I Am A Highway: Chris Cornell Tribute Show

ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
edited January 2019 in Given To Fly (live)

Setlist, I'm missing some stuff and some might be slightly incorrect but heres what I could make of the feeds

Melvin’s - With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands, Honey Bucket,  Spoonman

Rita Wilson & Pete Thorn - The Promise

Nikka Costa & Alain Johannes - Disappearing One

Chris Stapleton - The Keeper

Foo Fighters - No Attention, Girl u Want-> Earache My Eye

Dave Grohl solo - Everlong

Josh Homme - Rusty Cage in the style of Johnny Cash with Hand of Doom snippet?

Maroon 5 & Stone Gossard - Seasons

Miley Cyrus - Two Drink Minimum/ When Hope and Promise Fade

Audioslave

Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Geezer Butler, Perry Farrell - Cochise

Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Geezer Butler, with Juliette Lewis - Be Yourself

Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Chris Cheney, Tim McIlrath (Rise Against) and Sam Harris (X Ambassadors) - Set It Off

Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Chris Cheney, Brandi Carlile - Like A Stone

Tom Morello, Brad Wilk, Robert Trujillo, Dave Grohl - Show Me How To Live

Ziggy Marley & Toni Cornell - Redemption Song

Jack Black sings a couple lines from Show Me How To Live, Spoonman & One

Metallica - All Your Lies, For Whom The Bell Tolls, Master Of Puppets, Head Injury

Ryan Adams - Dead Wishes, Fell On Black Days

Temple Of The Dog

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Nikka Costa, Alain Johannes & Brendan O’Brien - Preaching The End Of The World

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Eric Gabriel?, Nikka Costa, Alain Johannes & Brendan O’Brien - Can’t Change Me

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Jerry Cantrell, William Duvall - Hunted Down

Stone Gossard, Matt Chamberlain, Jeff Ament, Fiona Apple - All Night Thing

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Alain Johannes, Nikka Costa, Miguel - Reach Down

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Alain Johannes, Miley Cyrus - Say Hello 2 Heaven

Stone Gossard, Matt Cameron, Jeff Ament, Chris Stapleton, Brandi Carlile - Hunger Strike

Soundgarden

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Taylor Momsen - Rusty Cage

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Marcus Durant (Zen Guerrilla & MC50) - Flower

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Marcus Durant, Stone Gossard - Outshined

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Taylor Momsen + 2 sax players - Drawing Flies

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Taylor Momsen, Wayne Kramer, Tom Morello - Loud Love

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Buzz Osborne, Taylor Hawkins - I Awake

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Buzz Osborne, Taylor Hawkins - The Day I Tried To Live

Kim Thayil, Matt Cameron, Ben Shepherd, Peter Frampton, Brandi Carlile, Tim & Phil Hanseroth - Black Hole Sun

Kim Thayil and Ben Shepherd stay on stage and create feedback for a while till walking off

Personal Highlights vocally include, The Keeper, Seasons, Two Drink Minimum, Set It Off, Show Me How To Live, Ryan Adams, Hunted Down, all TOTD and SG songs, but especially Drawing Flies 

2016- TOTD Seattle Night 1+2
2018- Home Shows Night 1+2, Missoula 
Post edited by Chadplam on

Comments

• ChadplamChadplam Alberta Posts: 186
    edited January 2019
    All three of Chris's kids came on as well, Toni to sing, Lily to talk before TOTD about her dad and his humanitarian work, Chris Jr. to introduce SG. Vicky came out to talk about Chris and the event too. Stone gave a shoutout to Chris's family that wasn't there and Eddie and Mike among others, There was also a video of Jimmy Page before SG saying how he wished he could be there and his appreciation for Cornells work
    Post edited by Chadplam on
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    edited January 2019
    That’s quite the lineup. 
  • ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    The Melvins also played With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands by Malfunkshun in between their opener and Honey Bucket. Not sure if it was the full song.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    The Melvins also played With Yo Heart Not Yo Hands by Malfunkshun in between their opener and Honey Bucket. Not sure if it was the full song.
    thanks ill toss it in 
    According to another article that I was reading they also squeezed Leech in there somewhere too, which was their other Deep Six song I think.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
    According to another article that I was reading they also squeezed Leech in there somewhere too, which was their other Deep Six song I think.
    ah maybe that was the first one

The first song that they played was something from their Ipecac era records. I can't remember the name of it but it's closer to now than their beginning.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Damn, that sounds like a hell of a show.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    According to Kerrang, Josh Freese played drums for some of the TOTD songs. Don’t mean to split hairs, just throwing it out there. https://www.kerrang.com/the-news/heres-the-full-set-list-from-last-nights-i-am-the-highway-chris-cornell-tribute-concert/
  • Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 722
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • dsb328dsb328 Posts: 5
    I was there, it was an incredible show.  Miley's performance of Say Hello 2 Heaven was the best performance of the night; very emotional.  That song was written for/about Andy and you just hope Chris and Andy were together watching the show last night.

