ISO Pappy Van Winkle Bourbon

Comments

• Not a Pappy or even a whiskey but had to deal with this yesterday....

I've had it and still have a bottle left over.

This is a WONDERFUL cognac!
  • jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Here’s all the stuff I got for my birthday.....
    I have two bottles left......
    Nice work! Did you have a favorite? Or a disappointment? 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
  • BRAIN0FJAYBRAIN0FJAY Charleston, WV Posts: 989
    PP193448 said:
    Gotta try to score some Old Forrester Birthday and Four Roses Limited.  Let me know if anyone can snag extras.  Good luck with your hunt  this fall guys.  BTW, my neighbor got me to try Wild Turkey 17 year.  Damn good, so had to snag couple bottles locally.  Still had some on the shelf.  Might be hard to find, but if you do, it’s smooth.  
    The days of "extras" are long gone now...
    That's an understatement, unfortunately.  Hell, it is even true for several items that were commonly found on shelves not long ago.
    ...So much talk it makes no sense at all...
  • PP193448 said:
    Gotta try to score some Old Forrester Birthday and Four Roses Limited.  Let me know if anyone can snag extras.  Good luck with your hunt  this fall guys.  BTW, my neighbor got me to try Wild Turkey 17 year.  Damn good, so had to snag couple bottles locally.  Still had some on the shelf.  Might be hard to find, but if you do, it’s smooth.  
    That's an understatement, unfortunately.  Hell, it is even true for several items that were commonly found on shelves not long ago.
    Damn Blanton's is an allotment now...
  • bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    PP193448 said:
    Damn Blanton's is an allotment now...
    But it’s sooo good. 
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    I guess extras wouldn’t really be applicable to those.  You’re right.  How about just take your spouse or sibling with you to get my bottle when it’s 1 per customer?  :i_dunno:
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
  • buck502000buck502000 Birthplace of GIBSON guitar Posts: 8,951
    jeffbr said:
    The Makers and old forester were good - not a big fan of “peated” stuff. 
    jeffbr said:
    The Makers and old forester were good - not a big fan of “peated” stuff. 
    What was the stave selection on the Maker's Private Select? 
  • Thinking about purchasing this bottle. Think it’s worth it?

TC282314 said:
    Thinking about purchasing this bottle. Think it’s worth it?

Damn!
  • PP193448PP193448 Here Posts: 4,281
    TC282314 said:

Damn!
    Damn straight!  Over 1k per 1 ml.  That’s crazy money.  Only fluid that might ever fetch more for 1 ml might be Brad Pitts semen.
    2006 Clev,Pitt; 2008 NY MSGx2; 2010 Columbus; 2012 Missoula; 2013 Phoenix,Vancouver,Seattle; 2014 Cincy; 2016 Lex, Wrigley 1&2; 2018 Wrigley 1&2; 2022 Louisville
    PP193448 said:
    TC282314 said:

Damn!
    Damn straight!  Over 1k per 1 ml.  That’s crazy money.  Only fluid that might ever fetch more for 1 ml might be Brad Pitts semen.

If that's the case, I'll take the scotch.

Got a bottle of Weller 12 today. Looking forward to the right time to crack it open. 
    Cleaned out and restocked the upstairs cabinet this afternoon.  
    ^ Geez...that’s a serious stash you have there. Very impressive. 
    bbiggs said:
    Thanks.  Wife was out of town and I needed to make room in my downstairs bunker (so I can sneak my bourbon season finds in a little easier).  
    bbiggs said:
    Thanks.  Wife was out of town and I needed to make room in my downstairs bunker (so I can sneak my bourbon season finds in a little easier).  
    Lol. Nice work. I’m hounding my local liquor store weekly right now to make sure I get a nice bourbon season haul. Looking forward to the good ones coming up soon. 
    edited September 2018
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Lol. Nice work. I’m hounding my local liquor store weekly right now to make sure I get a nice bourbon season haul. Looking forward to the good ones coming up soon. 
    Not sure where you are, but in WV I’m expecting Parker’s Heriage any day now.  That should be followed by Four Roses 130th Limited Edition and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon...then Elijah Craig 18 and Barrell Proof...then Buffalo Trace Antique Collection and the Van Winkles...   Plus some randoms...  Fun, frustrating and expensive times...
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    Not sure where you are, but in WV I’m expecting Parker’s Heriage any day now.  That should be followed by Four Roses 130th Limited Edition and Old Forester Birthday Bourbon...then Elijah Craig 18 and Barrell Proof...then Buffalo Trace Antique Collection and the Van Winkles...   Plus some randoms...  Fun, frustrating and expensive times...
    I’m in the Chicago suburbs. From what I’m told we are expecting a similar release pattern. Im not sure if I’ll be at the front of the line for Pappy, but should have a shot at the rest. Although my local wasn’t sure if they’d get all of the BTAC (they said Eagle Rare 17 and Stagg for sure but they were unsure on the William Larue Weller. Those are the 3 I’m after. I’m hopeful I get one bottle of Pappy though. 
    I’m also hoping to grab a Michters toasted barrel. I hear good things. 
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I’m in the Chicago suburbs. From what I’m told we are expecting a similar release pattern. Im not sure if I’ll be at the front of the line for Pappy, but should have a shot at the rest. Although my local wasn’t sure if they’d get all of the BTAC (they said Eagle Rare 17 and Stagg for sure but they were unsure on the William Larue Weller. Those are the 3 I’m after. I’m hopeful I get one bottle of Pappy though. 
    I definitely prefer the BTAC bourbons - especially WLW - although Handy is solid.  I’d buy Saz 18 if I see it, too...but ER17, GTS, and WLW are far superior in my opinion.

