Idea on how to fix the "holiday single" problem.

Comments

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    mace1229 said:
    Zod said:
    Yeah, I mean, since the "2016" single says 2017 on it and includes songs performed in 2017, can we just call it the 2017 single?  Give us all a bootleg code in place of 2016 and call it a day.
    I'd actually be really choked if they sent us a bootleg code instead.   The whole reason I pay the extra $30 for the Analog membership is the single.   I buy cd's for the shows I go to, so the code doesn't do much for me (and they nickel and dime you for FLAC downloads by making you pay an extra $5). 

I'm ok if come out and say they're behind and going forward the single are going to stop.  I'd simply downgrade my membership to digital the next time it came around.   I think they should make good on the promises they have already made, and not retroactively substite an analog good for a digital one.  That's why it called the analog membership.

I would like to start a petition to upgrade the code so it include FLAC for free.   We're Analog.  We like high quality.   Bandwidth isn't that expensive anymore.   The cost of offering flac isn't really that much more than mp3.   Why not allow the code to work on FLAC? :)
    Won't happen. It isn't about bandwidth or cost, its about getting that extra $5 on a download. 10c is a business, a very profitable one, and I don't see them giving out more freebies when people are willing to pay for it.
    Nail on the head.

• KW6232KW6232 Posts: 347
    Missing from Seattle night 2 would be a perfect song for one side of the Fanclub single. 
  • mace1229 said:
    Milestone said:
    I believe the Christmas single is something they don't have any creative energy to do anymore, but are stuck with.
    You may be right.  But how much trouble is it to just grab a song done at soundcheck?  Or some rare cover they did?  
    There's a couple of opportunities they could take from the Seattle 2018 shows.  "Let Me Sleep" live. Or perhaps "We're Gonna Be Friends"
    no, the live stuff was great pre-bootleg era. putting out a fan club single with content that is readily available would be about as lazy as it gets. 
    Exactly.
    Except there's plenty of un-released shows they can use for decades.
    I'm sure there's probably licensing issues, but the 2 songs they did at The Who Rock Honors for VH1 would be  amazing (Love Reign O'er Me and The Real Me).
    Or just about anything from Wrigley 2013 and  PJ20
    They should just get that KISS tribute out of the way. For sure. Everyone asks for it. All the time. A l l  the time. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    They should just get that KISS tribute out of the way. For sure. Everyone asks for it. All the time. A l l  the time. 

I didn't know that Eddie was such a Vinnie Vincent fan!!!  I thought I was the only one.....
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • mace1229 said:
    Milestone said:
    I believe the Christmas single is something they don't have any creative energy to do anymore, but are stuck with.
    You may be right.  But how much trouble is it to just grab a song done at soundcheck?  Or some rare cover they did?  
    There's a couple of opportunities they could take from the Seattle 2018 shows.  "Let Me Sleep" live. Or perhaps "We're Gonna Be Friends"
    no, the live stuff was great pre-bootleg era. putting out a fan club single with content that is readily available would be about as lazy as it gets. 
    Exactly.
    Except there's plenty of un-released shows they can use for decades.
    I'm sure there's probably licensing issues, but the 2 songs they did at The Who Rock Honors for VH1 would be  amazing (Love Reign O'er Me and The Real Me).
    Or just about anything from Wrigley 2013 and  PJ20

They did PJ20 a couple years ago with All Night and In The Moonlight.

Wrigley 2013 would be fantastic.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • Milestone said:
    I'm analog, in large part, because I like the hard copy of "Deep" magazine.  I also like the hardcopy 45's. I'm happy to pay the extra charge for an analog membership.  But honestly, I've lost track of what's going on and what I have not been sent.  To confuse things even more, my membership renewal is in December. I've never let it lapse since a 2002 blunder where I suddenly had 2 tenclub numbers.  I've always just sort of trusted that I'm getting sent my items.  I don't necessarily track it. I'm a little lost on it right now.....

The 2015 was the song with Beyonce. I think the B side was the demo from the Ten era.

The 2016 never came. When it did, it said 2017 on it and had the soundcheck from the Rock Hall. Santos said the 2017 was a typo...but how the 2016 single can have a 2017 song on it and not be some sort of huge error is anyone's guess. When this finally came, many people got it in early 2018.

The 2017 (or the 2016) is being waited on.