Was there a reason Eddie and Mike weren't there?  Their connection to Chris, besides being members of TOTD, can't be understated...
  • MH56465MH56465 Posts: 30
    edited February 2019
    dsb328 said:
    I was there, it was an incredible show.  Miley's performance of Say Hello 2 Heaven was the best performance of the night; very emotional.  That song was written for/about Andy and you just hope Chris and Andy were together watching the show last night.

Was there a reason Eddie and Mike weren't there?  Their connection to Chris, besides being members of TOTD, can't be understated...
    The first half of the show was truly epic, but I thought Metallica destroyed the momentum and drained the energy from the crowd - first being delayed and then with a meh setlist combined with an inability to actually play...Stone didn't help later on when the crowd surged to their feet at the intro to TOTD, only for him to cut to Euphoria Morning performances (Nikka Costa was on stage too much).

HIGHLIGHTS:
    Chris Stapleton - The Keeper
    Audioslave + Perry - Cochise

WTF:
    Soundgarden + Taylor Momsen - Rusty Cage
    (*****I was livid that she was "singing" to a backing track but couldn't stay in sync with it..and then they brought her back for more.  In thinking about it on my drive back to AZ thru the night, though, I'm wondering if that song was originally slated for Mike Patton and she tried to step in without really having time to prepare it in a few days)

Post edited by Sea on
  • so jealous of those able to attend, hoping that a bootleg surfaces, what an epic lineup across the board.  So many musicians I love.
  • treestrees Columbus OHIO Posts: 1,800
    so jealous of those able to attend, hoping that a bootleg surfaces, what an epic lineup across the board.  So many musicians I love.
    Please make a bootlege or boxset this was epic thank you so much for doing this 

PJ Cuyahoga Flalls OH 8/26/1998
    PJ Noblesviile IN 8/18/2000
    PJ Cincinnatti OH 8/20/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 8/21/2000
    PJ Columbus OH 6/24/2003
    PJ Hamilton Ontario 9/13/2005
    PJ Phiadelphia PA 10/3/2005
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/20/2006
    PJ Columbia SC 6/16/2008.....
    e.V Chicago IL 8/21/2008
    e.V Philly PA 6/11/2009
    e.V Bailtimore MD 6/14/2009...
    PJ Chicago IL 8/23/2009
    .PJ...Philly PA 10/27/2009 PJ.Philadephia PA 10/28/2009.
    PJ Columbus OH 5/6/2010
    PJ Cleveland OH 5/9/2010.
    BRAD Columbus OH 10/5/2010
    e.V St.Louis MO 7/1/2011
    .PJ.. East Troy WI 9/3/2011..PJ..East Troy WI 9/4/2011
    Neil Young & Crazy Horse Cleveland OH 10/8/2012
    RNDM Chicago IL11/13/2012
    Alice In Chains/SoundGarden Columbus OH 5/19/2013
    AIC Fort Wayne IN 5/21/2013
    PJ Pittsburgh PA 10/11/2013
    AIC Cincinnati OH 5/17/2014
    AIC Cleveland OH 5/19/2014
    AIC Indianapolis IN 8/19/2014
    PJ Cincinnati OH 10/1/2014
    AIC Cincinnati OH 8/06/2015
    RNDM Chicago IL 3/15/2016
    PJ Columbia SC 4\21\2016
    PJ Lexington KY 4/26/2016
    PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2016
    Soundgarden Columbus OH 5/20/2017 Canceled RIP Chris
    AIC Columbus OH 5/18/2018 
    PJ Chicago IL 8/18/2018 PJ Chicago IL 8/20/2018
    PJ St Louis Missouri 9/18/2022
    AIC Cuyohoga falls Oh. 8/16/2019
    SHAWNSMITH Rip 2019Mark Lanegan Band 5/18/19
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    MH56465 said:
    Soundgarden + Taylor Momsen - Rusty Cage
    (*****I was livid that she was "singing" to a backing track but couldn't stay in sync with it..and then they brought her back for more.  In thinking about it on my drive back to AZ thru the night, though, I'm wondering if that song was originally slated for Mike Patton and she tried to step in without really having time to prepare it in a few days)
    wut
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    I'm listening to audio...who sung Billie Jean, I can't find the song in any set list. 
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    edited January 2019
    I'm listening to audio...who sung Billie Jean, I can't find the song in any set list. 
    It was a video of Chris playing it that was shown on the screens. There were several videos of him performing in between acts. 
  • NatashapearljamfanNatashapearljamfan Australia Posts: 3,777
    Thanks we thought it sounded so much like him!
  • CopperTomCopperTom Posts: 2,989
    There’s a recording on Dime.
  • ogre1213ogre1213 Posts: 391
    Miley Cyrus is legit. Great singing, excellent performance. She really belted it out, very impressed. 
    Some die just to live
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    Very emotional, especially the videos and when Matt and then Stone spoke.

Personal highlights from the night of the show:  Show Me How to Live, Seasons (both amazing)
    The worst:  Be Yourself, Cochise (just awful)
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Stone changed a lot of what was written for him. I could read the teleprompter from where I was sitting. Like the part where he mentioned Andy Wood passing, the prompter said overdosed (totally inappropriate). There were a few other changes like him skipping over a bit about playing the gig in such a historical venue. He definitely didn’t write it.