10club you didn't listen on the tickets. Please listen on your clothing quality

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    PJ_Soul said:
    I would have expected the commemorative tix to look exactly like normal tix - I would have hoped for nothing special. But that's just me.
    I totally agree about the clothes though, and if it hasn't been mentioned already.... the women's clothing is terrible. Bad sizing, and horribly placed emblems. No woman wants a crest directly on top of her nipple.
    What about an arrow pointed toward the 'Deep'?
    :lol: Another good example!
    As a guy, I don't wear that shirt either.  Not sure what the idea was there...
    At least the arrow isn't on the back. :lol:
    Not sure how true this story is or if Eddie was just joking but a friend of mine waited night 2 after Fenway for Eddie to come out. They waited night one as well but did not get to see him. Anyways like 4:00am in the morning he finally comes out and is pretty drunk I guess. The guy standing next to my friend says hi to Eddie and Eddie looks at him and says hey I designed that shirt. It was the Deep shirt.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    My pj20 shirt is still holding up after countless washes and drys. Low heat and cold water are the key. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    edited October 2018
    what I meant is the email sent out said you guys asked we listened. I didn't expect a plain ticket that I get with every other show I buy for. And as for the shirts I know how to wash clothes. The problem is they are so thin and my true to size. My Boston shirts have already faded and riped. Montana bear shirt is all messed up on the collar.  The white one was made with the old style Gliden shirts which to this day are still holding up. Hell even the boot leg shirts you buy from other shows are made with beefy Haines t-shirts
    People asked for a hard copy of the e tickets and they delivered.  I’m totally missing what the complaint is here. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mace1229 said:
    When I read the description I remember thinking it was exactly as if TM had printed them out. Nothing different or special. And that’s why it was $2, because that was the ticket printing fee or something.
    And the whole point was to have something for those who didn’t like only have e-tickets. So isn’t the fact they are exactly like every other ticket the whole purpose anyway?
    I have 2 long sleeve T's from the Yield era that I wash in warm water and put in the dryer.  They both are in fantastic condition, almost new really.

My 2015 GCF shirt is cracking...One of my 2013 Wrigley shirts is ok and one is cracking too.
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    on2legs said:
    what I meant is the email sent out said you guys asked we listened. I didn't expect a plain ticket that I get with every other show I buy for. And as for the shirts I know how to wash clothes. The problem is they are so thin and my true to size. My Boston shirts have already faded and riped. Montana bear shirt is all messed up on the collar.  The white one was made with the old style Gliden shirts which to this day are still holding up. Hell even the boot leg shirts you buy from other shows are made with beefy Haines t-shirts
    People asked for a hard copy of the e tickets and they delivered.  I’m totally missing what the complaint is here. 
    I could of sworn somewhere in the order process it showed a blankish looking TM ticket.   I fully expected these to look like a standard ticket.

They were only $2 plus shipping.  It's not much different than the 3.50 TM tacks on your order to mail out hard copies.

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    Why would you want a commemorative ticket stub?   I would want one that looks like an actual ticket stub.  
    My Citifield HR Derby ticket was a commemorative ticket and looked like an actual ticket but was also flashier so it was "commemorative".  It sure was pretty too.

Stop being difficult...

Damn it...
    Not being difficult.  Just stating my opinion.  I am not one that gets excited about colored vinyl, variants, or special editions.  They are gimmicks to suck money from people.  

The ticket stub says “you were there”.  The commerative stub says “I paid money after the fact for this piece of paper.”
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Zod said:
    on2legs said:
    I could of sworn somewhere in the order process it showed a blankish looking TM ticket.   I fully expected these to look like a standard ticket.

They were only $2 plus shipping.  It's not much different than the 3.50 TM tacks on your order to mail out hard copies.

Yeah there was sample pics.  The exact reason I didn’t get them.  Didn’t care to get a made up fake ticket for $2.  They should have made cool ones, at the very least like those lightning bolt ones from 2013 or 2014.

I think OP totally has a fair complaint. most of the t shirts are thin, the logos and art are printed off center, they fade quick.  They’re just cheap, and it’s not hard to see.  Sure, you can coddle them and tuck the clothes in at night and sing to them when you take them off to keep them looking good, but it’s a band T-shirt- it should be able to take a beating and still be fine.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    edited October 2018
    Shirts definitely aren’t worth $35 but they have a monopoly.
  • evenflowmanevenflowman Posts: 1,345
    I was speaking of my 2016 as well ripped in the sleeve and faded. As have others I have purchased. You can't honestly tell me those thin see shirts aren't horrible quality 
  • HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    $35 t-shirts aren't exclusive to Pearl Jam.  Every band, sports team, athletic company, etc all sell overpriced t-shirts.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I have 100+ shirts from a long time span and the one thing that is consistent is that they don't go in the dryer.  Even one dry seems to shrink them significantly.
    Not a very common problem for them to fade much or break.
    Some of them over the years are truly comfortable, some suck.

The Deep/Eddie story is funny.  I washed once and tried on but have never worn that shirt.  Think it will live next to the shirt that has the little girl playing with the gun in it.  "2 out of 3 kids prefer..." 
    Never wearing that either.

October is HWeen shirt month and they all held up great.  