The 2018...if things were normal, we shouldn't expect it until early 2019.
    Presidential Advice from President-Elect Mike McCready: "Are you getting something out of this all encompassing trip?"
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    KW6232 said:
    Missing from Seattle night 2 would be a perfect song for one side of the Fanclub single. 
    We've already got in in FLAC and HD Flac.... something unreleased would be better.   As amazing as the song is, it would seem weak if they released something already released.  I think they've only done it once?  The crown of thorns from vegas?
  • PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049
    How about a few tracks from EV at Ohana (any year)?  That's different, unreleased, and should be easy to do.  I'd be into it!
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • MilestoneMilestone Posts: 1,100
    Milestone said:
    I'm analog, in large part, because I like the hard copy of "Deep" magazine.  I also like the hardcopy 45's. I'm happy to pay the extra charge for an analog membership.  But honestly, I've lost track of what's going on and what I have not been sent.  To confuse things even more, my membership renewal is in December. I've never let it lapse since a 2002 blunder where I suddenly had 2 tenclub numbers.  I've always just sort of trusted that I'm getting sent my items.  I don't necessarily track it. I'm a little lost on it right now.....

The 2015 was the song with Beyonce. I think the B side was the demo from the Ten era.

The 2016 never came. When it did, it said 2017 on it and had the soundcheck from the Rock Hall. Santos said the 2017 was a typo...but how the 2016 single can have a 2017 song on it and not be some sort of huge error is anyone's guess. When this finally came, many people got it in early 2018.

Thank you!  That makes sense.  All my items line up with what you say. 
    So we are due a 2018 for sure.
    We are due a 2016 (since the 2017 was not really a 2016 misprint).
    11-2-2000 Portland. 12-8-2002 Seattle. 4-18-2003 Nashville. 5-30-2003 Vancouver. 10-25-2003 Bridge School. 9-2-2005 Vancouver.
    7-6-2006 Las Vegas. 7-20-2006 Portland. 7-22-2006 Gorge. 9-21-2009 Seattle. 9-22-2009 Seattle. 9-26-2009 Ridgefield. 9-25-2011 Vancouver.
    11-29-2013 Portland. 10-16-2014 Detroit. 8-8-2018 Seattle. 8-10-2018 Seattle. 8-13-2018 Missoula.
  • Lost In OhioLost In Ohio Posts: 6,748
    Milestone said:
    Milestone said:

Thank you!  That makes sense.  All my items line up with what you say. 
    So we are due a 2018 for sure.
    We are due a 2016 (since the 2017 was not really a 2016 misprint).

Given the way it's really supposed to work, the 2018 comes some time in 2019.

We're due a 2016 or 2017 depending on how you look at it... I'd say it's a 2016, but I'd be surprised if they make this right.

If you were eligible for 2016, you got the Hall of Fame single.
    If you were eligible for 2017 but not 2016, you're officially still waiting.

The way it used to work:
    They'd send a reminder late in the year to make sure renewals were paid up. If you renewed after the deadline, you weren't eligible.

Say the deadline was September 18th, 2018. If you renewed on the 19th or later, you'd be eligible for the 2019, but not the 2018.

The way it works now:
    The deadline is December 31st. Anyone who renews before the deadline is eligible for that year's single.
    To me it should come out the same year you pay dues.   If you're in the U2 fan club they usually release their yearly gift early in the year.  You might not get it right away if you renew in January, but usually it's done in the first few months of the year.  If you renew after that you get it immediately with your membership package.

There's no real need the band needs to wait until the following year.   I imagine they have a pretty good estimate how many they need.  They must estimate already (as spares always land in the shop).    I've been in a few fan clubs (even it was just for tickets) and the PJ one is the only that sends you stuff the year after, or two years after you bought your membership.

Elton John fan club might be the exception.  They keep sending me emails and I got random tote bag in the mail a few months ago.  I have no idea what's going on with that..... I bought my membership 2 years ago to get presale tickets... lol.
    Zod said:
    To me it should come out the same year you pay dues.   If you're in the U2 fan club they usually release their yearly gift early in the year.  You might not get it right away if you renew in January, but usually it's done in the first few months of the year.  If you renew after that you get it immediately with your membership package.

