Options

Am I the only one....

jonbond1779jonbond1779 London, UK Posts: 1,537
Who is probably not going to cancel my membership over the annual single announcement and super excited to get higher up the membership rankings???  
"Bring it back, to the clean form. To the pure form"

28/09/04 - Boston, 20/04/06 - London [\\mm//Astoria\\mm//] - 18/06/07 - Wembley Arena, 11/08/09 -  London [\\mm//Shepherds Bush Empire\\mm//],18/08/09 - 02 Arena, 25/06/10 - Hyde Park, 26/06/12 - Amsterdam, 27/06/12 - Amsterdam, 08/07/14 - Leeds,11/07/14 - Milton Keynes, 13/06/18 - Amsterdam, 18/06/18 - London 02 Arena, 17/07/18 - London 02 Arena, 08/08/22 - Hyde Park, 9/08/22 - Hyde Park - 25/08/22 - Amsterdam, 29/07/24 - London {*Tottenham Stadium TBC*}

Comments

• Options
    VINNY GOOMBAVINNY GOOMBA Posts: 1,802
    I think most people are just going to switch to Digital.  That's what I did.
  • Options
    CW55354CW55354 Posts: 200
    Who is probably not going to cancel my membership over the annual single announcement and super excited to get higher up the membership rankings???  
    I’m with you. Purge the rolls! 198xxx is the new 85xxx!

I will miss the single, don’t get me wrong. But better odds at 10club tickets and better seating will help make up for it. So long as they tour soon. 

• Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,427
    I’m on board! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,919
    Digital over Analog has long been the way to go.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    CW55354 said:

I will miss the single, don’t get me wrong. But better odds at 10club tickets and better seating will help make up for it. So long as they tour soon. 

I joined in 1998 after Yield was released, I don't know why it took me so long, maybe because I thought ir was only for US resident, didn't trust the mail, who knows, then the counterfeit económica collapsed Andrés didn't renew ir, I usted to be 177188...

I renewed my analog status for 2018 some  days ago,  but before the announcement, funny that my membership will be mostly for 2019, I'm defenitely renewing Ana Isabel have plenty of time to decide if ir Will be analog or not
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...

• Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,148
    edited January 2019
    Just fingers crossed they don’t drop seniority or membership numbers.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    faithful2youfaithful2you Madison, WI Posts: 778
    Nobody is going anywhere.   People complain about stupid shit all the time but keep paying that fee every year  =)
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • Options
    JojoRiceJojoRice Kennesaw, GA Posts: 3,931
    No way I'm cancelling mine!  I let mine lapse during my college years but won't make that mistake again.  Now bring on a tour!
    "I got memories, I got shit"

ISO 2016 Greenville shirt. Size medium. PM me if you have one for sale/trade.
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Mine just was renewed in December

I will probably go with digital when its time to re-up, barring any sort of new offering or structure.
  • Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,846
    JimmyV said:
    Yep I did this years ago when it was first made a choice!
    severed hand thirteen
    2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR A SINGLE TICKET TO MSG NIGHT 2

• Options
    JimmyV said:
    Yep I did this years ago when it was first made a choice!
    Don't you miss pouring yourself some Barolo, leaning back in your chair and read the latest DEEP?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    But does seniority even really matter any more? Granted, I haven't gotten jack out of my membership in years other than the singles since PJ hardly plays in California, but I seem to recall the last time they did back in '13 all members are basically equal in the ticket lottery for GA...I got one show I asked for, not another...my number is pretty low (since '95), but does that even really matter anymore the way they seem to do things now?
  • Options
    DeadmanDeadman Posts: 784
    But does seniority even really matter any more? Granted, I haven't gotten jack out of my membership in years other than the singles since PJ hardly plays in California, but I seem to recall the last time they did back in '13 all members are basically equal in the ticket lottery for GA...I got one show I asked for, not another...my number is pretty low (since '95), but does that even really matter anymore the way they seem to do things now?

Seniority can provide outstanding seats for those that could really care less about being in the pit.
  • Options
    It matters for Eddies solo shows. 

I got pretty bad seats for his Berlin show, and I guess that had to do with seniority and not bad luck...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,539
    edited January 2019
    It matters when you win reserved seats in the lottery. If you only want GA, then no, it doesn't matter, same as always with GA.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    Reserved seats are still distributed by seniority.  (They're also easier to score in the lottery than GA, but shhh! Don't give away my secret!)
  • Options
    MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,611
    Reserved seats are still distributed by seniority.  (They're also easier to score in the lottery than GA, but shhh! Don't give away my secret!)
    My issue with this system is, it really fucks people in the 'mid range' seniority numbers.

Many people with good numbers go for reserved, while people with high numbers, as well as all the duplicate accounts go directly for GA. 

Being in the 305,000-range.... I went from being in a good spot in the wings of the seated area, where I can see, to reserved in the back of the floor where I cant see a thing.  I dislike the dog-eat-dog nature of GA, and saw some nasty shit at Chicago 2 this year that turned me off of it forever.
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    MayDay10 said:
    My issue with this system is, it really fucks people in the 'mid range' seniority numbers.

Many people with good numbers go for reserved, while people with high numbers, as well as all the duplicate accounts go directly for GA. 

Being in the 305,000-range.... I went from being in a good spot in the wings of the seated area, where I can see, to reserved in the back of the floor where I cant see a thing.  I dislike the dog-eat-dog nature of GA, and saw some nasty shit at Chicago 2 this year that turned me off of it forever.
    Yeah, I wish they'd go back to all reserved.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    They will never go back to all reserved as a habit. They make way more money with a pit. Plus GA creates far more tickets that are available to 10C members, so I never really understood why anyone would want them to abandon GA in any case, given how hard it can be to win a lottery with GA. I can't imagine how difficult it would be without it.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    BCBABCBA Utah with the mailman Posts: 220
    because people arent going to create/enter with several accounts in the 600xxx range to enter a seated lottery.  They would just use their 'best' account.

There are probably 2-3 times as many entries now as there is with a conventional reserved show.
  • Options
    edited January 2019
    BCBA said:
    because people arent going to create/enter with several accounts in the 600xxx range to enter a seated lottery.  They would just use their 'best' account.

There are probably 2-3 times as many entries now as there is with a conventional reserved show.
    I don't believe that at all. There are very few people who do that with multiple accounts. If you have some numbers to show me on this, maybe you can change my mind, but until then, I'll just view this perspective as kind of a hysterical conspiracy theory.
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,008
    Just fingers crossed they don’t drop seniority or membership numbers.
    I don't see that ever happening. The only reason to not let your membership lapse is for seniority. If they did away with that, how many people would just skip a year when they know they won't be traveling to any shows.  They'd lose too much money if they did away with seniority.
  • Options
    CW55354 said:

This would be great if they don't ever play festivals and not have GA but i don't see either of that changing anytime soon...
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,868
    Im going to guess if you have been around since the 90s, you are not quitting over the single that is always late.  I think most have membership for one thing,  tickets.
  • Options
    javis el errantejavis el errante Buenos Aires Posts: 6,136
    BCBA said:

Exactly, they don't create accounts for seats, they do it to buy límited edition, members only, one per member, not for resale stuff
    ... I am not in the business of being liked anymore ...