Options

OPEC

Hear on the news this morning that Qatar is leaving OPEC to focus on Natural Gas production.
https://www.cnn.com/2018/12/03/business/qatar-opec-withdrawal/index.html

Not sure what this means for the future and oil prices.

I'm surprised there isn't an OPEC thread so, now there is.

Comments

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    edited December 2018
    Qatar is full of hot air.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,718
    At least when it's ignited.

(Sorry, it's late!)
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,769
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    They are starting pretty early if the goal is to elect trump.  We will have plenty of time to get used to higher prices by next November...would have been better to maybe wait 6 months prior to the election.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    They are starting pretty early if the goal is to elect trump.  We will have plenty of time to get used to higher prices by next November...would have been better to maybe wait 6 months prior to the election.
    oil is now low 80's. folks are still sour on the economy. if they can keep inflation up by this, then that reflects poorly on uncle joe.

this will also overshadow the record high production here....

going badly for russia in ukraine, cracks developing at home, drone strikes IN moskow..

not long from now N Korea will flex.