Did this happen in your town?

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
edited December 2018 in A Moving Train
It did in mine and I was surprised by the lack of coverage on the 10 O'clock news this evening.  I guess it was a hoax but I would think this would break bigger on the news.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Post edited by brianlux on

Comments

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Not in my city, but in quite a few other ones across Canada.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/bomb-threat-hoax-canada-cities-1.4945170
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    It was across the US and Canada.  The morning news said that the authorities believe it was some sort of an attempt at extortion.
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    It did in mine and I was surprised by the lack of coverage on the 10 O'clock news this evening.  I guess it was a hoax but I would think this would break bigger on the news.

It would not shock me that China is behind it  because we arrested one of their citizens well connected with the government in China...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    It was across the US and Canada.  The morning news said that the authorities believe it was some sort of an attempt at extortion.
    The thing is, this happened in several cities in both countries, caused a lot of commotion, must have cost huge amounts of money in terms of business shut down and police and emergency services, yet only received what amounts to a footnote in the news.  That surprises me.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

brianlux said:
    The thing is, this happened in several cities in both countries, caused a lot of commotion, must have cost huge amounts of money in terms of business shut down and police and emergency services, yet only received what amounts to a footnote in the news.  That surprises me.
    With what's going on with the hawuui executive being detained in Canada, I would not put past the Chinese being behind...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Who PrincessWho Princess out here in the fields Posts: 7,305
    Yeah, it happened here and in some surrounding cities and it made the 10 o'clock news.  It took up some police resources, who had to respond even though it was quickly suspected as a hoax.
    "The stars are all connected to the brain."