psst...10/10/2018

Comments

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    Am I the only one here waiting for another unknown gold?
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    Dude. He had a sob story and had members here feeling bad for him. Some people almost sent him posters out of the goodness of their hearts only so he could turn around and flip them. I’m sorry but that crossed a line for me. He’s here actively knocking and complaining about flippers then does that? You might say he didn’t break a “rule” but to me he broke a moral rule. And then after he got caught he ran to the mods whining and begging them to close the very thread that he accidentally got caught in. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    mace1229 said:
    tubes10s said:
    I think they would absolutely have a right to complain, because I think that 10club makes intentional choices and fuels the fire that creates the demand for limited items that entice flippers. I don't see how you can offer something in limited numbers, knowing full well that WAY more people want that item than you have to offer, and then have the nerve to say, " now now children... don't go out there and resell that item to the highest bidder.  Just ignore the inflated value that we've intentionally chosen to build into the item."  Especially after we're spending so much time trying to catch poster drops, etc.  

Add to that... there seems to be a magical time frame where selling posters above $35 turns from "boo flipper!" into "great price!"  

As much as anyone hates to admit it... if flippers weren't paying attention to Pearl Jam posters, then the posters that we all love to collect would have a LOT less value, and be a lot less collectible.  
    And that all makes total sense. But my question is why apply that logic to posters and not tickets? Or do you feel the same for tickets too?
    There's an inflated market for most PJ shows too. So I think the same argument can apply if one wanted to make it.
    I'll admit I was tempted to sell my wife's GA ticket to Wrigley 2013 after I saw some listed for 2k (never considered selling mine! We would have split it and she would have been happier with a 1k spending spree on shoes), but the clear rules and the fear of being caught made me not even seriously consider it. Had there been no policy we probably would have at least thought about it.
    Not hard to figure out what the difference is between tickets and posters.  The band didn’t take a stand against poster flipping and testify before Congress about posters.  From the beginning of time they have been about keeping tickets affordable. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    No. Screw him. It’ll just the thread closed. He’s deemed untouchable by the mods for some reason. Even after being caught immediately flipping posters. 
    You say "caught" like he broke a rule.  10club could just as easily say, "Not For Hanging on White Walls" on the sale pages.  Damn all these white-wallers buying up all the posters!  :)  Once the posters are sold, what happens with the poster is 100% out of their hands.  Here's a question.... the posters are all sold as "As-Is.  No Refunds.  No Exchanges."  How do you sell something "as-is" and offer no refunds or exchanges, but at the same time pretend to have a say over what the buyer can do with the poster after the posters are sold?  
    Dude. He had a sob story and had members here feeling bad for him. Some people almost sent him posters out of the goodness of their hearts only so he could turn around and flip them. I’m sorry but that crossed a line for me. He’s here actively knocking and complaining about flippers then does that? You might say he didn’t break a “rule” but to me he broke a moral rule. And then after he got caught he ran to the mods whining and begging them to close the very thread that he accidentally got caught in. 

It was painfully obvious what he was doing the day he turned up asking 100 questions about posters and complaining about flippers.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,640
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:

It was painfully obvious what he was doing the day he turned up asking 100 questions about posters and complaining about flippers.  
    Haaa. Very true. The best when he was asking if there any other bands who’s posters sell as much as PJ. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tubes10s said:
    I think they would absolutely have a right to complain, because I think that 10club makes intentional choices and fuels the fire that creates the demand for limited items that entice flippers. I don't see how you can offer something in limited numbers, knowing full well that WAY more people want that item than you have to offer, and then have the nerve to say, " now now children... don't go out there and resell that item to the highest bidder.  Just ignore the inflated value that we've intentionally chosen to build into the item."  Especially after we're spending so much time trying to catch poster drops, etc.  

Add to that... there seems to be a magical time frame where selling posters above $35 turns from "boo flipper!" into "great price!"  

As much as anyone hates to admit it... if flippers weren't paying attention to Pearl Jam posters, then the posters that we all love to collect would have a LOT less value, and be a lot less collectible.  
    And that all makes total sense. But my question is why apply that logic to posters and not tickets? Or do you feel the same for tickets too?
    There's an inflated market for most PJ shows too. So I think the same argument can apply if one wanted to make it.
    I'll admit I was tempted to sell my wife's GA ticket to Wrigley 2013 after I saw some listed for 2k (never considered selling mine! We would have split it and she would have been happier with a 1k spending spree on shoes), but the clear rules and the fear of being caught made me not even seriously consider it. Had there been no policy we probably would have at least thought about it.
    Not hard to figure out what the difference is between tickets and posters.  The band didn’t take a stand against poster flipping and testify before Congress about posters.  From the beginning of time they have been about keeping tickets affordable. 
    Agreed. I think the difference has been made beyond clear for over 25 years.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:

Haaa. Very true. The best when he was asking if there any other bands who’s posters sell as much as PJ. 

Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • NeutralMilkHotelNeutralMilkHotel Chicago Posts: 97
    If anyone has an extra Rome poster (I understand how unlikely this is) send me a PM. I have a few rare-ish posters I would be willing to trade.
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    tubes10s said:
    pjl44 said:
    tubes10s said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    They have a say in the sense that it could impact your current or future orders. Like canceling if it hasn't shipped yet, preventing you from buying posters in the future, or revoking your membership if they're particularly chapped about it.

