Eddie Cure Epilepsy Benefit 10/15/18 Chicago

2»

Comments

• PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited October 2018
    Just came back from the show and thought I should do this. Unforgettable evening for a fantastic cause...If @Sea wants to make a thread out of this or edit it then go right ahead...

***EV CURE Epilepsy Benefit Chicago IL 10/15/2018 Fanviews Here***

Eddie Vedder
    Cure Benefit Show
    Navy Pier Aon Ballroom
    Show Set List
    October 15, 2018

01. Keep Me In Your Heart (Calderon, Zevon)
    Porch (Tease of beginning lyrics directed toward sign language interpreter so Ed can see "Fuck" in ASL)
    02. Rise
    (Ed mentions David Axelrod and thanks him for fighting a great cause, helping elect the greatest president of his lifetime, and inviting him. He dedicates next song to the power of Mothers, especially those fighting the disease of epilepsy in their children)
    03. Just Breathe
    (Introduces other musical guest Nils Lofgren back onstage and tells about hearing the next song for the first time, and dedicates it (obviously) to E Street Saxophonist Clarence Clemons)
    04. Miss You, C (With Nils Lofgren)
    05. Rockin' In The Free World (Young) with Nils Lofgren and Miguel Cervantes
    (Ed invites the Misericordia Heartzingers Choir back onstage and thanks all of the great musicians for tremendous performances and once again thanks everyone for coming to the event)
    06. Hard Sun (Peterson) with Nils Lofgren, Miguel Cervantes, and the Misericordia Heartzingers Choir

To find out more about and support this amazing foundation, check out the link below:
    https://www.cureepilepsy.org/get-involved/donate
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,876
    edited October 2018
    Great post with complete info. Thank you!

I think you're missing a number before Porch, so 7 total songs? Or was it just the first line?
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
    Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • 3days3days Posts: 1,151
    Thanks for the setlist... Sounds like a fun one!
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    edited October 2018

I think you're missing a number before Porch, so 7 total songs? Or was it just the first line?
    It was just a tease of just about the first line, not full song so I didn't count it. Almost as enjoyable though considering it was solo!
    Post edited by PJWGIII on
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,318
    edited October 2018
    PJWGIII said:
    Just came back from the show and thought I should do this. Unforgettable evening for a fantastic cause...If @Sea wants to make a thread out of this or edit it then go right ahead...

***EV CURE Epilepsy Benefit Chicago IL 10/15/2018 Fanviews Here***

Eddie Vedder
    Cure Benefit Show
    Navy Pier Aon Ballroom
    Show Set List
    October 15, 2018

01. Keep Me In Your Heart (Calderon, Zevon)
    Porch (Tease of beginning lyrics directed toward sign language interpreter so Ed can see "Fuck" in ASL)
    02. Rise
    (Ed mentions David Axelrod and thanks him for fighting a great cause, helping elect the greatest president of his lifetime, and inviting him. He dedicates next song to the power of Mothers, especially those fighting the disease of epilepsy in their children)
    03. Just Breathe
    (Introduces other musical guest Nils Lofgren back onstage and tells about hearing the next song for the first time, and dedicates it (obviously) to E Street Saxophonist Clarence Clemons)
    04. Miss You, C (With Nils Lofgren)
    05. Rockin' In The Free World (Young) with Nils Lofgren and Miguel Cervantes
    (Ed invites the Misericordia Heartzingers Choir back onstage and thanks all of the great musicians for tremendous performances and once again thanks everyone for coming to the event)
    06. Hard Sun (Peterson) with Nils Lofgren, Miguel Cervantes, and the Misericordia Heartzingers Choir

To find out more about and support this amazing foundation, check out the link below:
    https://www.cureepilepsy.org/get-involved/donate
    Thank you!!
    edited October 2018

Post edited by Sea on
    edited October 2018
    Post edited by demetrios on
  • I was at the event as well and that was a great recap.  I did not realize how devastating Epilepsy is for so many families.  Nils Lofgren did a great set and then Miguel Cervantes and his lovely wife Kelly delivered a heartbreaking talk about their daughter.  Miguel helped them raise about $500K in 20 minutes from the people in the room and then Ed came out. The Porch tease was really a fun moment - basically Ed just wanted to see how she signed Fuck.  Just Breathe was perfectly suited for this event.  Nils pulled out an electric guitar for Rockin' in the Free World and they really cut loose.  Miguel Cervantes took a verse and looked like he was having a great time.  Overall the event was extremely well done and struck a good balance between education, fund raiser, and entertainment.  
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    No vid of keep me in your heart?
  • RS65573RS65573 Posts: 2,359
    What is miss you? The Rolling Stones cover???  
  • It's Miss You C -a Nils Lofgren song written for Clarence Clemons.  Was a really nice duet with Ed and Nils
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    PJWGIII said:

It was just a tease of just about the first line, not full song so I didn't count it. Almost as enjoyable though considering it was solo!
    EV Porch Solo in Phoenix in 2012 was Fucking Amazing
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
  • JM55546JM55546 Posts: 128
    I was at the event as well and that was a great recap.  I did not realize how devastating Epilepsy is for so many families.  Nils Lofgren did a great set and then Miguel Cervantes and his lovely wife Kelly delivered a heartbreaking talk about their daughter.  Miguel helped them raise about $500K in 20 minutes from the people in the room and then Ed came out. The Porch tease was really a fun moment - basically Ed just wanted to see how she signed Fuck.  Just Breathe was perfectly suited for this event.  Nils pulled out an electric guitar for Rockin' in the Free World and they really cut loose.  Miguel Cervantes took a verse and looked like he was having a great time.  Overall the event was extremely well done and struck a good balance between education, fund raiser, and entertainment.  

Kelly is a good friend of mine from college and I’ve not talked to them over the last few years but her and Miguel are awesome people and really selfless. I was texting with her today and they’re pushing through. I can’t push enough to donate to CURE and help them and others out. It’s a cause that doesn’t get nearly enough headlines. Great people for a great cause. Please donate!