same cut. They're from the same plates, plated at RTI. Both versions were cut by Levi Seitz at Black Belt Mastering in Seattle. These plates were then sent to press at Cascade Record Pressing, per information here. Now there is not any information regarding this plant in the runouts. Usually Cascade etch CP-#### on their work however there are none present on the US pressings, if I had no information from here, I would have assumed they were pressed at RTI. The plates sent to Europe were pressed at GZ Media. This can be found by their job number stamps on the EU pressings runout.

EDIT - @Santos L. Halper  , can we get a confirmation that the US pressings were in fact pressed at Cascade Record Pressing.

Sound
    These should sound EXACTLY the same. Since they're from the same plates (cuts), there should be no sound difference. Now I have not listened to both yet, and pressing errors can cause audible differences, but that would be the pressing plants fault.

The look of the LPs look very nice, all seem to be flat, and labels centered. Look forward to listening and see what we have.
    Great info, much appreciated. Just got through my first listen. Really solid sounding LPs in my opinion. Each LP is flat and dead quiet, minimal to no surface noise. Well centered as well. I’m really pleased with the sound. Got a touch of what seemed like inner groove distortion at times, but I’m pleased
    9/1/00, 4/28/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 9/28/05, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 6/1/06, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 8/7/08 (EV), 6/12/09 (EV), 10/27/09, 10/28/09,10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/21/10, 6/15/11 (EV), 9/2/12, 7/19/13, 10/21/13, 10/22/13, 10/27/13, 4/28/16, 4/29/16, 8/7/16, 11/4/16 (TOTD), 8/18/18, 8/20/18, 9/24/21 (EV&Earthlings), 9/26/21, 9/11/2022, 9/14/2022
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    This show is a lot better than it is being tabbed.  The first side has some big issues most notably Ed's having problems with the in-ear monitors and is totally off at points and almost all of insignificance.  

This is not the best show from 2005, but every other show from the year is already available in lossless quality at Nugs now.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• Received mine in Florida today
  • bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    I never buy 2, but I did this time since there are two different pressings. US and EU. You can still order the EU pressing.
    Interested to pick up if there are any significant differences in how the two different pressings are cut.  One thing I noticed on this one particular is that each record, particularly the 3rd leaves A LOT of space on the end of each side that feels like it is not the most optimal idea.
    To be fair, inner groove distortion is worse the closer to the spindle you get and you only gain so much by increasing the pitch.
    bazzer said:
    PB11041 said:
    MedozK said:
    I never buy 2, but I did this time since there are two different pressings. US and EU. You can still order the EU pressing.
    Interested to pick up if there are any significant differences in how the two different pressings are cut.  One thing I noticed on this one particular is that each record, particularly the 3rd leaves A LOT of space on the end of each side that feels like it is not the most optimal idea.
    To be fair, inner groove distortion is worse the closer to the spindle you get and you only gain so much by increasing the pitch.
    True. I am not looking for them to take it to the spindle, and perhaps with this mix it actually made more sense sonically to do it the way it is cut and laid out.  It just struck me that there was so much space.  It seemed like excess over correction, but the truth is I play records, I don;t cut them so I will defer to the wizards who do. 

• AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204
    AndySlash said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    AndySlash said:
    lolobugg said:
    We knew this though already, this show’s not new to anyone.
    and your point is?
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734

Got mine yesterday, will be listening to to it tomorrow morning with a fresh home roast. 
    Thanks @MedozK for the pressing info!
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• PB11041 said:
    This show is a lot better than it is being tabbed.  The first side has some big issues most notably Ed's having problems with the in-ear monitors and is totally off at points and almost all of insignificance.  

This is not the best show from 2005, but every other show from the year is already available in lossless quality at Nugs now.

HOB with Plant from 2005 would have been great
    looking to hear of the earth
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    edited January 2019
    Got mine today on Long Island 

good weekend to stay in, order delivery, have some wine, spin records & watch football

fuck winter & snow!
    PB11041 said:

HOB with Plant from 2005 would have been great
    True, I always forget and confuse that with the one in 2002 where they put the cardboard cut out of Stone on stage because he was unable to be there. 