Clearly I enjoy PJ shirts.  No real complaints other than the annoyance at having to buy so many after the fact or trade for them.  Not enough stock at shows and I'm not waiting in those long lines for anything.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    I wash and dry my shirts and the only abuse they get is from actually wearing them.  I can't imagine hang-drying all my laundry.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I wash and dry my shirts and the only abuse they get is from actually wearing them.  I can't imagine hang-drying all my laundry.
    At first it was annoying but my wife hangs her stuff and once I got in the swing of it I hang all jerseys, dri-fit, and concert ts...and it doesn't seem to bug me any longer.

edited October 2018
    Like many guys, I wash in bulk and this helps me to not overload the dryer.  Bonus!  ;)
    Dry clean any polos, sweaters, slacks, suits, etc...so am used to splitting everything up as I take it off.  Different ways to keep the clothing lasting as long as I can.
    Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    At first it was annoying but my wife hangs her stuff and once I got in the swing of it I hang all jerseys, dri-fit, and concert ts...and it doesn't seem to bug me any longer.

I just don't have the time or space.  One thing I have gotten in the practice of is turning t-shirts with graphics inside out while washing/drying.  It seems to prevent to graphics from cracking/peeling.
    Whatever it takes and works for you.  Sizing is definitely inconsistent but it just means some get worn and some do not based on how many wings or pizzas I'm eating or not eating.
    Most of these t shirts are PJ.

Daaaaaang son!  There are about 3-4x as many shirts in that picture alone as I own total.
    I have a dresser full in my room (well 3 drawers, the other two hold socks and actual drawers)
    Have a big walk in closet in the master bedroom but that is reserved for my wife
      My closet is pretty small and in the guest room
    You can tell who wears the pants in my house.
    (And who wears the PJ shirts)
  • D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,766
    JM55546 said:
    If your Boston shirts have already faded and ripped then no you do not know how to wash or wear clothes. 

My green Boston 2016 fell apart after two washes. The lettering cracked and looks awful. Other than that all the others which I don’t dry as well are great including my blue 2000 monkey shirt. Maybe my 2016 was defective though. 
    That’s crazy.  My green Boston 2016 is only now starting to fade and have washed it probably 25 times 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • willbarclaywillbarclay Ottawa, Canada Posts: 3,298
    on2legs said:

Isn’t that a Ziggy?

Image result for jay peterman

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    JM55546 said:
    If your Boston shirts have already faded and ripped then no you do not know how to wash or wear clothes. 

My green Boston 2016 fell apart after two washes. The lettering cracked and looks awful. Other than that all the others which I don’t dry as well are great including my blue 2000 monkey shirt. Maybe my 2016 was defective though. 
    I wear mine often and I put it in the dryer, and it still looks great. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    American men are notorious for washing and drying everything on high heat.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    no drying in the dryer. that's rule #1 I learned from this old Hippie that used to wear cool vintage shirts. I asked him about them and he said they were originals that he got at shows back in the 70s. He would hand wash then hang to dry. The shirts looked as great as the day he bought them. I wish I would've known this back in the day. When I lived at home with my parents, my mom did all the laundry. she dried everything for the most part. some of my PJ 1995/96 tour shirts are a little faded. I have "retired" them now anyway. They are in a great big tote in storage. that tote is a trunk of funk. lots of valuable shirts in there.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    The only problem I have with the shirts is they are sized for like European pre-teens. I'm like halfway between L and XL (depending on the brand and material), but with PJ shirts if I go XL it doesn't fit after a couple washes. So I have to go XXL and try to shrink it as much as I can. Which isn't good for the shirt.
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    on2legs said:

Isn’t that a Ziggy?

Image result for jay peterman

HAHA!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • MKSNYCMKSNYC NYC Posts: 323
    My two tix are now up on the fridge and they are a nice reminder and work for me!
  • northerndragonnortherndragon somewhere, nowhere, anywhere Posts: 9,728
    I like the deep shirt. I wear it in my regular ph shirt rotation. I also find it funny that the new shirts have the emblem right on the nipple. But I'm twisted like that. 
    I also like the thinner shirts PJ has been selling. I hate those super thick, makes a girl feel like she's wearing a box tshirts. No issues with fit or wear. I do wash on cold and hang to dry.

Anything you lose from being honest
    You never really had to begin with.

Sometimes it's not the song that makes you emotional it's the people and things that come to your mind when you hear it.
  • nm219369nm219369 Posts: 204
    on2legs said:

Isn’t that a Ziggy?
    I thought Elaine wrote that
  • B-GirlB-Girl Posts: 105
    Didn't the tag say "commemorative ticket"?  If it is commemorative you'd have thought it'd be something different than a regular ticket so I get that gripe.  

As for the clothing I agree too.  The clothing from the past few tours has been getting more cheaply made and yet still the same price.  New EV Ohana hat and Home Shows zip up hoodie are two items that immediately come to mind.  I only bought the setlist shirts this year because the quality on everything else didn't seem too good.

This years Halloween shirt is an exception.  It's of good quality. A+ on that.

The Global Citizens Festival hats were made great.  Those have been the best looking and quality hats in a while now.

The ticket is commemorative because it can not and did not get anyone into the show. It commemorates the show. If the tag said band art (or image) commemorative ticket I'd see that point.

The sellers had an image on the purchase page so potential buyers clearly understood what was for sale.

Regarding poor quality shirts, this is what America is up against in a post tariff world.

Thank you....someone who knows what "commemorative" means.  Contrary to belief, commemorative does not mean super fancy, gold leafed, exquisite, and out of the ordinary version of your ticket.  It means....."you want a ticket to show your buddies that you went....here ya go".  Simple, and since this is what we would have gotten if we had a hard ticket in the first place, then it kind of solves the problem of not having a hard ticket in the beginning....which is what we were complaining about.  So yeah, we asked for hard tickets, and we got hard tickets.  Sounds like they listened.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    my analog t shirt smartest one for a long while but it is thin as fuck
    danny d