Comments

• mcgruff10 said:
    I m feeling nothing for today. 
    I'm fine with that.
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Though it would be a nice gesture if Santos could release the Berlin to help give a “consolation prize” to people who missed out yesterday 

HA ... I bet 75% of the Roma winners also get a Berlin anyway.
  • BF89905BF89905 Posts: 1,335
    I’m thinking I’m the only only one who really just doesn’t like the Rome poster.
    I don't care for it either but tons of people want it....so I want it
    As incredibly detailed as Emek's work always is.... The large central inclusion of skeletons on his Roma poster rendered me uninterested, as I don't ever equate Pearl Jam's music with skeletons and/or skulls. To each their own.
  • EBodEBod Posts: 216
    whats everyone thinking of dropings
    today

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    mcgruff10 said:
    yeah...lots of posters to deal with from yesterday, two sell outs
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • leep75leep75 Posts: 265
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Though it would be a nice gesture if Santos could release the Berlin to help give a “consolation prize” to people who missed out yesterday 

You say that like it's a bad thing......

leep
  • EBodEBod Posts: 216
    edited October 2018
    when i get berlin on drop ill trade for a roma!
    let me know if interested!
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    leep75 said:
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

You say that like it's a bad thing......

Only if were saying its a “consolation prize” to the Rome losers. the Rich get richer kind of thing.
  • tubes10stubes10s Posts: 512
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Am I the only one here waiting for another unknown gold?
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    Dude. He had a sob story and had members here feeling bad for him. Some people almost sent him posters out of the goodness of their hearts only so he could turn around and flip them. I’m sorry but that crossed a line for me. He’s here actively knocking and complaining about flippers then does that? You might say he didn’t break a “rule” but to me he broke a moral rule. And then after he got caught he ran to the mods whining and begging them to close the very thread that he accidentally got caught in. 
    I've got no patience for his sob story either... I'm not saying that the dude isn't a royal asshat, I'm just saying that I see no reason for 10club to expect to have any say whatsoever with what happens to the posters after they sell them.  Especially when they know full well the frenzy over them that they are intentionally creating.  Like on2legs said, if they wanted a poster enforcement policy, they would have one.  
    8-31-98 - Raleigh
    8-3-00 - Virginia Beach
    4-16-03 - Charlotte
    5-27-06 - Camden 1
    5-28-06 - Camden 2
    5-30-06 - DC
    6-17-08 - Virginia Beach
    6-22-08 - DC
    5-13-10 - Bristow
    10-27-13 - Baltimore
    10-29-13 - Charlottesville
    4-18-16 - Hampton
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    Dude. He had a sob story and had members here feeling bad for him. Some people almost sent him posters out of the goodness of their hearts only so he could turn around and flip them. I’m sorry but that crossed a line for me. He’s here actively knocking and complaining about flippers then does that? You might say he didn’t break a “rule” but to me he broke a moral rule. And then after he got caught he ran to the mods whining and begging them to close the very thread that he accidentally got caught in. 
    I've got no patience for his sob story either... I'm not saying that the dude isn't a royal asshat, I'm just saying that I see no reason for 10club to expect to have any say whatsoever with what happens to the posters after they sell them.  Especially when they know full well the frenzy over them that they are intentionally creating.  Like on2legs said, if they wanted a poster enforcement policy, they would have one.  
    I got you. I guess it just bothers me more that they seem to be defending him. But whatever. 
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I got you. I guess it just bothers me more that they seem to be defending him. But whatever. 
    No one knows if anything was said to him through PM. I'm thinking there was. 
    But because people were giving him shit (maybe rightfully so), the threads got closed. I get it - but there's probably a lot behind the scenes we aren't aware of. 

He hasn't posted here in a while has he?
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    drfox said:
    mcgruff10 said:

the Rome was definitely a curve ball.

IMO, if there is/are posters that are particularly established as highly coveted like this Rome one, Berlin, Thomas Train, etc...  I think some sort of lottery/random selection system would be best and fair.  This is coming from someone who probably does a bit better than average when it comes to online sales.
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,055

But because people were giving him shit (maybe rightfully so), the threads got closed. I get it - but there's probably a lot behind the scenes we aren't aware of. 

I saw a post in the "Tomorrow's the 10th" thread this week.
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited October 2018
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:

He's probably flagging everything and that's why threads are closed. I can tell that I have not sent him a PM. Usually when someone is caught for something that is perceived as being wrong they try to lay low. I don't care if he sold posters he bought here, but don't try to fool us. 
    Like I said I sympathized up to the time he was caught.
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I must have missed the thread where he was caught flipping - or any follow up since then....can't say that I miss the inane questions though!
  • lotsalemonlotsalemon Boston Posts: 2,734
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I must have missed the thread where he was caught flipping - or any follow up since then....can't say that I miss the inane questions though!
    Yeah...they were a little *too* obvious at times. 
    Either way I'm glad he got called out. One less sketchy person to buy/trade with. 
    Mansfield 06.28.2008 | Boston 05.17.2010 | Boston 06.19.2011 EV solo | Wrigley Field 07.19.2013 | Worcester 10.15.2013 | Worcester 10.16.2013 | Hartford 10.25.2013
    Vancouver 12.04.2013 | Seattle 12.06.2013 | Memphis 10.14.2014 | Quebec City 05.05.2016 | Ottawa 05.08.2016 | Toronto 05.11.2016 | Boston 08.05.2016 | Boston 08.07.2016 | Amsterdam 06.12.2018 | Boston 09.02.2018 | Boston 09.04.2018

• Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    Dammit Santos, this poster was gonna pay for my Florida trip when I flipped it!!!!
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • Peasant TentsPeasant Tents UK Posts: 834
    MAKE MORE
    This
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    Rome arrived today safe and sound. Looks amazing. Thanks Santos! =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Anyone else receive their Rome yet? My tracking hasn’t updated since the 13th of October.
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    Got Rome in NJ yesterday.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328
    Holy cow!! Took only 15 days to arrive to Canada, with no custom fees. Huzzah!!!  =) 

• MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Ohana is a beautiful print.  I love mine. 
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Milestone said:
    Ohana is a beautiful print.  I love mine. 
    Me too. I´m delighted with it.
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.