Eddie Vedder is the GOAT!

demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328

Eddie Vedder goes out of his way to make my best friends dream come true! https://imgur.com/gallery/K3Io3QJ

So a few years back my best friend had a once in a lifetime moment. He manages a store in central FL, so one day he noticed a woman shopping... And here's what happened.

He always is playing PJ in the store, as he and I are both die hard PJ fans. He recognized this woman, but couldn't recall from where. While ringing her up he decided to check her ID, sure he enough, it's Eddie Vs wife, whom we had seen on stage at a show. He asked her, and she smiled and confirmed it was her. Hearing PJ playing in the shop, they struck up a conversation and she hinted she would tell Eddie and maybe he'd come say hi.

Eddie shows up around dinner but my friend wasn't there, Eddie wrote him a note and said he'd try and come back. My friend races back to the store, but he left. Sure enough Eddie V showed up again a few hours later and here are pictures to show what happened.

Eddie couldn't have been cooler... Posing for pics, signing stuff, and talking to my boy like he's a normal guy just hanging out. My boy was star struck as most of us would be, and Eddie ends up getting his address and number, saying he'll be sending over a little something for him!

Long story short, he got a box set signed an all, amazing pictures, personalized art and a hand shake and hug from our favorite singer ever.

What a cool guy. To take the time to go say hello not once but twice on vacation... we already loved him but how many rock icons or famous people would do that?!

We love you Eddie and Pearl Jam!

Thanks for being the best!

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,328

• Isn’t this the greatest hug you ever saw? So much love!
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Thanks for sharing. Can Ed be Any cooler?! What a guy!
  • Probably, Ed and Bruce Dickinson are the coolest. It seems to me..
    26/ 05/ 00 -Velodomo Anoeta -San Sebastián.
    02/ 09/ 06 -Azkena Rock Festival- Vitoria -Gasteiz.
    09/ 07/ 10 - BBK live -Bilbao.
    10/ 07/ 18 -Palau Sant jordi -Barcelona.

• curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Very nice. Props to Jill for making it happen.
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,692
    Too. Fucking. Cool. How awesome would that be?

I like how he signed so many items. I notice many of them say "To David" and many others simply have his autograph. I can't help but to wonder if the items with signature only were meant for your friend to sell/give away as some sort of way for his record store to make more money? That would be even more awesome sauce. 
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    As if we needed any more evidence...:lol:
    Seriously, this is so cool.  Happy to hear of this.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    GOAT is an understatement. Awesome! 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    Suzyntheq said:
    Isn’t this the greatest hug you ever saw? So much love!

• Ray J. T.Ray J. T. Posts: 3,857
    This is fucking awesome. What a really cool story. Greatest band ever. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,378
    The coolest thing to me is that he took time to go back again and meet your friend after he missed him the first time.  Who does that?

great story.  Thanks for sharing =)
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• crookedcrosscrookedcross Right Near Da Beach, Boiii Posts: 1,417
    That's a love hug.  Amazing!
  • mwplummwplum Posts: 1,501
    Incredible! As it's been pointed out, who does that??? The man lives his life giving back in so many ways, it's quite astonishing and certainly something that we should all aspire to practice in our own lives (random acts of kindness).
    1992-07-21 Vancouver
    1993-9-4 Vancouver
    1996-9-16 Seattle
    1998-7-19 Vancouver, 7-21 Seattle, Memorial Stadium
    2000-11-6 Seattle
    2001-10-22 Seattle
    2002 -12-09 Seattle
    2009-8-17 Manchester, 9-25 Vancouver
    2011-6-16 Seattle (EV), 9-3/4 PJ20, 9-25 Vancouver
    2012-6-27 Amsterdam (#2!)
    2013-11-29 Portland, 12-4 Vancouver, 12-6 Seattle
    2014-AUS - 1-26 Sydney, 1-31 Adelaide, 2-11/12 EV Sydney State Theatre, 2-13 EV Opera House
    2014 - USA - Memphis, Detroit, MOLINE, St. Paul, MILWAUKEE, Denver, 25/26 Bridge School
    2016 - Lexington, Philly x 2, MSG x 2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Toronto x 2, Pemberton, Fenway x 2, Wrigley x 2
    2018 - Seattle x 2, Missoula, Fenway x 2
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    awesome!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    Ed is adorable.
  • dannydanny Posts: 2,269
    ed is god and the band goat
    danny d
  • Just beautiful 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • OC34NSOC34NS On The Beach... Posts: 17
    what an absolute success at being a human. Seriously, Eddie leaves the most amazing wake. Eddie and the boys continue to make their fans proud to be fans...
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258
    That is so cool - although I would’ve been a blubbering star-struck fool if it was me. Ed would be like “why’d I make the effort to come back to see this guy?” :lol:
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Wow!! So awesome!
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • KC2917KC2917 Posts: 870
    The dude brings such a human element to being a rockstar. What a cool story! I love how 28 years later, I’m still reminded regularly why I’ve always loved this band on such a personal level. 
  • njnancynjnancy Northern New Jersey Posts: 5,096
    What an amazing experience for a fan. And what a great human being Eddie is. :heart:
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    OC34NS said:
    what an absolute success at being a human. Seriously, Eddie leaves the most amazing wake. Eddie and the boys continue to make their fans proud to be fans...
    Well said!
  • JammalamboJammalambo Posts: 1,321
    KC2917 said:
    The dude brings such a human element to being a rockstar. What a cool story! I love how 28 years later, I’m still reminded regularly why I’ve always loved this band on such a personal level.
    Eddie is a rocker, not a rockstar  :)
  • RYANPB999RYANPB999 Coventry, Rhode Island Posts: 542
    So fucking cool
    Having tasted, a life wasted, I'm never going back again!
  • What a great story!  
  • Great Great Story. 
    Im proud to be a fan of Ed and family.  Really cool of Jill.  

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    I am a really big fan too.  I am going to  message my address to Ed and Jill
  • kaseylilykaseylily Michigan, USA Posts: 259
    Smellyman said:
    I am a really big fan too.  I am going to  message my address to Ed and Jill
    Lol