9/11 "Conspiracy" Theories

Comments

• rgambsrgambs Posts: 13,576
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    136 people saw the fucking plane 
    You see a plane in the released video?
    yes at 24 second mark....this is a stop action video...notice how jumpy the vehicle is?  So take the hit at the 24 second mark, add that to the 136 EYEWITNESSES THAT SAY THEY SAW A FUCKING AIRPLANE HIT THE PENTAGON and tell me how you would summarize that.
    Eyewitnesses also saw Michael Brown with his hands up and something like half the population has "eyewitnessed" a ghost or UFO... 
    It's too fast to be caught on camera, but dude could see in the windows?

Gern your anger and indignation on the topic really just feeds into the mythos of people wanting to be spoon-fed information that puts them at ease.
    I'm nothing close to a truther, but the government is hiding quite a large cache of information about 9/11 and there is no possible reason for it that doesn't lend credence to conspiracy theories.  
    No other possible reason?

i can think of one big one - national security concerns. 

Besides, the government reflexively holds back much of their information routinely without it being related to any conspiracy theories. 
    Oh, right, national security.
    My eyes are rolling into my head right now, that's one of the most empty and worthless phrases in existence.
    Monkey Driven, Call this Living?
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    pjhawks said:
    What is it that the conspiracy theorists think happened to flight 77?  If the plane didn't hit the pentagon (as 136 eyewitnesses say) then where did it go?  
    and how did we kill those people?   it would also mean air traffic controllers would have been in on the conspiracy too. 
    You mean the air traffic controllers that were also eyewitnesses? :)
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    As I have mentioned multiple times over the years I worked close enough to the Pentagon to hear and feel the explosion. 
    I also had 2 co-workers who were at the Pentagon that morning for meetings and both were close enough to assist in rescue and BOTH saw and moved airplane debris. BOTH saw and rescued Pentagon employees with jet fuel burns.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    rgambs said:
    rgambs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    136 people saw the fucking plane 
    You see a plane in the released video?
    yes at 24 second mark....this is a stop action video...notice how jumpy the vehicle is?  So take the hit at the 24 second mark, add that to the 136 EYEWITNESSES THAT SAY THEY SAW A FUCKING AIRPLANE HIT THE PENTAGON and tell me how you would summarize that.
    Eyewitnesses also saw Michael Brown with his hands up and something like half the population has "eyewitnessed" a ghost or UFO... 
    It's too fast to be caught on camera, but dude could see in the windows?

Gern your anger and indignation on the topic really just feeds into the mythos of people wanting to be spoon-fed information that puts them at ease.
    I'm nothing close to a truther, but the government is hiding quite a large cache of information about 9/11 and there is no possible reason for it that doesn't lend credence to conspiracy theories.  
    No other possible reason?

i can think of one big one - national security concerns. 

Besides, the government reflexively holds back much of their information routinely without it being related to any conspiracy theories. 
    Oh, right, national security.
    My eyes are rolling into my head right now, that's one of the most empty and worthless phrases in existence.

Well, don't pull a muscle, then. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    As I have mentioned multiple times over the years I worked close enough to the Pentagon to hear and feel the explosion. 
    I also had 2 co-workers who were at the Pentagon that morning for meetings and both were close enough to assist in rescue and BOTH saw and moved airplane debris. BOTH saw and rescued Pentagon employees with jet fuel burns.

Yeah but McGruff didn't see the plane in that grainy video so....maybe they didn't really see that stuff?  

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Am not doubting any of this, but how can you tell a burn is from jet fuel and not from another flammable source or accelerent?

Am not doubting any of this, but how can you tell a burn is from jet fuel and not from another flammable source or accelerent?
    Maybe when there are airplane parts laying around?  And 136 eyewitnesses saying a plane hit the building?  I don't know man....

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739

Maybe when there are airplane parts laying around?  And 136 eyewitnesses saying a plane hit the building?  I don't know man....
    136...1+3+6=10. Which is between what two numbers?  That s right 9 and 11.  ;)
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    edited September 2018

:weary:

Dial it back. I'm pretty sure my post said I'm not doubting any of this, and if you're following along you should see I'm anti-conspiracy theory. I'm curious about the question I asked to Bentleyspop, so maybe he'll answer it. 

