Options

Yeah In my Dreams😉

rhanishanerhanishane NSW Australia Posts: 505
Nearing my 40th birthday i kind of panicked that i was getting old ...

Hearing "Even Flow" in a friends car one day I started having flash backs and found myself watching everything i could find on Pearl Jam that i had missed over the last 20 years..
Thank you YouTube!
Been my favorite band since i was 14.  

Unfortunately in my late 20's i went totally deaf and couldn't listen to music for a long time as it was just irritating noise to me.
Finally i get a cochlear implant and i have almost all my hearing in one ear now.
It took a while adjusting to be able to listen to music again..
Please don't ever take your hearing for granted!

With all this Pearl Jam excitement flooding back i realised how much i had missed them.

So I had this dream my sister and I had just been to a Pearl Jam concert and afterwards we were sitting on the veranda (porch) when Eddie walks past!
I sat there a second and thought shit am i really seeing this?
I had to meet him,
so i got up and suddenly felt like an idiot cause i wanted to seem cool and not all ecstatic and star struck...
as i approached him I instantly turned into a lame arse bumbling bimbo telling him how great i thought he was bla bla bla.
I had to tell myself to "calm the fuck down"

Then i took his hand, looked him in the eye and said to him...

"Don't lose your inner child"!

Then I woke up....

and I realised that message was for me..
not to lose my inner child!

Your music speaks... it's a gift 🎶
I have been listening to them everyday since... 
also Chris Cornell, Temple of the Dog and Mother Love Bone who I didnt really know that much about before.
I've just been given a beautiful little electric acoustic guitar that I'm going to learn to play on and am just a tad excited!
Thanks Eddie and Pearl Jam you're the best😉 
I miss the 90's
Much Love from Australia✌

Post edited by rhanishane on

Comments

• Options
    E.KE.K New South Wales, Australia Posts: 7,698
    Great post @rhanishane :D 
  • Options
    ConorKavanaghConorKavanagh Ireland Posts: 1,148
    I love this story and it reminds me to never take anything for granted in life. So glad that that you are able to listen to your favourite band @rhanishane.
    Dublin 2006
    Dublin 2010
    Madrid 2018
    Werchter 2022
    London 1 2022
    London 2 2022
    Krakow 2022
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    Very nice dream! :plus_one:

Here's a similar dream of mine: Last night, I dreamt of being present in an intimate Pearl Jam concert which took place in a university amphitheater. First of all, Ed (hairstyle 2003) started singing Amongst The Waves on the left side of the amphitheater while the other members of the band were on the stand. I was right next to him while he was singing and suddenly I interrupted his singing and asked him if he could give me some memorabilia after the show. He said "yes" but in an angry manner. I totally understand him. I was ashamed and kept standing next to him -the entire concert-, looking at the small crowd with a big smile and typing at my mobile phone the setlist. Now that I'm thinking of it again, I must have acted like an idiot. Nevertheless, Eddie didn't feel embarrassed at all. As much as I can remember the setlist must have been the following: 1) Amongst The Waves, 2) In My Tree, 3) State Of Love And Trust, 4) Indifference (unplugged) and 5) Indifference (electric). In the end, Eddie gave me the warmest hug while the rest of the band - especially McCready (in the middle) and Gossard at the right - kept giving big smiles at the crowd while being in order hugging one another. Then Eddie told me to wait outside the front door and that the only things that he could give away were two LPs and one CD. In addition, he said that there was also a girl who was waiting for memorabilia. Immediately after I reached the front door, a lady waiting hidden behind the door, outstretched her hands and told me to choose between one LP and one CD. However, instead of the one CD that I chose, I found myself keeping a paper which entitled me to take a bunch of memorabilia. That very moment, Eddie (hairstyle 2006) came to me out of the blue (I and the band were still in the university) and having said to me that this paper is just bullshit, he torn it down and threw it at the garbage. He told me to follow him. While we were walking hastily at the university's corridors, we run into the aforementioned girl and Ed (hairstyle 2006) did the same at her paper too.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    My dream was short but the message stuck! I will be forever grateful to be able to listen to them and everything else for that matter. I can hear the rain on the roof right now and the birds singing... its a beautiful thing to understand how lucky I am. 
  • Options
    Pap said:
    Very nice dream! :plus_one:

