The Vessel in Hudson Yards and early entry to the top!

https://www.6sqft.com/sign-up-for-early-tickets-to-climb-hudson-yards-vessel-next-spring/

If you live in NYC or the surrounding area you know about Hudson Yards and the staircase to nowhere know as the Vessel.

Above is a link to try and get early access to it.  I'm down for missing work for the day to trek up those steps!

Is anybody else interested in this?

When we did some work down there we all talked about the stairway.  Pretty cool looking.

Image result for the vessel

Comments

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    https://www.6sqft.com/sign-up-for-early-tickets-to-climb-hudson-yards-vessel-next-spring/

If you live in NYC or the surrounding area you know about Hudson Yards and the staircase to nowhere know as the Vessel.

Above is a link to try and get early access to it.  I'm down for missing work for the day to trek up those steps!

When we did some work down there we all talked about the stairway.  Pretty cool looking.

Looks cool.  I take it that's an artists conception.  Maybe post us some photos if you go!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• @brianlux

I will sure to!!!

Brian the actual structure looks just like this.  We joked around and called it the "road to nowhere" for a reason.
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096

I signed up for the early access to know about tickets thing. 
  • WobbieWobbie Posts: 29,382
    pretty cool. the kind of thing trump couldn’t “get” in a thousand years.
    If I had known then what I know now...

Vegas 93, Vegas 98, Vegas 00 (10 year show), Vegas 03, Vegas 06
    VIC 07
    EV LA1 08
    Seattle1 09, Seattle2 09, Salt Lake 09, LA4 09
    Columbus 10
    EV LA 11
    Vancouver 11
    Missoula 12
    Portland 13, Spokane 13
    St. Paul 14, Denver 14
    Philly I & II, 16
    Denver 22

I'm sure fear of heights wouldn't be a problem whatsoever. :fearful:
    Wobbie said:
    pretty cool. the kind of thing trump couldn’t “get” in a thousand years.
    There would be an obnoxious GOLD TRUMP on it - ruin the entire experience for everyone. 
  • SD48277SD48277 Woodstock, NY Posts: 12,242
    Thank you for the heads up about this. Signed up for the early access ticket. 
    ELITIST FUK
  • njnancy said:

I signed up for the early access to know about tickets thing. 
    SD48277 said:
    Thank you for the heads up about this. Signed up for the early access ticket. 
    I look forward to seeing both of u then!

Halts Maul!!!
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Did anyone get tickets for this yet? I know Nancy did.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Looks awesome.  We built some of the retail space out for clients, the entire complex is staggering in scale.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    Looks awesome.  We built some of the retail space out for clients, the entire complex is staggering in scale.
    My company did part of the newer subway entrance across the street so I got to watch the whole area get built.

When I first saw the Vessel I had no idea what it was.  None of the guys knew what it was either, lol.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    We walked High Line to The Standard one night in January and it was staggering to walk at that level & see what has already been done and then to read about what it will turn into.  I look forward to walking the Vessel as well!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yup - I have tickets for two different dates. I think you just go on a list, I don't think you get actual tickets - like with the 9/11 Memorial. But I'll let you guys know if I get any physical tickets . 

The strange part of it is my mom grew up in that area of Chelsea - right by the High Line and we've driven past her old home and surrounding streets years ago, but I've never done the High Line, something I've wanted to do. 

Looking forward to finally seeing this thing in person.