Do you wear/use your merch or keep it “mint”?

Not sure if I can post this question here, but I was just curious what you all do with your Pearl Jam merch. Clothes, hats, bags, etc. 
Do you use it and enjoy it or keep it “mint” in bags, with tags, etc. 
I know everyone is different, what do you do and why?
«1

Comments

  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 4,055
    I use and wear my stuff. Except stickers and pins I have those in a book
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

    this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • NH168418NH168418 Posts: 64
    I use and wear my stuff. Except stickers and pins I have those in a book
    Cool, I kind of feel the same way. I don’t use my stickers, but other stuff I wear and use.
  • LN241653LN241653 Cambridge Posts: 88
    I use all of my stuff, posters on the wall, stickers are stuck, socks/t shirts are worn.
    Buy to use is what I say.
  • I hang the posters and wear the t-shirts (though I don't buy many t-shirts...) Stickers, buttons stay mint. As do EV lighters...easy to do since I don't smoke...
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18.

    EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TXPosts: 4,520
    I use the falla sheep and the dog collar, the rest just sits around.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,GreecePosts: 12,346
    I use everything!!!..clothes and items..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 4,867
    I know people who dont wear the merch but who also freak out for a certain size.  Doesnt make sense to me
  • gatorjamgatorjam Posts: 121
    My wife out no where told me to get more posters so we can hang them up.  I was like awesome.  So now I am searching for posters from shows I didn't buy.  lol
    2003-Tampa
    2006-East Rutherford
    2008-West Palm Beach
    2009- Philadelphia
    2016- FORT LAUDERDALE AND MIAMI I HOPE!!!!!
  • a5pja5pj Hershey PAPosts: 3,218
    I've downgraded the past few years and now only have things I use or art that's on the wall (or will eventually get on the wall) and vinyl I spin. Picks and ticket stubs I'm keeping. Other than that just have a few items sitting around that aren't worth trading that I like. (Falla sheep (still need the all black!!), bouncy ball, wrist bands etc)
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?
    38 shows and counting...,
    http://www.expressobeans.com/public/member.php?id=6386
    share.solarcity.com/adamjohnmason - GO SOLAR!!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, ColoradoPosts: 6,174
    Wear/use
    Though my long sleeve thermal from 1994 tour has not been worn in a very long time. 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer MarylandPosts: 13,925
    Wear all my shirts, posters are on the wall, stickers are kept in an envelope, all vinyl & CDs are opened & listened to.
  • on2legson2legs The Jersey ShorePosts: 7,744
    I will wear my stickers but only if it’s a show I’ve attended.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2
    1998: East Rutherford, MSG 1 & 2
    2000: Cincinnati, Columbus, Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3, Boston 1, Camden 1 & 2
    2003: Philadelphia, Uniondale, MSG 1 & 2, Holmdel
    2005: Atlantic City 1
    2006: Camden 1, East Rutherford 1 & 2
    2008: Camden 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Newark(EV)
    2009: Philadelphia 1, 2, & 4
    2010: Newark, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Toronto 1
    2013: Wrigley Field, Brooklyn 2, Philadelphia 1 & 2, Baltimore
    2015: Central Park
    2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2, MSG 1 & 2, Fenway Park 2, MSG(TOTD)
    2017: Brooklyn(RnRHOF)
  • Wear all my shirts, posters are on the wall, stickers are kept in an envelope, all vinyl & CDs are opened & listened to.
    Same except my stickers are on various things - my riding lawn mower, iPad case, bumper of my car, etc
    www.cluthelee.com
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,059
    I use the falla sheep and the dog collar, the rest just sits around.
    :lol:
  • ZodZod Posts: 6,052
    I wear my shirts.  I'm fairly picky about my concert shirts (PJ or otherwise).  I only buy them if I think it's not hideous and I'd actually wear it.   Posters (PJ and otherwise) get framed (except the ugly ones).  Music get's listened too. 
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,041
    Wear it. Turn my stickers into magnets (Michael’s)
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast OhioPosts: 7,899
    If I won't hang a poster on the wall, I won't buy it.

    If I won't wear a shirt, I don't get it.

    If I won't spin vinyl and feel the need to suffocate it in cellophane wrap, it doesn't come into the house.  

    Stickers on the car, on the poster tube or on my kid's laptop.  A few spares in a box for replacement of said stickers when they wear out.  