According to my bourbon notebook, next week we should be seeing BTACs hit the shelves (or back rooms).  BOLO!  Let the fun begin.

Aside from BTACs, have you ever grabbed any Blaum Bros.?  Better yet, do you have access to it?  If so, I’d be willing to discuss a trade or buy...if you’d be willing.  It’s one of those things I won’t likely see in WV.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    I definitely prefer the BTAC bourbons - especially WLW - although Handy is solid.  I’d buy Saz 18 if I see it, too...but ER17, GTS, and WLW are far superior in my opinion.

According to my bourbon notebook, next week we should be seeing BTACs hit the shelves (or back rooms).  BOLO!  Let the fun begin.

Aside from BTACs, have you ever grabbed any Blaum Bros.?  Better yet, do you have access to it?  If so, I’d be willing to discuss a trade or buy...if you’d be willing.  It’s one of those things I won’t likely see in WV.
    Hey bud, I can get Blaum Bros. Sending you a PM. 
  • RS151862RS151862 Pittsburgh, PA Posts: 2,622
    If you’re in PA the BTAC lottery is open.. good luck. 

• Eagle Rare Bourbon 17 Year Old: 15 bottles (12 for individual consumers,
    3 for licensees)
                  • 
    Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old: 39 bottles (30 for individual consumers, 9 for licensees)
                  • William L. Weller Bourbon: 294 bottles (221 for individual consumers, 73 for licensees)
                  • Thomas H. Handy Sazerac Rye: 414 bottles (311 for individual consumers,
    103 for  licensees)

• George T. Stagg Bourbon: 894 bottles (671 for individual consumers, 223 for licensees)

Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022
    Apollo Theater 2022 • Chicago I 2023

• I want to try the eagle rare 17.  I heard it is amazing!
    I want to try the eagle rare 17.  I heard it is amazing!
    I won the Stagg last year. Just cracked it this weekend during a Myrtle golf trip. 
    Pittsburgh 1998 • Pittsburgh 2006 • 2012 Isle Of Wight Festival • 2012 Made In America Festival • Baltimore 2013 • Seattle 2013
    St. Paul 2014 • Mexico City 2015 • Philadelphia II 2016 • Ottawa 2016 • Amsterdam I & II 2018 • Wrigley Field II 2018 • Phoenix 2022

RS151862 said:

3 for licensees)
                  • 
    Sazerac Rye 18 Year Old: 39 bottles (30 for individual consumers, 9 for licensees)
                  • William L. Weller Bourbon: 294 bottles (221 for individual consumers, 73 for licensees)
    103 for  licensees)

• George T. Stagg Bourbon: 894 bottles (671 for individual consumers, 223 for licensees)
    This is the allotment for the entire state of PA? 
    Same here. Never been lucky enough to try it. I was reading reviews by the “experts” and they said the 2018 batch was not as good as previous years. Probably a moot point for most of us, given the extremely low production of it. 
    bbiggs said:
    RS151862 said:

3 for licensees)
                  • 
    103 for  licensees)

This is the allotment for the entire state of PA? 
    Unfortunately 

• bbiggs said:
    Same here. Never been lucky enough to try it. I was reading reviews by the “experts” and they said the 2018 batch was not as good as previous years. Probably a moot point for most of us, given the extremely low production of it. 
    It must be nice to be around all that rare bourbon to know what is not up to snuff huh?
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524

This discussion has been closed.