• VitalogensiaVitalogensia Posts: 1,900
    AndySlash said:
    lolobugg said:
    I'm glad I'm not the only person thinking this.  I've only listened through once, but I'm confused as to why this show was picked.
    Virginia Beach 2000; Pittsburgh 2000; Columbus 2003; D.C. 2003; Pittsburgh 2006; Virginia Beach 2008; Cleveland 2010; PJ20 2011; Pittsburgh 2013; Baltimore 2013; Charlottesville 2013; Charlotte 2013; Lincoln 2014; Moline 2014; St. Paul 2014; Greenville 2016; Hampton 2016; Lexington 2016; Wrigley 2016; Prague 2018; Krakow 2018; Berlin 2018; Fenway 2018; Camden 2022; St. Paul 2023
    Why do you think they play Missoula a decent amount of times?

why was Missoula lumped in with major cities like Seattle, Chicago & Boston this year?

anyone need more hints or are they ok with why Missoula was picked?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    CROJAM95 said:
    Why do you think they play Missoula a decent amount of times?

why was Missoula lumped in with major cities like Seattle, Chicago & Boston this year?

anyone need more hints or are they ok with why Missoula was picked?
    Jeff is from there and tester. I still don’t get why this show was picked.  I’ve listened to it twice and nothing really stands out to me. It is a good show but not great by any means. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Tester support is all bout Jeff

answer is Jeff, only Jeff, Jeffrey, Jeff!!!

Jeff wants to big up his hood, nothing wrong with that especially since he can help bring attention to a place most would overlook

hes always trying to put them on the map. 

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PB11041 said:

Insignificance is rough.  Yikes.
    PB11041 said:

Most of side A is pretty choppy but Insignificance is a train wreck no doubt.  Things are pretty strong from Sad on out.

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Most of side A is pretty choppy but Insignificance is a train wreck no doubt.  Things are pretty strong from Sad on out.
    Yeah rough start but got much better from there.  Still don't think it was worthy of a vault release though.  
    I actually like the way he sings insignificance!  It sounds pretty damn cool because it is different. 
    PB11041 said:
    PB11041 said:

Yeah rough start but got much better from there.  Still don't think it was worthy of a vault release though.  
    I could argue that they have left quite a bit on the table beyond 3 and 6 in terms of the selections they have made.  I personally like 4 the best just from an interest level, but I would much like to see Vault 9, 10, 11 and 12 focus exclusively on untapped (ie no existing board shows, monkeywrench fm shows) from Spring 1994, 1995 (except aforementioned), 1996 and 1998.

If I was making a list I'd like to see them knock out the following shows next:

-September 28, 1996
    -March 13, 1994
    -September 14, 1995
    -September 11, 1998

I do absolutely love rvm on the vault.  I wish the band would go there still during the jam. 
  • jbrowniejbrownie Posts: 135
    Received mine in Florida today
    Mine has been all over the east coast of Florida for the better part of a week now, like its vacationing at Disney or something. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    UPS handed off to the USPS office in the city adjacent to mine, but then it got sent to the main LA regional hub which is further away. Would have gladly picked it up at that local office.
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    kasedoug said:
    UPS handed off to the USPS office in the city adjacent to mine, but then it got sent to the main LA regional hub which is further away. Would have gladly picked it up at that local office.
    Mine has been held in Compton since the 13th. If I get a Dre vault next week, we’ll know what happened. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    I do absolutely love rvm on the vault.  I wish the band would go there still during the jam. 
    2003 - 2005 Rearview is the absolute pinnacle best for that song. 

jbrownie said:
    Received mine in Florida today
    Mine has been all over the east coast of Florida for the better part of a week now, like its vacationing at Disney or something. 
    kasedoug said:
    nuzzer1 said:
    kasedoug said:
    Mine has been held in Compton since the 13th. If I get a Dre vault next week, we’ll know what happened. 
    Logistics. Not really.  

CROJAM95 said:
    Tester support is all bout Jeff

answer is Jeff, only Jeff, Jeffrey, Jeff!!!

Jeff wants to big up his hood, nothing wrong with that especially since he can help bring attention to a place most would overlook

hes always trying to put them on the map. 

They've done two now with that Instant Classic thing from 2012, and this one, 2.8.1995.  This set kills. 

If they really want to put Missoula on the map, Vault this...

• a5pja5pj Hershey PA Posts: 3,834
    Opened mine and got 2 A/B records. So if you plan on just throwing it on the shelf for later you may want to check.
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• NamiNami Newfoundland Posts: 5,989
    demetrios said:
    Thanks!  :)
    Get yours yet D?
    Hamilton 9-13-05; Toronto 5-9-06, Toronto 8-21-09, Toronto 9-12-11, Hamilton 9-15-11....