AlternativeNation.net vs. Pearl Jam

thispureamericanriotthispureamericanriot California Posts: 514
I've notice https://www.alternativenation.net/ seems to be "against" PJ. They tend to do unflattering stories and focus mainly on Seattle bands. What gives...? It's so weird - like this axe job on Ed's solo gig. Make it sounds like Ed is stock holder for Netjets?

https://www.alternativenation.net/eddie-vedder-play-corporate-gig-massive-company/

Comments

• And the comment sections always bash liberalism and any musician who is outspoken about politics who is left leaning.  All in all it isn't a site or a site comment section to take too seriously
  • kramer73kramer73 Posts: 2,594
    Don't even read that garbage.  The guy takes articles and makes them his own with click bait.  Stop wasting your time.
  • kramer73 said:
    Don't even read that garbage.  The guy takes articles and makes them his own with click bait.  Stop wasting your time.
     If he articles them and makes them readily available on one page, that seems to be saving time to me...
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    My fav is when they troll for comments on forums to find “news”
  • That site use to be amazing and now its always 1. days or week late on news 2. click bait  3. repeating their own stories  4. taking a single story and pulling out click bat on it for the next month.

I feel like when it was mostly Brett writing articles, it was pro-Pearl Jam with lots of PJ news. It has changed a lot and is now garbage.
  • "Pearl Jam fans reveal their thoughts about trash news site"
  • That site use to be amazing and now its always 1. days or week late on news 2. click bait  3. repeating their own stories  4. taking a single story and pulling out click bat on it for the next month.

I feel like when it was mostly Brett writing articles, it was pro-Pearl Jam with lots of PJ news. It has changed a lot and is now garbage.
    Yeah unfortunately this is the case

Back a few years ago when it was grungereport.net I used to frequent it daily but the change has been so dramatic and the overall rhetoric both in article content and comment section quality has decreased so much
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
    Yes! I have to stop myself from chiming in on those comment sections. I look at the site because they report on literally anything r nothing concerning PJ but they seem to use right-wing outrage as a way of getting traffic. If there are two things commenters on that sight can agree on it's that PJ's politics suck and Dave A rules. The site really is click bait garbage. LastStopOnTheWestCoastLine said:
    "Pearl Jam fans reveal their thoughts about trash news site" 

Hilariously spot-on. 
    Your light made us stars
  • Why even scroll down to the comments
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • nadahombrenadahombre Brooklyn Posts: 456
    www.alternativenation.net/ is nothing more than the gossip column for the "grunge" scene circa National enquirer
  • TheGhostTheGhost Posts: 534
    Why even scroll down to the comments
    Hard to look away from a trainwreck, but you are right. Comment sections are awful pretty much across the board. Especially awful on the site. 

Your light made us stars
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Warms my heart that so many of you care about journalist integrity.

i care bill murray GIF

www.cluthelee.com
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387
    edited October 2018

I disagree with those who think it used to be amazing... I thought it was garbage from the get go, even in the 'grunge report' days.

I wanted to like it, but it was just so God awful. The guy running it is a terrible writer & acts like a petulant child when called out on his clickbaiting nonsense.

This discussion has been closed.