Edit: I'm interested from a medical point of view. 
    Post edited by oftenreading on
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    mcgruff10 said:

136...1+3+6=10. Which is between what two numbers?  That s right 9 and 11.  ;)
    I’m sold now, lol. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    my2hands said:
    As a side note, I love when "adults" get upset about even discussing this. I think it's odd.
    Not upset at all, I would say mildly annoyed. I just think people that don't get it and want to discuss this every year when they are easily debunked are willfully ignorant. If you think that the article I linked to was weak I suggest you buy the book I linked to that fully explains and debunks these nonsense conspiracy theories. 
    My questions/doubt with the Pentagon is:
    There must be dozens of cameras around the pentagon, only one camera captured the plane hitting the pentagon.  Only one!  
    And then the pilot that didn't know how to fly: It is amazing how the pilot could have steered a huge commercial airliner in the way he did, first making a large turn around the pentagon, and then diving into the pentagon while hitting light poles just feet above the ground at full speed. And then by chance he hits the Pentagon in the a spot that is hardly occupied?  Wasn't that area recently renovated?

Again, I obviously don't have the answers to any of this but I always felt something wasn't right with the story they gave us.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    What is it that the conspiracy theorists think happened to flight 77?  If the plane didn't hit the pentagon (as 136 eyewitnesses say) then where did it go?  
    They hid it on the other side of the ice wall that keeps all of us from falling off flat earth
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    KC138045 said:
    They hid it on the other side of the ice wall that keeps all of us from falling off flat earth
    Flat earth? I'm pretty sure it's a giant turtle.

Image result for giant turtle flat earth
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mcgruff10 said:
    There must be dozens of cameras around the pentagon, only one camera captured the plane hitting the pentagon.  Only one!  
    And then the pilot that didn't know how to fly: It is amazing how the pilot could have steered a huge commercial airliner in the way he did, first making a large turn around the pentagon, and then diving into the pentagon while hitting light poles just feet above the ground at full speed. And then by chance he hits the Pentagon in the a spot that is hardly occupied?  Wasn't that area recently renovated?

Again, I obviously don't have the answers to any of this but I always felt something wasn't right with the story they gave us.
    Its easy to forget how little we cared about security 18 years ago. I sometimes watch an old movie and laugh at airport scenes.
    No one thought anyone would dare attack the pentagon, especially not a country we weren't at war with. So it isn't surprising to me if only 1 security camera caught it.
  • KC138045KC138045 Columbus, OH Posts: 2,715
    dignin said:
    KC138045 said:

Haha....my apologies 

has anyone talked to the turtle to see what he knows?
    Columbus-2000
    Columbus-2003
    Cincinnati-2006
    Columbus-2010
    Wrigley-2013
    Cincinnati-2014
    Lexington-2016
    Wrigley 1 & 2-2018
    Some expanded detail on why we don't have crisp, clear security video footage of the approaching plane.

http://www.9-11tv.org/the-pentagon-plane-puzzle/85-pentagon-area-surveillance-cameras

Better to read the whole article, which isn't long but is too long to post fully, but here's a snippet:

Why very few cameras captured the impact event

There are a number of valid reasons why only 4 of the 85 videos were released by the FBI in response to a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) request filed in 2004, which was fulfilled in 2006. Because of a number of factors (listed below and detailed in the footnotes) only 2 of the 85 cameras captured any useful footage of the plane-impact event[1].

• Most of those 85 cameras were not aimed in the direction of the Pentagon and/or at the part of the Pentagon in question.
    • Most cameras were located a considerable distance from the impact event, and virtually all surveillance cameras had wide-angle (fisheye) lenses which cause some geometric distortion and render distant objects at very low resolution.
    • Many cameras had obstructed views of the Pentagon impact area.
    • In 2001, virtually all surveillance cameras had low spacial resolution.
    • In 2001, most surveillance cameras recorded at low frame rates (low temporal resolution), in the range of one to eight frames per second.  By comparison, American TV is most often 30 frames/second.
    • The high speed of the plane, accelerating to around 550 mph, resulted in image blurring, and offered a low chance of catching more than a single frame of the plane, given the low-recorded frame rate (one frame/sec)
    Some expanded detail on why we don't have crisp, clear security video footage of the approaching plane.

http://www.9-11tv.org/the-pentagon-plane-puzzle/85-pentagon-area-surveillance-cameras

Better to read the whole article, which isn't long but is too long to post fully, but here's a snippet:

Why very few cameras captured the impact event

There are a number of valid reasons why only 4 of the 85 videos were released by the FBI in response to a FOIA (Freedom Of Information Act) request filed in 2004, which was fulfilled in 2006. Because of a number of factors (listed below and detailed in the footnotes) only 2 of the 85 cameras captured any useful footage of the plane-impact event[1].