Here's a similar dream of mine: Last night, I dreamt of being present in an intimate Pearl Jam concert which took place in a university amphitheater. First of all, Ed (hairstyle 2003) started singing Amongst The Waves on the left side of the amphitheater while the other members of the band were on the stand. I was right next to him while he was singing and suddenly I interrupted his singing and asked him if he could give me some memorabilia after the show. He said "yes" but in an angry manner. I totally understand him. I was ashamed and kept standing next to him -the entire concert-, looking at the small crowd with a big smile and typing at my mobile phone the setlist. Now that I'm thinking of it again, I must have acted like an idiot. Nevertheless, Eddie didn't feel embarrassed at all. As much as I can remember the setlist must have been the following: 1) Amongst The Waves, 2) In My Tree, 3) State Of Love And Trust, 4) Indifference (unplugged) and 5) Indifference (electric). In the end, Eddie gave me the warmest hug while the rest of the band - especially McCready (in the middle) and Gossard at the right - kept giving big smiles at the crowd while being in order hugging one another. Then Eddie told me to wait outside the front door and that the only things that he could give away were two LPs and one CD. In addition, he said that there was also a girl who was waiting for memorabilia. Immediately after I reached the front door, a lady waiting hidden behind the door, outstretched her hands and told me to choose between one LP and one CD. However, instead of the one CD that I chose, I found myself keeping a paper which entitled me to take a bunch of memorabilia. That very moment, Eddie (hairstyle 2006) came to me out of the blue (I and the band were still in the university) and having said to me that this paper is just bullshit, he torn it down and threw it at the garbage. He told me to follow him. While we were walking hastily at the university's corridors, we run into the aforementioned girl and Ed (hairstyle 2006) did the same at her paper too.
    I love that dream he's like a modern day jesus haha
  • Options
    PapPap Aspra Spitia, Greece Posts: 28,213
    edited January 2019
    You could always follow this thread too: Pearl Jam dreams.
    Athens 2006 / Milton Keynes 2014 / London 1&2 2022 / Seattle 1 2024 / Dublin 2024 / Manchester 2024 / London 2024
  • Options
    Pap said:
    You could always follow this thread too: Pearl Jam dreams.
    thanks... funny read some of these other dreams😂
  • Options
    HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,418
    I don't visit this part of the forum much, so I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.  First, glad you were able to get the implant and are able to hear again.  I've had tinnitus in my right ear for 15 years or so now and it drove me nuts at first. I've gotten used to it and am able to ignore it most of the time but it can still be annoying, especially when the setting is quiet. Hearing is certainly nothing to take for granted, so I appreciate the message there.  I like the message in the dream, too.  Always try to enjoy the things that bring you happiness!
  • Options
    I don't visit this part of the forum much, so I'm just seeing this thread for the first time.  First, glad you were able to get the implant and are able to hear again.  I've had tinnitus in my right ear for 15 years or so now and it drove me nuts at first. I've gotten used to it and am able to ignore it most of the time but it can still be annoying, especially when the setting is quiet. Hearing is certainly nothing to take for granted, so I appreciate the message there.  I like the message in the dream, too.  Always try to enjoy the things that bring you happiness!
    I have tinnitus also. The deafer i went the louder it became until it was unbearable.  It drove me nuts as well. I still have it but the implant counteracts the noise. when i take the implant off to sleep its always just white  noise i hear never silence even though i am completely deaf. It makes it hard for me to determine high or low pitch because the tinnitus distorts what i hear. I manage pretty well and i dont have a speech impediment because I went deaf in my late 20's. I wonder how well i would hear at a live concert as the big speakers distort the sound if theres too much bass. I have to be away from the speakers and i also panic if someone bumps me and the sound processor falls off. Any other deaf people on this thread??