what if the 96-98 posters were

2»

Comments

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Apparently this could double for being in the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread, but I am all in on this.  You could put big black REPRINT letters across the back for all I care.

I'm with you here.  I don't see what the big deal is.  Don't see how it's much different than re-issuing albums on vinyl...the originals will sill carry more value.  
  • bbiggs said:
    Maybe Topps will re-print the 1952 set so I can get a Mickey Mantle rookie card too. I’ve always wanted one of those. Brilliant. 
    They've done that a few times...
  • I'm looking for an 68 Shelby GT500. Brand New, Original cost. 
    ^^^ This... ^^^^ Except I want the '67....
    Raleigh, NC., 8/31/98, Charlotte, NC., 8/4/00, Greensboro, NC., 8/6/00, Mountain View, CA., 10/31/00, Raleigh, NC., 4/15/03, Charlotte, NC., 4/16/03, Mountain View, CA., 10/25/03, Asheville, NC., 10/6/04, Philadelphia, PA., 10/3/05, Washington D.C, 5/30/06, Virginia Beach, VA., 6/17/07, Philadelphia, PA., 10/28/09, Charlottesville, VA., 10/29/13, Charlotte, NC., 10/30/13, Memphis, TN., 10/14/14, Greenville, SC., 4/16/16, Hampton, VA., 4/19/16, Raleigh, NC., 4/20/16, Columbia, SC., 4/21/16, Boston, MA., 8/5/16, Boston 9/2/18 & 9/4/18., Nashville, TN., 4/2/20., Nashville, TN., 9/16/22.

EV Solo - Washington, D.C., 8/17/08, Atlanta, GA., 6/24/09, Orlando, FL., 11/27/12.
  • I'm looking for an 68 Shelby GT500. Brand New, Original cost. 
    ^^^ This... ^^^^ Except I want the '67....
    They kind of did that too but more expensive...
    https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-12-01/own-a-brand-new-eleanor-mustang-from-gone-in-60-seconds-for-200-000

When I first heard the price I thought they were nuts...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    bbiggs said:
    Maybe Topps will re-print the 1952 set so I can get a Mickey Mantle rookie card too. I’ve always wanted one of those. Brilliant. 
    Oh brother. I was kidding in my post. I can’t believe they did that. For the record, I’m not a fan of re-prints. And I’m definitely not a fan of trying to de-value the market. I don’t own any 98’s but I’m sure a lot of people have purchased them at high prices because they didn’t get one 20 years ago at the show. It seems ridiculous to intentionally de-value the prints so all of those people lose their ass on what they bought. Not a fan. 
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Oh brother. I was kidding in my post. I can’t believe they did that. For the record, I’m not a fan of re-prints. And I’m definitely not a fan of trying to de-value the market. I don’t own any 98’s but I’m sure a lot of people have purchased them at high prices because they didn’t get one 20 years ago at the show. It seems ridiculous to intentionally de-value the prints so all of those people lose their ass on what they bought. Not a fan. 
    It hasn't devalued the Mantle.  That is one card that is Iconic and EVERYONE wants one now.

Printing more posters just seems like a bad idea.  When would it stop?  They could make a third and a fourth printing if really wanted...

Not my bag.  I don't buy reprint cards either...
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I guess I just have a more simplistic view of it....highly sought after items that plenty of people would love to buy.  Didn't hear many complaints about them re-issuing a bunch of albums on vinyl.  
  • bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

I guess I just have a more simplistic view of it....highly sought after items that plenty of people would love to buy.  Didn't hear many complaints about them re-issuing a bunch of albums on vinyl.  
    After listening to a few of them you will, lol!
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,908
    are these still in demand? I've got about 12 of these stored somewhere.  
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:

After listening to a few of them you will, lol!

:lol:  so true!

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    Would be awesome. I say devalue the whole fucking market and bring these to folks who are priced out due to "collectors" valuations.
    Didn't you sell a Benny for market value?
     =) 
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center