What music gear/items did Santa bring you?

Hope everyone is having a happy and safe holiday season. What did you reward yourself/unexpected music related items Santa bring? Instruments, vinyl, posters, pedals, audio equipment? Feel free to post pics.

Comments

• CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    BIL wanted a reverb pedal and I found one of these used/cheap for him.  I think he was pretty happy about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRQ9U1abhd8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNwqMPP8eMQ
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • I started acquiring pedals for a new pedalboard back in Sept/Oct. I just hit the halfway goal with todays haul. It freaks me out a little bit that I've come close to spending on 8 pedals what it would cost for two nice guitars.

Todays Haul:
    TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
    Earthquaker Devices Hoof Reaper Fuzz/Octave
    Strymon BlueSky Reverb

Pre Christmas Haul:
    TC Electronic Ditto Stereo Looper
    Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar
    Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery Envelope Filter V2
    Earthquaker Devices Interstellar Orbiter
    Earthquaker Devices Data Corrupter

• GC31608GC31608 GA Posts: 227
    CM189191 said:
    BIL wanted a reverb pedal and I found one of these used/cheap for him.  I think he was pretty happy about it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRQ9U1abhd8
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNwqMPP8eMQ
    Very nice and thoughtful. Can’t go wrong by getting them what they actually want.
    I started acquiring pedals for a new pedalboard back in Sept/Oct. I just hit the halfway goal with todays haul. It freaks me out a little bit that I've come close to spending on 8 pedals what it would cost for two nice guitars.

Todays Haul:
    TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
    Earthquaker Devices Hoof Reaper Fuzz/Octave
    Strymon BlueSky Reverb

Pre Christmas Haul:
    TC Electronic Ditto Stereo Looper
    Electro-Harmonix Ravish Sitar
    Earthquaker Devices Spatial Delivery Envelope Filter V2
    Earthquaker Devices Interstellar Orbiter
    Earthquaker Devices Data Corrupter

Just like with vinyl, guitars, posters, etc., pedal disease is quite real. Regardless, that is a very nice collection. And it’s only half? What else are you looking for to complete it?
  • GC31608 said:

Just like with vinyl, guitars, posters, etc., pedal disease is quite real. Regardless, that is a very nice collection. And it’s only half? What else are you looking for to complete it?
    I'm half way there in terms of cost I figure. I still need:
    Strymon Lex Rotary
     Wah
    Whammy
    Tuner/Buffer
    Another Reverb
    2 Exp pedals
    Voodoo Lab Mondo
    Voodoo Lab ISO 5
    Novo 32 pedalboard
    all the cables to hook it all up!

It really adds up! 
  • GC31608 said:

Strymon Lex Rotary
     Wah
    Whammy
    Tuner/Buffer
    Another Reverb
    2 Exp pedals
    Voodoo Lab Mondo
    Voodoo Lab ISO 5
    Novo 32 pedalboard

It really adds up! 
    Just some advice, I’d definitely slow down on gathering everything you think you need.  Pick up a new one and really get to know it, then when you feel like you need another one then get it.  I’ve just seen too many friends that’s that just went out and bought a bunch of gear at once and then are lost and think something else is the answer.  Take your time.  I’ve got a crap ton of pedals that I’ve acquired over the years.  The tuner has been the only steady.  Once you get the tone you think you’ve dreamed of, you’ll want another flavor.  Just happens.  Sorry for the long post.
    GC31608 said:

Strymon Lex Rotary
     Wah
    Whammy
    Tuner/Buffer
    Another Reverb
    2 Exp pedals
    Voodoo Lab Mondo
    Voodoo Lab ISO 5
    Novo 32 pedalboard

It really adds up! 
    Just some advice, I’d definitely slow down on gathering everything you think you need.  Pick up a new one and really get to know it, then when you feel like you need another one then get it.  I’ve just seen too many friends that’s that just went out and bought a bunch of gear at once and then are lost and think something else is the answer.  Take your time.  I’ve got a crap ton of pedals that I’ve acquired over the years.  The tuner has been the only steady.  Once you get the tone you think you’ve dreamed of, you’ll want another flavor.  Just happens.  Sorry for the long post.
    Great advice, this makes sense.  You are looking at an almost infinite amount of tones you can achieve and explore with all the different settings and level adjustment combinations once you have 3-5 pedals.