Do you wear/use your merch or keep it “mint”?

2»

Comments

• InMyInnerSenseInMyInnerSense Posts: 57
    edited January 2019
    I wear, frame, or share everything :)

My 72 year old father has about the same number of shirts I do at this point, and makes them look 10x cooler than I ever could... especially the hats!

Post edited by InMyInnerSense on
  • I wear, frame, or share everything :)

My 72 year old father has about the same number of shirts I do at this point, and makes them look 10x cooler than I ever could... especially the hats!

Fuckin cool dad. Way cooler than my idiot father.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -

Bonus points for the dog catching a sniff.
  • andrew68andrew68 Toronto Posts: 1,789
    both....depends on the item

Any new realizations... would have to wait...
    Til he had more time,... more time...
    Time to dream,... to himself... he waves goodbye,
    To himself... I'll see you on the other side...
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited January 2019
    NH168418 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    The one zippo I use flaked off horribly too. And I rarely ever use it, I only smoke cigars or pipe, and only about once a week, and usually use matches.  I'll fill it up about once a year and use it until it runs out. The printing process they used must have been horrible. I have 1 other zippo that is new, but only for the same reason as you, have no reason to use more than 1.
    Which of the Zippos tend to hold up the best, anyone know? Or are they all fairly "delicate"?
    The one that flaked off for me was the chrome Evel Knievel one. And it happened fast, and for no reason. I didn't even carry it around in a pocket or anything. @mace1229 , which one is yours that flaked? Same one?
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata

Bonus points for the dog catching a sniff.
    Such is her way.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    PJ_Soul said:
    NH168418 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    The one zippo I use flaked off horribly too. And I rarely ever use it, I only smoke cigars or pipe, and only about once a week, and usually use matches.  I'll fill it up about once a year and use it until it runs out. The printing process they used must have been horrible. I have 1 other zippo that is new, but only for the same reason as you, have no reason to use more than 1.
    Which of the Zippos tend to hold up the best, anyone know? Or are they all fairly "delicate"?
    The one that flaked off for me was the chrome Evel Knievel one. And it happened fast, and for no reason. I didn't even carry it around in a pocket or anything. @mace1229 , which one is yours that flaked? Same one?
    I think it was the one with the Edd silhouette from ITW. I don't follow the zippo craze, I think I just bought it on his solo tour in 2008.
    Same as you, I didn't carry it around other than the few times I used it and it flaked off bad and fast.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    NH168418 said:
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I think it was the one with the Edd silhouette from ITW. I don't follow the zippo craze, I think I just bought it on his solo tour in 2008.
    Same as you, I didn't carry it around other than the few times I used it and it flaked off bad and fast.
    That is brutal. I was hoping it was at least only one of them that had the problem. :disappointed:
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    the Letterman jacket is the nicest, warmest, and well made piece of band merch ever
  • I recently bought a new 2014 Lightning Bolt Lifetime Collective Lumber Jacket. I haven’t worn it yet but it seems really well made.
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    Wipe ass with shirts, blow nose on posters and scratch vinyl 
  • the Letterman jacket is the nicest, warmest, and well made piece of band merch ever
    +1 on this!  Stands as my favorite besides the GCF hats of greatest piece of wearable PJ attire made.
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    the Letterman jacket is the nicest, warmest, and well made piece of band merch ever
    +1 on this!  Stands as my favorite besides the GCF hats of greatest piece of wearable PJ attire made.
    I wear mine as a winter coat and I live in NE Ohio. 
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
    someone please send a picture of the letterman jacket! I havent seen one.
  • mace1229 said:
    Image result for pearl jam letterman jacket
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Its a hoodie.  I really shouldnt have said jacket
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    mace1229 said:
    Night and day compared to this year’s crap hoodie. 
  • bbiggs said:
    mace1229 said:
    We've discussed this in another thread but that is exactly why I passed over the hoodies this tour.  They were the same price and half the quality of the Letterman.
    bbiggs said:
    mace1229 said:
    We've discussed this in another thread but that is exactly why I passed over the hoodies this tour.  They were the same price and half the quality of the Letterman.
    On that note, I guess I’m ISO Letterman lol 
    Its a hoodie.  I really shouldnt have said jacket
    okay, I was picturing the leather arms and all!
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    For those of you who put stickers on your car, do they hold up, and for how long? I was thinking of putting one on the back window, but didn't want to do it and have it fall apart by fall. 
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    hihobibo said:
    For those of you who put stickers on your car, do they hold up, and for how long? I was thinking of putting one on the back window, but didn't want to do it and have it fall apart by fall. 
    Some do, some don't.

And yeah, I wear my shirts, spin my records, hang the posters & put the stickers on my car/beer fridge.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    I've worn or wear everything I own and frame most posters (some pending frame job).  I was just thinking about what I want to do with all of my stickers.  I'm either going to put them on my beer fridge or on one of my guitar cases.  Haven't decided yet, but they're getting put to use real soon.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Some yes, some no. That Target Backspacer shirt and my 94’ Freak puppet shirt are the one’s I wear the most. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Posters are all framed except for the most recent Sperry I bought last year. Waiting for Michael’s to re-open! Will wait as long as it takes! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167
    Some yes, some no. That Target Backspacer shirt and my 94’ Freak puppet shirt are the one’s I wear the most. 
    Freak mannequin on the front, toaster on the back. Ahhh Junior High all over again. I wore that one out.
  • LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Posters on the wall or stored flat. I like to rotate posters to hang in my cheap frame. Most stickers are unstuck. Records are played. Shirts are worn till they fall apart. I dont typically buy shirts at shows. I prefer to blow any money I have on posters stickers or little collectable stuff. I dig most of those Halloween shirts.