Did I miss something in the "Important Change" announcement?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
edited January 2019 in The Porch
So we all know there's not more annual single etc. but did I miss something somewhere where it says anything about ditching the analog membership level all together or how membership is going to be tiered or not tiered now?  It would seem obvious that there will no longer be an Analog Membership but is would be  nice to know what's up. 
:smile:
“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• I'm almost positive they haven't really thought it fully out.

I'm almost positive as well that they 45 had become a serious pain and- already two behind- they cancelled quickly before 2019 to say they were done with them.
    "My brain's a good brain!"
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I'm almost positive they haven't really thought it fully out.

I'm almost positive as well that they 45 had become a serious pain and- already two behind- they cancelled quickly before 2019 to say they were done with them.
    That's cool. just would be helpful to know what's up.  May have to wait until next year to find out! :wink:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    brianlux said:
    I'm almost positive they haven't really thought it fully out.

That's cool. just would be helpful to know what's up.  May have to wait until next year to find out! :wink:
    Hopefully, although that's probably wishful thinking.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited January 2019
    The 2019 analog t shirt is in the shop so I dont think its getting fully dropped this year. Its not exactly a stunning bit of design but certainly an improvement on most years. The basketball logo t was probably the best.
    Post edited by FR181798 on
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    I got my Auto Renewal notice today. No new information included. It does note that the single has been discontinued. 
    BB162610 said:
    I got my Auto Renewal notice today. No new information included. It does note that the single has been discontinued. 
    Not being nosy so OK to say NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, but did you get auto-renewed at the Analog $40 rate anyway?

This is why I wish 10 C would more fully explain what's up with the new membership levels.  Is it all the same minus the single?  No one knows.

• BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    brianlux said:
    BB162610 said:
    Not being nosy so OK to say NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS, but did you get auto-renewed at the Analog $40 rate anyway?

This is why I wish 10 C would more fully explain what's up with the new membership levels.  Is it all the same minus the single?  No one knows.
    It renews the 14th. I am an Analog subscriber so I will let you know. 
    BB162610 said:
    brianlux said:
    BB162610 said:

It renews the 14th. I am an Analog subscriber so I will let you know. 
    Thanks, BB.  Mine's coming up in early March.  Will have to decide before then what I do.

• bazzerbazzer Posts: 3,084
    We'll certainly (?) have more information by then.

It would be pretty crappy to remove the single and keep the price the same (although that's not much different to increasing the price, and it happens all the time in other places). I think for the shirt i could justify the extra $30. I'm November so I'd have plenty of time to decide. But, not sure the digital is worth the $20 to start with (don't get to use the ticket advantage very often and even if I tried with lottery there's no guarantee), so probably analog wouldn't be worth $50 for me but I'd be quite sad to ditch it after all these years.

I hope there's something new in the pipeline...
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    We should have received this information today on what "Analog" means now without the single. Still even having it as an option without clarification for this year is just another example of poor business planning and communication.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2019
    Hasn't the 10 Club been closed for the holidays last two weeks? So all of these messages we get from them must be timed to go out on certain days. Like the happy New Year from all of us photo/newsletters,,,10c announcements ect.
    (maybe they should have had all 10 middle fingers in the air pointed at us in the new year photo) =)
    Post edited by RYME on
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    RYME said:
    Hasn't the 10 Club been closed for the holidays last two weeks? So all of these messages we get from them must be timed to go out on certain days. Like the happy New Year from all of us photo/newsletters,,,10c announcements ect.
    (maybe they should have had all 10 middle fingers in the air pointed at us in the new year photo) =)
    Well, the next newsletter better be full of clarifications on everything from why the hell we should even consider Analog to those missing annual singles and something about a "forthcoming" album. A lot to deliver on these days for an "active" band.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • brianlux said:
    BB162610 said:

My membership auto-renewed today and yes it was the same $40 rate

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    you get the member item and a bootleg download with Analog....you don't with Digital.  This is easy...it's all listed on this very site.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    This was totally expected. I assume if no other updates and nothing else changes with the memberships and you're not happy, you can contact them once they reopen and get a refund.
  • bazzer said:
    This was totally expected. I assume if no other updates and nothing else changes with the memberships and you're not happy, you can contact them once they reopen and get a refund.
    It's exactly what I expected, just figured I'd clear up anyone's questions/expectations 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    Maybe they will make the membership item way better now? That would be nice.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    PJ_Soul said:
    Nope.
    Bummer.
    Once again, glad I went digital.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    bazzer said:
    It's exactly what I expected, just figured I'd clear up anyone's questions/expectations 
    👍
  • RYMERYME Wisconsin Posts: 1,904
    edited January 2019
    PJ_Soul said:
    Membership item way better, what might that be? Lol
    A bottle of their favorite red wine shows up on your doorstep?  I would be all in favor of that.
    Ed comes to your house on your renewal date with his ukulele and serenades you for 10 minutes.  Ha ha No thanks.  But the possibilities are endless.  ;)
    tbergs said:
    We should have received this information today on what "Analog" means now without the single. Still even having it as an option without clarification for this year is just another example of poor business planning and communication.
    Exactly.  I find this disappointing.

brianlux said:
    BB162610 said:

My membership auto-renewed today and yes it was the same $40 rate

I hope it's worth the $40 for you.  For all of us who are analog!