There's no real need the band needs to wait until the following year.   I imagine they have a pretty good estimate how many they need.  They must estimate already (as spares always land in the shop).    I've been in a few fan clubs (even it was just for tickets) and the PJ one is the only that sends you stuff the year after, or two years after you bought your membership.

Elton John fan club might be the exception.  They keep sending me emails and I got random tote bag in the mail a few months ago.  I have no idea what's going on with that..... I bought my membership 2 years ago to get presale tickets... lol.
    Absolutely ^this!
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    Dear 10C,
    So...another month has passed, and only one month left in the year after this one. Are we going to get this year what we paid for a year and a half ago (or longer for some)??? (Given that it's TRULY the 2017 single we're missing due to the one received earlier this year actually being 2016, but with a "misprint" - or was the one received earlier this year really 2017, since it contained material recorded in 2017, and 2016 simply overlooked?)

We get "newsletters" every month with little to no actual news, but plenty of new products being advertised for us to pre-order or spend even MORE money on, when the club hasn't delivered what's been paid for long ago. The annual single isn't a "gift" or a "nice to have" or a "we'll get it when we get it" - it's an item we paid for and due to us under our membership terms.

PLEASE address this and provide us some information - it's the least you can do...and maybe rethink the thing entirely. It's gotten out of hand. Thank you.
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    Dear 10C,
    So...another month has passed, and only one month left in the year after this one. Are we going to get this year what we paid for a year and a half ago (or longer for some)??? (Given that it's TRULY the 2017 single we're missing due to the one received earlier this year actually being 2016, but with a "misprint" - or was the one received earlier this year really 2017, since it contained material recorded in 2017, and 2016 simply overlooked?)

We get "newsletters" every month with little to no actual news, but plenty of new products being advertised for us to pre-order or spend even MORE money on, when the club hasn't delivered what's been paid for long ago. The annual single isn't a "gift" or a "nice to have" or a "we'll get it when we get it" - it's an item we paid for and due to us under our membership terms.

PLEASE address this and provide us some information - it's the least you can do...and maybe rethink the thing entirely. It's gotten out of hand. Thank you.
    Thank God you’re on the case!  I was afraid they might get away with this caper. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,759
    Image result for scooby doo
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    :wink: I switched to digital. I'll buy the 45's when the extra inventory hits the shop.

Same here.
    Me too. Actually, not even. I think I've spun a 45 only once or twice in the past 5 years. I obviously have no use for them.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Dr. DelightDr. Delight Posts: 11,210
    I havent listened to a holiday single in the past 5 or 6 years. Switched to digital several years ago. No desire to, especially after not being a big fan of the last 2 albums. 
    And so you see, I have come to doubt
    All that I once held as true
    I stand alone without beliefs
    The only truth I know is you.
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Dear 10C,

This is exactly how I feel, continually offering new merch etc for sale but not sending out the single we've paid for, unacceptable.
  • drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    on2legs said:
    Dear 10C,

Thank God you’re on the case!  I was afraid they might get away with this caper. 
    Appreciate the response! I'll be sure to keep you posted on any suspects and clues as they arise!
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • rockpantsrockpants BC Posts: 838
    edited November 2018
    I can't remember the last time I was here. Or the last time I got something from 10C/PJ. I just downgraded to digital; now that I'm a student, I can't afford to pay the $50+ CAD. Honestly, I actually can't even afford to stay in the club, but I am anyway. I've been feeling pretty disenfranchised over the last few years. I think PJ became a "legacy" band (if that makes sense) before I was prepared for it. I'm not casting blame at the band. It's just life in different stages (for example, when Eddie was my age, the band were promoting Binaural).

I agree with a lot of the sentiment here re: the 7". I believe the saying is "shit, or get off the pot." We can't trust them to deliver when, with less touring, and seemingly very little on the recording front (no idea tbh) etc., they still can't get this together. They may as well ditch the vinyl altogether, but I don't think they will, because the "PJ Brand" would take a hit. That's basically what Pearl Jam seems like now - more brand than band.

