Nugs sucks - Petition for new bootleg provider

Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
edited December 2018 in The Porch
2 years in a row, I have ordered PJ boots for Christmas, 2 years in a row, no boots at Christmas. Last year I purchased on Dec 7th and didn’t arrive til Mid Jan. This year I bought them during the Black Friday sale, and still nothing. Guys, you are just burning audio files to CDs and printing off labels, and mailing them, it’s not that hard that I can’t get my purchase in a month. What’s the point in Pearl Jam doing a Black Friday sale on boots if they won’t arrive in time for Christmas??
Shows Attended
2008 - Bonnaroo
2009 - Chicago 1
2010 - St Louis, Columbus, Indianapolis, Washington D.C
2011 - Pearl Jam Twenty Festival
2012 - Music Midtown Festival
2013 - Wrigley, Dallas, Oklahoma City
2014 - St. Louis, Memphis
2016- Greenville, Lexington, Bonnaroo, Wrigley 1
Post edited by Satans Red Mosquito on

Comments

• The App is a little buggy too. Gotta get the 2006 shows on there. Please!
  • peterwhughespeterwhughes NH Posts: 153
    Ordered mine on Black Friday. Came yesterday! Not enough time to send to friends in time for Christmas. 
  • Ordered mine on Black Friday. Came yesterday! Not enough time to send to friends in time for Christmas. 
    It’s terrible customer service, I can order custom made items on Etsy and be here sooner than a legit business. Like I said, you’re burning audio files onto discs and printing labels, unless I’m missing something, what’s the hold up? How does this make PJ look? They offer a Black Friday sale and Nugs can’t even fulfill orders in a month, ridiculous 
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    It is their DIY style where customer service is focused on last.  Same with the fan club singles and newsletters.  Luckily there a 1,000 more important things in life so I don't let it bother me.
  • rb173565rb173565 Posts: 101
    i too ordered on black friday and haven't had notification that they've been sent out yet. longest wait i've had is 9 weeks to arrive. if like 10c they've shut down for holidays that may well be surpassed. wish they'd put the 2005 boots onto disc and to bump 'trees' posts empty boxes for the 2015,16 boots too.....
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376
    2 years in a row, I have ordered PJ boots for Christmas, 2 years in a row, no boots at Christmas. Last year I purchased on Dec 7th and didn’t arrive til Mid Jan. This year I bought them during the Black Friday sale, and still nothing. Guys, you are just burning audio files to CDs and printing off labels, and mailing them, it’s not that hard that I can’t get my purchase in a month. What’s the point in Pearl Jam doing a Black Friday sale on boots if they won’t arrive in time for Christmas??
    It’s bummer that you don’t have them for Christmas but it was on there that they may not arrive in time for Christmas when they posted it on Black Friday. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Satans Red MosquitoSatans Red Mosquito Posts: 763
    edited December 2018
    on2legs said:
    It’s bummer that you don’t have them for Christmas but it was on there that they may not arrive in time for Christmas when they posted it on Black Friday. 
    Understand, but hire temp workers, do something, makes you look terrible when stuff doesn’t arrive in time for Christmas, especially when it was nearly a month ago, nobody bought them with the intentions of after Christmas delivery.  I understand they covered their ass with that verbiage, but Jesus, it’s burning CDs not making homemade quilts, it’s 2018.
    Post edited by Satans Red Mosquito on
    Shows Attended
    2008 - Bonnaroo
    2009 - Chicago 1
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    rb173565 said:
     wish they'd put the 2005 boots onto disc 
    Maybe in 2019 they will. 
  • TH113769TH113769 Posts: 434
    Nugs sucks ass!!  The app is horrible - sound goes in and out over wifi even.  I cancelled after the free trial.  
    92 - Phoenix; 93 - Mesa; 95 - Phoenix; 98 - Phoenix; 2000- Phoenix; 2003 - San Diego, Las Vegas, Phoenix; 2006 - Denver 1, Denver 2, Las Vegas, San Diego;  2009 - Chicago 1, Chicago 2, San Diego; 2013 - Phoenix, San Diego, LA 1, LA 2, Portland, Spokane, Calgary, Vancouver, Seattle; 2014 - Detroit, Moline, Milwaukee, Denver; 2016 - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Jacksonville, Wrigley 1 and 2; 2018 - Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London1, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Werchter, Barca, Missoula, Chicago 1&2, Boston 1&2.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Nugs is bad. Ordered nov 24 and nada.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • I ordered on Black Friday as well. They just arrived yesterday. They didn’t bother to cushion the package on the bottom, now I have a dented 2014 box set. I had to email them to see if the package even shipped. They had a good chunk of my money for a month. Ridiculous.
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    on2legs said:

People should have been aware of that note when they purchased, but that doesn’t cover up the fact that the entire point of Black Friday is Christmas shopping.
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
    PJWGIII said:
    on2legs said:

People should have been aware of that note when they purchased, but that doesn’t cover up the fact that the entire point of Black Friday is Christmas shopping.
    I don’t know. Just seems a little whiny to complain that the boots weren’t delivered by Christmas when they made that clear from the get go.  But that’s mostly what the internet is for these days... complaining about stuff. 

• willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    I've just grown used to nugs now. I've been buying shows from them for almost 10 years now. Always takes a month or month + half to arrive.
    yes it's a bit annoying but I can't change anything and I love me some live shows so I'll continue to use them 
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Yeah if this was any surprise then you haven’t been paying attention.  When you order from nugs you need to forget you ordered from nugs, it’s the only way to buy from nugs.  2 months later is when you should get annoyed, not at 5 weeks.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • OceanInDisguise13OceanInDisguise13 Behind the sun Posts: 919
    I have an order from November 26 that still has the status as Warehouse for 3 bootleg CDs. Was hoping they would have shipped by now.....
    I wish I was an alien at home behind the sun.....
    I wanna race..with the sundown..I want a last breath..I don't let out...
  • I think their way of downloading audio files is crap too. The vast majority of the time I have to cancel it and start over at least once. I think they’ve become too big for their own good. It’s a great concept, but they just can’t keep up with the demand. 
    I think their way of downloading audio files is crap too. The vast majority of the time I have to cancel it and start over at least once. I think they’ve become too big for their own good. It’s a great concept, but they just can’t keep up with the demand. 
    It’s very cumbersome.  I’d like to be able to get one zip file to download without having to install their software.  

• JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    I ordered on Black Friday as well. They just arrived yesterday. They didn’t bother to cushion the package on the bottom, now I have a dented 2014 box set. I had to email them to see if the package even shipped. They had a good chunk of my money for a month. Ridiculous.
    Email them back and send pictures of your damaged boxset, they will send a replacement empy box. When I ordered mine last year, the box did have some bad looking tears/rips on two of the sides, I sent pictures of it and they sent me another box (for free, obviously). Useful having two boxes for the 2014, cause imo the all the boots fit really tight into just one :)
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Ordered three boots on CD-eight discs in total-and all eight had the labels printed arseways. Not one was centred and the labels looked like they were overflowing over the side of the discs. Fortunately the audio wasn't affected but there could well be instances where this was the case.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    nugs are crap so slow
    danny d
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    It's definitely a case of "buyer beware" when ordering boots. Nugs quality control and turn around time always goes from bad to worse this time of year. I only buy digital but even that is a pain in the ass because of the interface. There has to be a company out there that can provide a better service and if there isn't, we should start one.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • Start pressing silver dics for fuck says. Even if it's just for a first smaller run.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Start pressing silver dics for fuck says. Even if it's just for a first smaller run.
    I agree with this. I've read here that someone said it would be too expensive to keep a large stock of silver press on hand. 
    Im sure they can just monitor when stock gets lower and just order more.
    So instead of filling the wearhouse full, fill it half way and order more once you get a quarter of the way down. 
    But having said that, nugs struggles to get one CD mailed out within a two week window. So maybe this logic would just be insanity to them.
    likely put them right out of business.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,941
    A few comments:

I'm not sure what the sales are for each live show, but I thought the whole point of burning them on the fly was the demand wasn't high enough to warrant pressing them.    I was a little disappointed this year as the bigger stadium shows previously had initial silver pressed runs (2016) but this year they didn't.  That being said I understand this business model is mostly geared around things that don't sell a plethora of copies.  Burn on the fly so they make inventory as needed.

Given that it's a smaller operation and they burn things on the fly.  I would fully expect them to get backlogged when they have their biggest sale of the year (and any orders place behind that surge).   It's not a major record label.. it's a place that burn's the discs and creates the artwork.  Keeping it affordable and scale-able to the lower demand of the discs.

Thirdly.  Who else out there does this?  Who are Nugs competitors?

• derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    edited December 2018
    Zod said:
    A few comments:

I'm not sure what the sales are for each live show, but I thought the whole point of burning them on the fly was the demand wasn't high enough to warrant pressing them.    I was a little disappointed this year as the bigger stadium shows previously had initial silver pressed runs (2016) but this year they didn't.  That being said I understand this business model is mostly geared around things that don't sell a plethora of copies.  Burn on the fly so they make inventory as needed.

Given that it's a smaller operation and they burn things on the fly.  I would fully expect them to get backlogged when they have their biggest sale of the year (and any orders place behind that surge).   It's not a major record label.. it's a place that burn's the discs and creates the artwork.  Keeping it affordable and scale-able to the lower demand of the discs.

Thirdly.  Who else out there does this?  Who are Nugs competitors?

Plus...
    Pearl Jam is just one of hundreds of artists that NUGS sells live show performances.
    Kufala was the only other company that I ever heard of that offered this type of service.

Post edited by derbydave on
    '96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

Hire some people and get it done. Silver pressed Cds
    they don't do the artwork. It's given to them. They just print it and slap it on.
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    So I ordered the Spectrum box set during the sale. It arrived “quickly,” under 2 weeks. One thing I noticed was that while the discs were CD-Rs, the labels weren’t inkjet, they were actually screen printed. Usually only the silver pressed boots were screenprinted.
  • Start pressing silver dics for fuck says. Even if it's just for a first smaller run.

Like what they did for Wrigley/Fenway 16.

You'd think they could do 1000 of each show as silver and sell those rather easily. Everything after that, exception box sets, would be the CDR variety.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"