    Nothing mint here.  
    2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • NH168418NH168418 Posts: 64
    Cool to see everyone’s opinions, seems like most like to use and wear stuff, very nice!
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New JerseyPosts: 18,408
    I wear all T-shirt’s, spin all vinyl and frame all posters.  I even play guitar with some of the pics I have gotten. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 11,337
    I was a collector from the beginning without even knowing it.  As a 15 year old I bought the sealed vinyl and displayed on my shelf.  I figured when i got a record player I would play them but never got the record player.  Bought spare shirts to wear when the old ones faded and then eventually had too many shirts to even wear them all.  Bought the stickers to eventually display but haven’t got around to it.  
  • FactoryMan93FactoryMan93 Posts: 427
    edited January 8
    mcgruff10 said:
    I wear all T-shirt’s, spin all vinyl and frame all posters.  I even play guitar with some of the pics I have gotten. 
    That's cool. I would use the picks as well
    Post edited by FactoryMan93 on
  • MedozKMedozK TennesseePosts: 7,059
    All my crap collects dust.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 17,450
    I wear a bunch of shirts but have a bunch tucked away.  I love the Halloween shirts!!!  Same w socks and hats.

    There is also a museum of PJ stuff that I have.  
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,406
    I use everything. If it's special I wear it less often and when I know I won't be getting too dirty. I use my PJ20 backpack when I travel but am careful with it. I was mad when my wife took it to the beach without me knowing and brought it back all sandy though.
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BCPosts: 46,342
    edited January 8
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 3,406
    PJ_Soul said:
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    The one zippo I use flaked off horribly too. And I rarely ever use it, I only smoke cigars or pipe, and only about once a week, and usually use matches.  I'll fill it up about once a year and use it until it runs out. The printing process they used must have been horrible. I have 1 other zippo that is new, but only for the same reason as you, have no reason to use more than 1.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 17,450
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    The one zippo I use flaked off horribly too. And I rarely ever use it, I only smoke cigars or pipe, and only about once a week, and usually use matches.  I'll fill it up about once a year and use it until it runs out. The printing process they used must have been horrible. I have 1 other zippo that is new, but only for the same reason as you, have no reason to use more than 1.
    It's a common thing amongst the merch.
  • Shumway35Shumway35 Posts: 153
    I Wear all the shirts 
    spin all the vinyl (I still have some vaults sealed as I have not had a chance to play them )
    posters are framed and hung - 18 in my house , 2 in my office 
  • NH168418NH168418 Posts: 64
    mace1229 said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I spin all my vinyl (except a red LB that I have, because I have a black one to spin... not that I spin that album anymore either way, har har har). I have framed one poster out of the maybe 6 that I own. The rest are just in a portfolio doing nothing. But that is just because I can't afford the framing (yet). I have 4 or 5 of the EV zippos, and used only one simply because I don't need to use more than one. And I recently stopped smoking (in favour of vaping), so don't even use that anymore (not that it matters - the fucking logo flaked off horribly). I really have no clue why I ever kept buying the zippos, nor why I am holding on to them now. There is a mysterious appeal there, but I can't explain it... Maybe one of these days I'll be able to bring myself to sell the collection - I can't figure out why I haven't already, given that I've abandoned all hope of actually completing the collection. It just sits there mocking me in its incompleteness, lol. I have some other random merch too that I just keep in a drawer, but that's just the lame stuff, like the 10C sticker sheets and crap like that.
    The one zippo I use flaked off horribly too. And I rarely ever use it, I only smoke cigars or pipe, and only about once a week, and usually use matches.  I'll fill it up about once a year and use it until it runs out. The printing process they used must have been horrible. I have 1 other zippo that is new, but only for the same reason as you, have no reason to use more than 1.
    Which of the Zippos tend to hold up the best, anyone know? Or are they all fairly "delicate"?
  • gvn2fly12gvn2fly12 Posts: 773
    I wear about half my shirts, frame posters that are approved 16 so far. Have not used cups 
    use one safe travels original key chain have a mint one on the shelf unused.  

    I have a complete set of zippos and two doubles I use.  The first white ev has stood up to almost 10 years use the silver ev not so much.
    Arms wide open with the sea as my floor.
«1
Sign In or Register to comment.