Alec Baldwin Arrested

Over a parking spot. Damn. The Village is tough, but c'mon man. Be an adult.  Can't wait for SNL to lampoon this.
Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Over a parking spot. Damn. The Village is tough, but c'mon man. Be an adult.  Can't wait for SNL to lampoon this.
    they should get Trump to play him! 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    That would be freaking epic, lol
  • Over a parking spot. Damn. The Village is tough, but c'mon man. Be an adult.  Can't wait for SNL to lampoon this.
    Haha! That would be the best fucking thing to ever happen.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Alec Baldwin has anger management issues and needs help. Good thing he wasn’t carrying. Hope he goes to jail to cool his heels.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    The dude has nine lives.    Every couple years he does something like this.
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    Image result for alec baldwin drinking
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Ah, another class act!

I'm reminded of that Seinfeld episode where George and another guy were fighting over a parking space.  Even those two idiots didn't come to fisticuffs.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,596
    I like Baldwin a lot as an actor but, as Henry Rollins once said, it's often better not to meet personalities you admire.

Also, I'm not judging Baldwin until I have all the facts.  Was he defending himself?  Maybe.  I don't know.  Careful with throwing those stones.  Sure is a lot of that going on around here these days. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    brianlux said:
    I like Baldwin a lot as an actor but, as Henry Rollins once said, it's often better not to meet personalities you admire.

Also, I'm not judging Baldwin until I have all the facts.  Was he defending himself?  Maybe.  I don't know.  Careful with throwing those stones.  Sure is a lot of that going on around here these days. 
    Dude has a history. 
    hippiemom = goodness
    brianlux said:

Dude has a history. 
    I hope he gets help.  At least half of our rock stars have anger issues.  Some, like Mr. John Lydon, learn to turn that anger into creative energy (thus the song, "Anger is an Energy"), but some let it bring them down.  I hope Mr. Baldwin gets some counseling if that is an issue for him.  In any case, it's not for me to judge. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    brianlux said:

according to tmz baldwin had a friend saving a space and the dude he punched swooped in and took it.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

according to tmz baldwin had a friend saving a space and the dude he punched swooped in and took it.
    I've had it happen on our Main St.  I parallel park the way we were taught back when it was taught:  signal as you approach the space, drive just past it, back and turn into it.  I can't tell you how many times people will nose in while I'm backing.  Have I ever punched anyone for doing that?  No.  Have I thought bad things about the cheaters?  Sure thing.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Baldwin or not, having someone "hold your space" in a busy area is a dick move to me.
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    No Retreat.  No Surrender.  No Mercy.
    I like Baldwin as an actor and the dude is pretty funny, but he can thank his lucky stars he leans hard left because if he had an once of conservatism in him, James Wood would be feeling sorry for him for how his career would be burned at the stake.  
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    I met Alec Baldwin in 1994 after a Pearl Jam concert!!
    TMZ photo of the incident ...

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I've had it happen on our Main St.  I parallel park the way we were taught back when it was taught:  signal as you approach the space, drive just past it, back and turn into it.  I can't tell you how many times people will nose in while I'm backing.  Have I ever punched anyone for doing that?  No.  Have I thought bad things about the cheaters?  Sure thing.
    How else do you parallel park?
    I guess I picture parallel parking only when the space isn’t long enough to pull in head first. And honestly if it was that long I’m not sure if I’d assume that was the spot you’re gunning for to begin with.
    So I apologize if I’ve ever swooped in on you.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Jason P said:
    No Retreat.  No Surrender.  No Mercy.
    No parking. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I guess I picture parallel parking only when the space isn’t long enough to pull in head first. And honestly if it was that long I’m not sure if I’d assume that was the spot you’re gunning for to begin with.
     I have to parallel park everywhere, including my home street. I always back into the spots. You actually, by law, have to stop and allow a person to back into a spot, not go around them. If someone swooped into a spot I was parking in I would get out of the car and have words with them. Crazy, I know. But parking is tough here. 
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Nope- one space marked by lines on the street.  Not big enough for two cars.  There are people in this town that actually think you parallel park by nosing in first and then back and forth and back and forth and back and forth and back and forth until they are ... sort of... between the lines.  If it wasn't so ridiculous it would be amusing to watch.

And then half the time they don't know how to park within the lines.   I need to print off some of these:

njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

I have to parallel park everywhere, including my home street. I always back into the spots. You actually, by law, have to stop and allow a person to back into a spot, not go around them. If someone swooped into a spot I was parking in I would get out of the car and have words with them. Crazy, I know. But parking is tough here. 
    People here will swoop around you almost every time when you try to parallel park the right way.  One of our city cops nearly bashed into my wife a few weeks ago while she was parallel parking downtown.  Brilliant, huh!

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    hedonist said:
    Baldwin or not, having someone "hold your space" in a busy area is a dick move to me.
    This fuck him I bet he paid that dude to  hold the spot this ain’t no movie theater , fuck Alec 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    I always look forward to the first Nor'easters that hit and the stories of people that shovel ten feet of snow off the street in front of their house and then have to build a mini-fort out of folding chairs and rakes to protect it.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jason P said:

Classic!

George is the man
  • unsungunsung I stopped by on March 7 2024. First time in many years, had to update payment info. Hope all is well. Politicians suck. Bye. Posts: 9,487
    I remember his vm rant at his daughter.  He’s nuts.
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

People here will swoop around you almost every time when you try to parallel park the right way.  One of our city cops nearly bashed into my wife a few weeks ago while she was parallel parking downtown.  Brilliant, huh!

Maybe your wife was trying to parallel park the same time the fresh doughnuts were to be restocked at the local coffee shop.  LOL.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    edited November 2018
    trivia: He's the narrator in The Royal Tenenbaums
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    brianlux said:
    njnancy said:
    mace1229 said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:

Maybe your wife was trying to parallel park the same time the fresh doughnuts were to be restocked at the local coffee shop.  LOL.
    Stop it!  You're making me salivate!  :lol:

• my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Jason P said:

Classic!

George is the man