It is what it is.
    Post edited by rockpants on
  • bigjilmbigjilm Sea Posts: 182
    I'd love to see a vinyl boxset collecting all the singles released one year, maybe 30th Anniversary?  I'm sure it'd be 4 or 5 LPs at the least, but would be very cool.  Not necessarily in place of the annual single, but still only available to 10C members.  All the songs are available in some form online already and this obviously wouldn't take place of the original singles, but having them all in one collection would be sweet!  Maybe it defeats the purpose of the annual "single", but I bet it'd get more spins at my place than the individual singles do.
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Another Ten Club newsletter today and no mention of the Annual Single but plenty of opportunities to give more money to the band. I emailed the Ten Club last week asking about information on the Annual Single as we are approaching the end of the year and a year behind. The response was, "Please know that the Band still makes the annual Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine for the fan club. The 2017 Ten Club Single & Deep Magazine will be shipped when they are finished..... We are sorry for the delay"

I replied with asking more real information and about the 2016/2017 mix up. Their reply, "The 2016 had songs from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame, so they were dated as 2017, but should have said 2016 since they were for your 2016 Analog Membership. The 2017 Single & Deep will be sent when they are finished. Again, we apologize for the delay."

This is really pathetic Pearl Jam.... I am missing 1 of the annual singles so that is why I continue to sign up for the Analog Membership.
  • But how sad is it that the 2016 single has stuff from 2017? It should have been recorded in 2016 or prior.

It'll be 2019 before we hear from the 2017 single. With all Eddie's solo stuff and PJ soundchecks, it shouldn't be terribly hard.
  • NewJPageNewJPage Posts: 3,295
    But how sad is it that the 2016 single has stuff from 2017? It should have been recorded in 2016 or prior.

It'll be 2019 before we hear from the 2017 single. With all Eddie's solo stuff and PJ soundchecks, it shouldn't be terribly hard.
    Barcelona 96 soundcheck on triple 10"
    6/26/98, 8/17/00, 10/8/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/25/03, 5/28/03, 6/1/03, 6/3/03, 6/5/03, 6/6/03, 6/12/03, 6/13/03, 6/15/03, 6/18/03, 6/21/03, 6/22/03, 7/12/03, 7/14/03, 10/3/04, 10/5/04, 9/9/05, 9/11/05, 9/16/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/19/06, 6/30/06, 7/23/06, 8/5/07, 6/30/08, 8/23/09, 8/24/09, 5/4/10, 5/7/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/11/13, 10/17/14, 8/20/16
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited November 2018
    If they decide not to do it id be good with a $20 credit off of Vault 9 next year.  I play those more than any PJ albums these days
  • If it still takes 4-6 months to press up vinyl these days, which I don't think has changed, we should have seen 'Can't Deny Me' and the mysterious B-side for it by now.  They should just double-single it like 1994-1995 and catch up at this point.  
    Target Center - Jun 30, 1998
    Allstate Arena - Oct 09, 2000
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 16, 2003
    United Center - Jun 18, 2003
    Fort William Garden - Sep 09, 2005
    Xcel Energy Center - Jun 27, 2006
    United Center - Aug 23, 2009
    Xcel Energy Center - Oct 19, 2014
    Xcel Energy Center - August 31, 2023
    Xcel Energy Center - September 2, 2023
  • Foriginal SinForiginal Sin Scottsdale, AZ Posts: 1,743
    PB11041 said:
    Image result for scooby doo

Those bitches tryna steal our costumes
    Chicago 6/29/98, Alpine Valley(EV) 6/13/99, Alpine Valley 10/08/00, Chicago 10/09/00, Phoenix 10/20/00, Orlando 4/12/03, Tampa 4/13/03, San Diego 6/05/03, Vegas 6/06/03, Phoenix 6/07/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Orlando 10/08/04, D.C. 10/11/04, Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, LA 7/12/08, Chicago 8/23/09, Chicago 8/24/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09 (Front Row Center, Finally), Phoenix(EV) 11/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Phoenix 11/19/13, Denver 10/22/14, Wrigley 8/20/16, Wrigley 8/22/16
    If they decide not to do it id be good with a $20 credit off of Vault 9 next year.  I play those more than any PJ albums these days
    I'd rather the meet their obligations for the two currently owed, but if they're losing interest, get those two done, and discontinue the xmas singles :(
    Replace the annual single with the annual vault vinyl and raise the price of the membership levels.  $35 for Digital and they now get a bootleg code, $75 for analog and they get the vault vinyl.
  • Replace the annual single with the annual vault vinyl and raise the price of the membership levels.  $35 for Digital and they now get a bootleg code, $75 for analog and they get the vault vinyl.
    I like it. Let’s do this.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016