Options

Anyone interested in a weight loss challenge with PJ gift card prizes?

jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
Sorry if this is not the right board, if not please point me in the right direction :-)
Just wanting to see if anyone would be interested in starting a weight loss challenge with prizes.  I was thinking, depending upon how many people sign up, like a $10 buy in and 1st, 2nd 3rd place prizes (pearl jam gift cards).  I would create a Facebook group and every week you would weigh in and we can keep track of our progress there, motivate each other, positive encouragement, etc.  I was thinking of doing an 8 week challenge starting next week.  
Just putting my feelers out to see who's interested.  If you are, post here and I will try and get something going!
IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
*** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
2020 - Ohana Fest
2021 - Ohana Fest
2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel

Comments

• Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    Good luck!   Each Jan-Mar I do a low calorie, no exercise diet.  Can’t be healthy.  I then gain 20 pounds the rest of the year and repeat.  One more nice meal tonight and then it is cereal, 400 calorie frozen lunch and 500 calorie frozen dinner for the next 2-3 months.
  • Options
    Good luck!   Each Jan-Mar I do a low calorie, no exercise diet.  Can’t be healthy.  I then gain 20 pounds the rest of the year and repeat.  One more nice meal tonight and then it is cereal, 400 calorie frozen lunch and 500 calorie frozen dinner for the next 2-3 months.
    I exercise regularly but from oct-Jan eat like crap!  WW always works for me so i plan on doing that again...and then probably gain it all back again in November lol

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • Options
    Yes, I need to take off the holiday pounds! Maybe this’ll motivate me.
  • Options
    RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,140
    Damn I wish you posted this a month ago! Unfortunately I’m on a diet already.  Fajita burritos, steak and cheese subs, Italian subs, ranch shakes and hot roast beef sandwiches. That’s all I eat anymore, I’m up to two of each a day now, and it’s been working great!  

Pm me for nutrition facts.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Options
    Damn I wish you posted this a month ago! Unfortunately I’m on a diet already.  Fajita burritos, steak and cheese subs, Italian subs, ranch shakes and hot roast beef sandwiches. That’s all I eat anymore, I’m up to two of each a day now, and it’s been working great!  

Pm me for nutrition facts.
    You can still join if u still plan on losing!  Props for starting during the holidays!  I had sees candy and all kinds of crap given to me and at my work pretty much daily.  I have such a sweet tooth and had no will power lol...i actually just ate one.  It officially starts for me after tomorrow 

2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

• Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    No offense, but that sounds torturous man! There’s a lot to eat that isn’t frozen and tastes loads better in that caloric zone you’re shooting for. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,532
    No offense, but that sounds torturous man! There’s a lot to eat that isn’t frozen and tastes loads better in that caloric zone you’re shooting for. 
    It helps I am working 70-80 hour weeks during Jan-Mar so that I am too busy/stressed to care about food.  The frozen meals are convenient.l when I don’t have a lot of time.  There are actually decent frozen meals now but I know there are healthier options.