Why Chicago Night 2 Rocked

stevieraveonstevieraveon Posts: 413
edited May 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
Loved first night, but was very casual fan friendly, lots off of Ten, Vs, etc. LOVED tonights setlist. Plus I had better seats.

Opened w/ Severed Hand, played Crown of Thorns, MOTH, Last Exit, Footsteps,Down,Gone, Inside Job, Last Exit, Why go...unreal.

Only weak point I thought was Last Kiss to start 2nd encore (Eddie in back of stadium, singing was off beat due to him hearing band later than us in front of stadium).

Was kind of funny, 3rd or 4th song went to go into Go, and think Cameron fucked up the intro, band totally stopped, regrouped, and started again.
Bob Loblaw's Law Blog: "Why should YOU go to jail for a crime someone else noticed?"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• efrotenefroten Posts: 67
    Loved first night, but was very casual fan friendly, lots off of Ten, Vs, etc. LOVED tonights setlist. Plus I had better seats.

Opened w/ Severed Hand, played Crown of Thorns, MOTH, Last Exit, Footsteps,Down,Gone, Inside Job, Last Exit, Why go...unreal.

Only weak point I thought was Last Kiss to start 2nd encore (Eddie in back of stadium, singing was off beat due to him hearing band later than us in front of stadium).

Was kind of funny, 3rd or 4th song went to go into Go, and think Cameron fucked up the intro, band totally stopped, regrouped, and started again.

I think eds mic was cutting out too, the signal seemed bad.

And i think they started marker in the sand, not go. then they played animal, and then marker.
  • Yea I don't recall any Go!
    *Official Marker in the Sand Fan Club Junkie*
    Member # 0004

Rather than being birthed like a normal child, Chuck Norris instead
    decided to punch his way out of his mother's womb. Shortly thereafter
    he grew a beard.
  • djhaimskidjhaimski Posts: 3
    Yeah, Last Kiss was off because of what you said, there is a slight delay at the back of the stadium, plus the sound bounces off the back and goes back to the front...

The flop at the beginning was Marker/Animal. I got a set list and Go is not on there but Marker and Animal are right next to each other!

FYI, The encore setlist had "Satan's Bed" and "(no lip)" on there! of course were not played...

And finally... wow what a night the last two nights... my buddy was the one who got his Sonics jersey on stage and Jeff put it on at the end! I couldn't believe it! It totally made the night, especially Jeff wearing Bulls shorts during the encore...

If anyone got a photo of Jeff wearing the sonics jersey at the end be it a group photo or a general shot of the stage, please PM me!
    Listen to the boulevard, listen to the falling rain,
    I believe in love now, with all of its joys and pains
    Follow the palm trees under the California sun
    I believe in love now, I believe in love again
  • worldworld Posts: 266
    Just great show, ive been to quite of few shows and I think that might of been the best.
    Chicago '98, Noblesville '00, East Troy '00, Chicago '00, Champaign '03, Chicago '03, Chicago1 '06, Chicago2 '06, Milwaukee '06, Chicago1 '09, and Chicago2 '09
  • elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    it was th best
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    mike ripping up the amp and eddie demolishing tambourines never gets old.
    awesome setlist - as expected Gone and Inside Job were played. I may have to follow these guys to another show or two, they've been great.

i'd say over the last two nights, about 90% of Ten and the avocado album were played, with a lot of little gems from everything in between.
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Much better than night one. SOO many highlights, SIFL, Gone, Inside Job, Glorified G, CROWN OF THORNS, Garden, Once, and Why Go, were my fav's. Can't wait for Grand Rapids. Got home at 1:30 and am now off to a day at work that will suck, but it was SO worth it!!!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • pearl13pearl13 Posts: 4
    This show was A+ awesome! Mamasan backwards, Last Exit, Save it for later, Crown of thorns, Marker in the Sand, Last Kiss with Eddie in the back... Mike was just amazing the entire night. That guy's a god!
    :D First night was great but this was just off the charts great.
  • imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Wow...Wow...WTF...WOW...:eek:

I just checked out the set list for Chicago's second show...jaw is still on the floor!!!!

What an awsome show....damn you guys even got "Crown of Thorns":eek:

*imspinnin pray's for a copycat show for Boston* :rolleyes:
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • lockedlocked Boston Posts: 3,996
    imspinnin wrote:
    Wow...Wow...WTF...WOW...:eek:

I just checked out the set list for Chicago's second show...jaw is still on the floor!!!!

What an awsome show....damn you guys even got "Crown of Thorns":eek:

*imspinnin pray's for a copycat show for Boston* :rolleyes:

my thoughts EXAXCTLY...!
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • I noticed the pictures of Chicago 2 there a shot of eddie singing from the middle of the crowd. Around the sound board it looks like. From reading this thread i guess that was during last kiss??

Did eddie walk up and down the isles thru the crowd??? Was it only one song??
    Can someone review this? thanks
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra
  • bronzebackbronzeback Posts: 36
    I noticed the pictures of Chicago 2 there a shot of eddie singing from the middle of the crowd. Around the sound board it looks like. From reading this thread i guess that was during last kiss??

Did eddie walk up and down the isles thru the crowd??? Was it only one song??
    Can someone review this? thanks

the lights were low...and the band came on stage with no Ed. Then all of a sudden, a spotlight light up the sound board and there is Ed....not sure how he got there.

When he left the board...I thought he was going to go down the Stone side isle...but the ran out one of the back service entrances and headed back up to the stage....would have been cool to see him walk the isle back up.....

makes me reminice the 92 lola at Alpine, when he climbed the center canopy and repelled down a rope.....then ran back up to stage down the main isle.....aaahhhhhh, those were the days.....
    So shines a good deed in such a weary world
  • bronzeback wrote:
    the lights were low...and the band came on stage with no Ed. Then all of a sudden, a spotlight light up the sound board and there is Ed....not sure how he got there.

When he left the board...I thought he was going to go down the Stone side isle...but the ran out one of the back service entrances and headed back up to the stage....would have been cool to see him walk the isle back up.....

makes me reminice the 92 lola at Alpine, when he climbed the center canopy and repelled down a rope.....then ran back up to stage down the main isle.....aaahhhhhh, those were the days.....
    Cool. And this was only during Last Kiss?
    PJ - 36
    EV - 5
    (**Letterman'02, Irving Plaza, Storytellers, Beacon, ACL, Spectrum 3&4, Bridge School '10**)

"Constant recoil,..sometimes life don't leave you alone."
    Let's connect on twitter - @Jeffgorra