I'd think there has to be consequences in a cut-and-dried case like this, otherwise why bother even taking the time to peck out "not for resale."
    If they want to have an opinion on what someone does with the poster after it's sold, then I think it's perfectly reasonable to expect for there to be a better refund/exchange policy.  If they get a say in what happens to the poster after it's sold, then the buyer should too.  :)

Take today for example.  Isn't it obvious where the 10+ new Rome posters that went for sale on ebay within minutes of them selling out here came from?  Is there ever any effort to find out who those folks are, and revoke those memberships?    
    I definitely hear ya on the exchange policy, but would say it's a separate issue. I could see you reasonably holding that same position regardless of what the policy on resale is.

And you're probably more right than not on Rome. Although you could argue this is a very good time to list an SE - definitely a spike in demand today. It seems pretty hard to enforce the resale policy for just that reason - who's to say which of those posters were purchased at the show vs. through 10C. In the specific case we're discussing, though, the guy was caught dead to rights.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,335
    Shipping confirmation on Ben's Ohana print. Sweet!
  • demetrios said:
    Right on...another TenClub client who is happy about the Ohana print....mine is confirmed as well...we should start our own Psst 10/10/18 thread...to talk about how happy we are with our print and how resellers (?) raced out to sell them for $89....not $890 as some other poster (which will not be named in our thread) is being sold for....
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    So if I am counting correctly, we have seven 2018 left. 
    Ames Wrigley
    The Boston five
    berlin

any I am missing?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • BrothermoonBrothermoon West Kelowna, BC, Canada Posts: 475
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ames Wrigley
    The Boston five
    berlin

any I am missing?
    Klausen Wrigley?
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
    mcgruff10 said:
    Ames Wrigley
    The Boston five
    berlin

any I am missing?
    Klausen Wrigley?
    I don’t think Klausen made one for this years shows. 
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Was only hoping to get rome to trade for a Missoula (was there, second show ever), haven’t been able to find one at a reasonable price..oh well, hoping for berlin for some trade action
  • frisbiecfrisbiec Seattle, WA Posts: 112
    mfc2006 said:
    213 left as of 6:50 PM PST
    Remove yourself from comfort . . . all progress involves risk
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    I hate everyone 
  • rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    I hate everyone 
    me too
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tubes10s said:

They didn’t take a stand against ticket flipping either (not legally, against the individual, in front of congress anyway). Just the monopoly that was TM.
    Anyway, my point was if they can enforce the reselling ticket policy, why couldn’t they enforce a poster policy (if they wanted to). Which was my response to a claim  that no rules are being broken from flipping a poster and once you buy it they have no right to try and tell you what to do with it.
    I disagree with that. Now the effort it probably takes to try to enforce that is probably not worth it though.
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    tubes10s said:

They didn’t take a stand against ticket flipping either (not legally, against the individual, in front of congress anyway). Just the monopoly that was TM.
    Anyway, my point was if they can enforce the reselling ticket policy, why couldn’t they enforce a poster policy (if they wanted to). Which was my response to a claim  that no rules are being broken from flipping a poster and once you buy it they have no right to try and tell you what to do with it.
    I disagree with that. Now the effort it probably takes to try to enforce that is probably not worth it though.
    They don’t have a poster enforcement policy because they don’t want one.  If they wanted one they would have one. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    demetrios said:
    Does he send out shipping notice? Ive got nothng yet for the fenway poster and nothing on my order status to say that its shipped.
    Kearnsy
    I am not gutted or devistated. Just cant believe my bad luck yesterday. Have always seen the psst's with in minutes when they are posted. Yesterday, was the first time in months, I was out of the Office for a full day. In a long meeting, phone under the table. Saw the Ohana print pope up and passed, not really a fan of it. Refreshed  regularly afterwasrds. Maybe went 5 min without refreshing and it was there, in cart, payment info added and gone. Bummer
    Kearnsy
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    $50 posters are in our future 
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I’m thinking I’m the only only one who really just doesn’t like the Rome poster.
    I don't care for it either but tons of people want it....so I want it
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Kearn5y said:
    I am not gutted or devistated. Just cant believe my bad luck yesterday. Have always seen the psst's with in minutes when they are posted. Yesterday, was the first time in months, I was out of the Office for a full day. In a long meeting, phone under the table. Saw the Ohana print pope up and passed, not really a fan of it. Refreshed  regularly afterwasrds. Maybe went 5 min without refreshing and it was there, in cart, payment info added and gone. Bummer
    Same thing happened with me. Been checking the site constantly since end July. Only been the third time since then when I had a work commitment. Didn’t see it until it was too late
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    drfox said:
    Kearn5y said:
    Same thing happened with me. Been checking the site constantly since end July. Only been the third time since then when I had a work commitment. Didn’t see it until it was too late
    I actually had a 1045 appt come in and I made them wait....I was "on the phone"

If I wouldn't have been distracted with that appt I might have scored Rome....had it in cart and got hung up when I hit "Submit"
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    I m feeling nothing for today. 
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thinking the same
    Kearnsy
  • Kearn5y said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Thinking the same
    Classic diversion....what do you two know and when did you learn about it?
  • drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    mcgruff10 said:
    Same here. Though it would be a nice gesture if Santos could release the Berlin to help give a “consolation prize” to people who missed out yesterday