Handbills/Flyers

Just recently got these and thought I'd share. I don't know if they are original or not, they are printed on thin paper that is white on the back. Anyone have something similar? 

Comments

• nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    Pretty great! Easy Street sold them to support the Home Shows @$20 each. Happened to grab 3 myself. Potentially those but if original also amazing!  

I also have original Circle Jerks (deranged Diction filled in)/Husker Du/Malfunkshun from ‘83,DOA/ green river in ‘84, and mlb at the vogue ‘88 flyers. Staple marks still in them, some of my favorites 
  • nuzzer1 said:
    Pretty great! Easy Street sold them to support the Home Shows @$20 each. Happened to grab 3 myself. Potentially those but if original also amazing!  

I also have original Circle Jerks (deranged Diction filled in)/Husker Du/Malfunkshun from ‘83,DOA/ green river in ‘84, and mlb at the vogue ‘88 flyers. Staple marks still in them, some of my favorites 
    That’s awesome! Very cool you have some originals!
    I don’t know if these are original or not, guy I bought them from lives on the east coast and he said he bought them in 2009 at a Seattle Sunday market day, Freemont Market days or something like that. 
    They are color on the front and white on the back.
  • sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,440
    As a collector who started in the 1980s, I would say if they are white on the back they are definitely modern digital copies. The real ones from back in the day were almost always xerox copies on colored (both sides) paper from the original paste-up artwork. And, of course, even those can be easily counterfeited on today's xerox machines. It's really "buyer beware" on this kind of stuff - all you can do is ask questions of the seller and go with your informed and gut instincts.
  • jacquelyncajacquelynca Yay Area CA Posts: 372
    Those are cool!  I really wanted to get when i was in Seattle but i had to narrow down everything i was spending my money on haha. Like someone said before, easy street was selling the xerox for $20 and donating all the money.  I took a pic of the checkout counter when i was there 
    IG and twitter - @jacquelynincali

1994 - Bridge School Benefit, Shoreline Mountain View CA
    *** 1995 - 2015 High School, College, Broke, Having Kids***
    2016 - Temple of the Dog, Bill Graham Civic Center Auditorium, San Francisco CA
    2017 - Eddie Vedder, Bourbon and Beyond, Louisville KY
    2018 - The Home Shows, Show 2, Seattle WA
    2019 - Eddie Vedder, Ohana Fest, Dana Point CA
    2020- Oakland Nights 1 and 2
    2020 - Ohana Fest
    2021 - Ohana Fest
    2022 - Oakland 1 and 2

"Watch out for music. It should come with a health warning. It can be dangerous. It can make you feel so alive, so connected to the people around you, and connected to what you really are inside. And it can make you think that the world should, and could, be a much better place. And just occasionally, it can make you very, very happy." -Peter Gabriel
  • shecky said:
    As a collector who started in the 1980s, I would say if they are white on the back they are definitely modern digital copies. The real ones from back in the day were almost always xerox copies on colored (both sides) paper from the original paste-up artwork. And, of course, even those can be easily counterfeited on today's xerox machines. It's really "buyer beware" on this kind of stuff - all you can do is ask questions of the seller and go with your informed and gut instincts.
    Thanks for the info, I didn't spend a lot on them, just bought them because I thought they were cool. They are in perfect condition with no holes in them so makes sense they probably aren't originals. I like 'em though!
  • bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 182
    edited December 2018
    The Easy Street ones are definitely copies. Andy gave me a ton of the colored ones a few years ago, not just PJ, and said they keep the white ones to make copying easier in the future. 

I'll post some pix of the ones I have when I get home Saturday

Post edited by bigjilm on
  • bigjilm said:
    The Easy Street ones are definitely copies. Andy gave me a ton of the colored ones a few years ago, not just PJ, and said they keep the white ones to make copying easier in the future. 

I'll post some pix of the ones I have when I get home Saturday

That'd be cool, I'd like to see them, thanks.
    Well, I said I got a ton of them but it's not as many as I remember. It is time to rotate them in the frames I have though.

• bigjilm said:
    Well, I said I got a ton of them but it's not as many as I remember. It is time to rotate them in the frames I have though.

Awesome, I really like the Mother Love Bone one!
    I like that one too. Andy is such a nice guy to just give them to me. After getting the PJ one in the frame from the Easy Street pop up at N1 of TotD, I went to Easy Street and asked Andy if they had anymore. We went through stacks of them and he gave me all the rest free o' charge. (I probably spend too much money there anyway.)
  • bigjilm said:
    I like that one too. Andy is such a nice guy to just give them to me. After getting the PJ one in the frame from the Easy Street pop up at N1 of TotD, I went to Easy Street and asked Andy if they had anymore. We went through stacks of them and he gave me all the rest free o' charge. (I probably spend too much money there anyway.)
    That's really awesome! Something about the old handbills just makes them really cool to me.
    Same here. And I like the ease of framing 11 X 17 posters. I use to snag them from the smaller shows I'd attend all the the time. Quick and easy framing. They may not be the elaborate artwork we see today, but still very cool IMO.
  • bigjilm said:
    Same here. And I like the ease of framing 11 X 17 posters. I use to snag them from the smaller shows I'd attend all the the time. Quick and easy framing. They may not be the elaborate artwork we see today, but still very cool IMO.
    Very true!
  • JB56195JB56195 Posts: 303
    bigjilm said:
    Lol, I totally misread this.  Guy above says he loves the MLB handbill.  Then you say Andy is such a nice guy and I immediately think you got a MLB handbill from Andrew Wood back in the day.  Talk about skimming a page and jumping to conclusions! :o

95-Milwaukee, 98-East Troy, 00-East Troy, 03-Detroit  Nights 1 and 2, 03-Toronto, 04-Grand Rapids, 05-Kitchener, 06-Cincinnati, 06-Auburn Hills, 10-New Orleans, 10-Kansas City, 11-PJ20 Nights 1 and 2, 13-Chicago, 14- Moline, 16-Chicago Nights 1 and 2, 18-Seattle Nights 1 and 2, Chicago Night 1, 21-Ohana Encore Night 1 and 2, 22-Imola, St. Louis.

Haha, oops! I'm sure Andy Wood was a nice guy too.  ;)