What did everyone get in the Collectionz Mystery Tube Poster sale

13»

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Anyone with the name "garden party" cannot be trusted
    Anyone with a killer avatar like that CAN be trusted. LARPers unite! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    I hate everyone
    And it only get worse this time of year.
  • SJD3232SJD3232 Posts: 2,200
    Mikemzl91 said:
    I took my Chief to get framed today and fully unrolled it for the first time. Turned out to be an AP.

Were all the posters APs?

Wow! Congrats.  The actual APs are #’d out of 100 on the left where he wrote AP.  I’m wondering if this is a show edition that someone had doodled at TRPS or another convention Emek was at.  Cool nonetheless... one of the best gig prints ever IMO.
  • Mikemzl91 said:
    I took my Chief to get framed today and fully unrolled it for the first time. Turned out to be an AP.

Amazing score, congrats!  What are you doing with it for framing?
  • @andyfarrimond Museum. Double mat slightly off white and a very dark brown, almost black that matches the poster. Same dark brown for the frame. I'll post a pic next week.
  • SJD3232 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Wow! Congrats.  The actual APs are #’d out of 100 on the left where he wrote AP.  I’m wondering if this is a show edition that someone had doodled at TRPS or another convention Emek was at.  Cool nonetheless... one of the best gig prints ever IMO.
    This is an AP rather than AE.

It's weird how they do it.  I have an EMEK AP2 QOTSA from him.  I asked about the different numbering inhopes that I had a GITD or something but it was just an extended run on the poster.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    SJD3232 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

It's weird how they do it.  I have an EMEK AP2 QOTSA from him.  I asked about the different numbering inhopes that I had a GITD or something but it was just an extended run on the poster.

Isn't an AP supposed to be the printers proof? So say maybe the first 5-10 printed to confirm they are happy with image and print result, then they print the remaining batch for the SE & AE. ?

Printing a second batch for an AP2 seems odd in this case?

• SJD3232 said:
    Mikemzl91 said:

Isn't an AP supposed to be the printers proof? So say maybe the first 5-10 printed to confirm they are happy with image and print result, then they print the remaining batch for the SE & AE. ?

Printing a second batch for an AP2 seems odd in this case?

Same run just labeled differently.

An AP is not necessarily a printers proof either.  That could be part of a "test print".

The AP/AE/AP2 are all ways for the artist to make money or possibly hold something back in case of damage.
  • VedderMTLVedderMTL Montreal, Canada Posts: 1,401

• VedderMTL said:

Nice score fella!
    VedderMTL nice steal buddy.
    Mikemzl91 said:
    @andyfarrimond Museum. Double mat slightly off white and a very dark brown, almost black that matches the poster. Same dark brown for the frame. I'll post a pic next week.

Related image

JK, Very happy for you on your SCORE.

Mine is out for delivery today.

• hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055
    I did see on Facebook they are doing a Free second chance giveaway, where if you got a poster that is not very valuable, you can email them, telling them what you got (like the 4 eyed cowboy) and if your name is drawn they'll send you another tube for free, of the ones they held back (in case of damage, loss, etc.). That is very cool of them.
  • @willbarclay Haha.
    I think a Rome will be at your doorstep when you get home.
    Can someone post the list of posters, I cant seem to find it. 
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Here you go. Still waiting for my tube - it was at Heathrow on Wednesday but no updates since. Hoping it’s not been lost!

FYI - both Romes appear to be claimed based on Facebook posts

• PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281

Got this one.  Anyone looking for this, pm me because I am not going to keep it.  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    edited November 2018

Ahhh I got an Amsterdam 18 Jackson AE

Image result for pearl jam amsterdam poster

Post edited by willbarclay on
  • PP193448 said:

Got this one.  Anyone looking for this, pm me because I am not going to keep it.  
    The wine looks good! 😉
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    PP193448 said:

The wine looks good! 😉

:g:get_outta_here:

My wife buys the cheap stuff from Sams club.  I can’t do red wine because of migraines, so I settle for bourbon or beer...  
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • RPelletierRPelletier Toronto, Canada Posts: 52
    Berlin A/P signed and numbered xxx/100.  Will post pic soon.
    Hey.  Do you like Pearl Jam?
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Berlin 18?  Nice!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • AP
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    ISO for me if you are looking to move it. 
    PJNB said:
    ISO for me if you are looking to move it. 

PM sent

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    I did reasonably well - got the 2013 Wrigley Munk One. Thanks to Collectionzz for running this exciting event!

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,597
    drfox said:
    I did reasonably well - got the 2013 Wrigley Munk One. Thanks to Collectionzz for running this exciting event!

nice! Fun to see what people got. Thanks for sharing.