Heather Nauert to become UN ambassador for U.S.

brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
In yet another brilliant move, Trump has selected former Fox news host Heather Nauert as ambassador to the UN.  She literally thought Germany was a US ally in WWII and that D-Day was an example of our long friendship.  Brilliant.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    The level of stupid in this administration is off the charts.  It likely reflects that no one that has much intelligence at all is willing to work for the orange moron.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    We will never have normal government ever again.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I think it will swing so hard the other way, Elon Musk will end up as President in 2032.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    I think it will swing so hard the other way, Elon Musk will end up as President in 2032.
    I'm one of those anti-space exploration guys (and I can say that here), so I hope not, but if that were to happen, I hope he will send as many morons into outer space as possible.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

brianlux said:
    I'm one of those anti-space exploration guys (and I can say that here), so I hope not, but if that were to happen, I hope he will send as many morons into outer space as possible.
    he was just the first genius that came to mind. I highly doubt he'd ever run, much less win. you need a personality in politics. 

why anti-space exploration? are you one of the "let's fix down here first" folks? Cause I'm firmly entrenched smack in the middle. I was "fix the earth first" until some others have enlightened me as to how space exploration has actually benefited our lives here. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    Stephen Hawking said that we better figure out how to live somewhere else if we want to survive as a race.  He was pretty smart.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Stephen Hawking said that we better figure out how to live somewhere else if we want to survive as a race.  He was pretty smart.
    yeah, but I'm skeptical about the timing of some of his remarks in public. they often came at or around one of his book releases. so to me some of his doomsday remarks come off as marketing through fear. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    The best people.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    The best people.
    the new US ambassador to Canada "believes in both sides of the science" with regards to climate change. 

both sides of the science. 

oh, wait, that's right, her husband is a coal billionaire. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    Start with the Trump family ...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    She sounds overqualified fir the Trump admin...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    brianlux said:
    he was just the first genius that came to mind. I highly doubt he'd ever run, much less win. you need a personality in politics. 

why anti-space exploration? are you one of the "let's fix down here first" folks? Cause I'm firmly entrenched smack in the middle. I was "fix the earth first" until some others have enlightened me as to how space exploration has actually benefited our lives here. 
    That's why my wife suggested Garth Brooks run for president.  She was mostly kidding.  Mostly.  :lol:
    OnWis97 said:
    The best people.
    the new US ambassador to Canada "believes in both sides of the science" with regards to climate change. 

Both sides, LOL.  The real science side and the make-believe science side.

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

That's why my wife suggested Garth Brooks run for president.  She was mostly kidding.  Mostly.  :lol:
    OnWis97 said:
    The best people.

he'd change his name halfway through his term. 

President Brooks-Gaines! or is that Anthony Keidis?

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

OnWis97 said:
    The best people.

I would definitely vote for Mr. Gaines!

Speaking of which, I read that Brooks has said his Chris Gaines routine was the biggest mistake of his career.  I was bummed to read that.  I thought it was great.  How many country singers could pull that off?  When I saw him do his Gaines routine on SNL I loved it!

brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:

OnWis97 said:
    The best people.

I would definitely vote for Mr. Gaines!

Speaking of which, I read that Brooks has said his Chris Gaines routine was the biggest mistake of his career.  I was bummed to read that.  I thought it was great.  How many country singers could pull that off?  When I saw him do his Gaines routine on SNL I loved it!
    yeah, it was a huge bomb. i think it bombed because people were so confused by it. they couldn't tell if he legit was going alternative, or if this was some type of act. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• GREATEST

COUNTRY

IN

THE 

WORLD
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Sadly, this is the UN...so she is probably more than qualified.  The UN is the same organization that had those pos shit Saudi's heading a key human rights post...
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Sadly, this is the UN...so she is probably more than qualified.  The UN is the same organization that had those pos shit Saudi's heading a key human rights post...
    The UN is like the US.  A place with a lot of unused potential.  It hasn't always been that way.

brianlux said:
    The UN is like the US.  A place with a lot of unused potential.  It hasn't always been that way.
    The UN will never reach it's potential and is just stealing money from the middle class and poor people to support corruption.
    Give Peas A Chance…