Donna Grantis featuring Mike McCready – Trashformer b/w Violetta

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325

Trashformer bw Violetta 

Limited edition transparent purple 7-inch vinyl single with exclusive poster insert!

“I had the great pleasure of seeing Donna Grantis play guitar with Prince and she was amazing! Donna is a phenomenal guitar player with a killer groove and instinct. I was honored to be asked to play on two of her songs, TRASHFORMER & VIOLETTA. I’m stoked to be putting out both on a limited 7-inch vinyl single. Hope everyone enjoys the great groove and these sweet songs.”

-Mike McCready

Comments

• BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Did it sell out????
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    edited November 2018
    Did it sell out????
    I would guess 10C is still sleeping and it hasn't been put up yet.  I hope anyway.

Also, her instagram says there will be an announcement tomorrow (today), so I would expect sometime today.  That said, she does have a pretty good fanbase, so this may sell out.
    Post edited by kramer73 on
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Oh please I hope I have not missed this!  :prayer::worried:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • she f'n rawks
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,325
  • CrewCrew Posts: 299
    Really surprised the type of production McCready is getting for all his collaboration 7" singles, and yet his score for The Glamour & The Squalor only got a CD release! 

Really wish someone would press it; it's a freaking masterpiece.
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    demetrios said:

Trashformer bw Violetta 

Limited edition transparent purple 7-inch vinyl single with exclusive poster insert!

“I had the great pleasure of seeing Donna Grantis play guitar with Prince and she was amazing! Donna is a phenomenal guitar player with a killer groove and instinct. I was honored to be asked to play on two of her songs, TRASHFORMER & VIOLETTA. I’m stoked to be putting out both on a limited 7-inch vinyl single. Hope everyone enjoys the great groove and these sweet songs.”

-Mike McCready

Just listened to the instrumental song embedded on Hockeytalkter's website....:rock_on: !!!
    got it, thanks!
    edited November 2018

Post edited by demetrios on
  • DW139059DW139059 Posts: 353
    Woooooo!!  :grin:
    Charlotte '96
    Raleigh '03
    Charlotte '13
    Cincinnati '14
    Greenville '16, Columbia '16
    Nashville '22
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    Got it! Yes!!!!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    She was awesome in RITFW in Toronto.
    MayDay10 said:
    She was awesome in RITFW in Toronto.
    Indeed! :)

https://youtu.be/DKoRLOCeQ8s
    Shipping confirmation already? 
    Sweet!  B)
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Really dig both tracks, oddly I'm guessing it's a typo that iTunes lists the single as Transformer, though the individual tracks are labelled properly.
    As noted above, she kicked ass at both Toronto 2016 shows, which led me to track down as many of her appearances as I could, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Just read on her Instagram that her new album is expected early next year, sweet!
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    "It's been an incredible honor to collaborate with Mike McCready on these songs. His playing has always been a huge inspiration—from the time I first picked up the guitar through to composing ‘TRASHFORMER’ with this collaboration in mind. Mike adds a glorious solo on the outro of ‘TRASHFORMER’ that is absolutely electrifying and ambient sound effects throughout the B-side, ‘VIOLETTA,’ that are truly sublime. It was so much fun making this music!"
    Bump! :)
    Vinyl arrived today. That was pretty fast, especially via Canada Post.
    demetrios said:
    Vinyl arrived today. That was pretty fast, especially via Canada Post.
    yeah, got mine yesterday.

https://www.facebook.com/159585473803/posts/10157083232398804/

Many thanks to everyone who has listened to, downloaded, purchased or spread the word about my latest single: TRASHFORMER featuring Mike McCready.  I’m truly grateful for your support! Thank you to everyone who contributed their time and talents to this project. The music and art wouldn’t be the same without you!  

Guitar - Mike McCready 
    Recording Engineer - #JoshEvans
    Bass - Cody McKinney 
    Drums - JT Bates 
    Keys - Bryan Nichols 
    Tabla - Suphala 
    Recording & Mixing Engineer - Bryan Mengy
    Mastering Engineer - Greg Reierson at Rare Form Mastering
    Vinyl Label - Chris Adams at HockeyTalkter Records
    Digital Label - @eone_musieOne Music  eOne Music Canada 
    Cover Photography - Joe Lemke Photography 
    Image Design - Brian Geihl at Dogfish Media
    Layout Design - Alex Tenta
    Wardrobe - Call and response clothing toronto
    Boots - Chris Francis
    Guitar - PRS Guitars 
    Amps - vintage Traynor Bass Master modded by Pat Furlan and a PRS Archon 100W
    Cabinets - Traynor YBX212 
    Strings - D'Addario and Co. 
    Pedals - Empress Effects & TC Electronic
    Production Manager - Andrew Fugere
    Pedalboard Maestro - Takumi Suetsugu
    Makeup - Julie Phaxay
    Management - Trevor Guy & Chris Taylor 

Limited edition 7” transparent purple vinyl available exclusively at pearljam.com/shop/music.

Listen/stream/download/purchase/share #TRASHFORMER & #VIOLETTA: http://smarturl.it/TRASHFORMER
  • Would love to get this. But with shipping to Canada and exchange it comes to $32. For 2 songs it's hard to justify