• Most of those 85 cameras were not aimed in the direction of the Pentagon and/or at the part of the Pentagon in question.
    • Most cameras were located a considerable distance from the impact event, and virtually all surveillance cameras had wide-angle (fisheye) lenses which cause some geometric distortion and render distant objects at very low resolution.
    • Many cameras had obstructed views of the Pentagon impact area.
    • In 2001, virtually all surveillance cameras had low spacial resolution.
    • In 2001, most surveillance cameras recorded at low frame rates (low temporal resolution), in the range of one to eight frames per second.  By comparison, American TV is most often 30 frames/second.
    • The high speed of the plane, accelerating to around 550 mph, resulted in image blurring, and offered a low chance of catching more than a single frame of the plane, given the low-recorded frame rate (one frame/sec)
    Solid article.  Thank you.
    mcgruff10 said:

And what about the 136 eyewitnesses?  Why do you act like they don't exist?  They do.

mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Its easy to forget how little we cared about security 18 years ago. I sometimes watch an old movie and laugh at airport scenes.
    No one thought anyone would dare attack the pentagon, especially not a country we weren't at war with. So it isn't surprising to me if only 1 security camera caught it.
    Excellent points and you would be correct.  
    edited September 2018
    KC138045 said:
    dignin said:
    KC138045 said:

Haha....my apologies 

has anyone talked to the turtle to see what he knows?
    I've never been that high. I think it's an attainable goal though.

Edit: Will report back when I have made contact.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Rule #1 of any investigation: eye witnesses are the absolute worst form of evidence

Just saying, feel free to keep being angry lol
    my2hands said:
    Rule #1 of any investigation: eye witnesses are the absolute worst form of evidence

Just saying, feel free to keep being angry lol
    I always thought that when dealing with a crime scene you take your time and really comb the crime scene.  If I recall correctly after the pentagon attack the blue tarps came out awfully quick. “Evidence” was removed in the blink of an eye. 
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited September 2018
    So... the popular mechanics article... or should I say the three paragraphs....

No mention of the shitty amateur pilot pulling a top gun manuever at 500 mph a few feet off the ground and hitting bullseye like a professional pilot in a dam fighter jet... coincidentally in the one section of the pentagon that was recently renovated and fairly empty 

The first guy says the hole doesnt fit with the size of a 737 striking the building because after initial impact it poured into the building like a liquid......... then the next guy says he's picking up debris, uniforms, etc... 

2001 they could spot a fly from space, it wasn't 1901, that video is a joke.... and do we really think that plane would get anywhere near the fucking pentagon? I've heard the excuses about why it wasnt intercepted, I'm not exactly buying that shit. How many fighters are in the DC area ready on trigger status? But this flunky made it through in a commercial airliner 

I think it's funny people get so upset and try to shut down anybody just posing questions

Meanwhile, the same crew had no problem killing a few hundred thousand people based on lies. But yeah, everything else was on the up & up

Riddle me this....... let's roll..... ever make a call from 30,000 feet? In 2001 on your flip celly?
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • my2hands said:

No mention of the shitty amateur pilot pulling a top gun manuever at 500 mph a few feet off the ground and hitting bullseye like a professional pilot in a dam fighter jet... coincidentally in the one section of the pentagon that was recently renovated and fairly empty 

The first guy says the hole doesnt fit with the size of a 737 striking the building because after initial impact it poured into the building like a liquid......... then the next guy says he's picking up debris, uniforms, etc... 

2001 they could spot a fly from space, it wasn't 1901, that video is a joke.... and do we really think that plane would get anywhere near the fucking pentagon? I've heard the excuses about why it wasnt intercepted, I'm not exactly buying that shit. How many fighters are in the DC area ready on trigger status? But this flunky made it through in a commercial airliner 

I think it's funny people get so upset and try to shut down anybody just posing questions

Meanwhile, the same crew had no problem killing a few hundred thousand people based on lies. But yeah, everything else was on the up & up

Riddle me this....... let's roll..... ever make a call from 30,000 feet?
    Ever use one of those phones that was in the back of every airplane seat and that was made specifically for making calls at 30,000 feet and higher, at cruising altitude? It’s not like they had to drop a dime. And they even had cords! Imagine that?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    my2hands said:

Riddle me this....... let's roll..... ever make a call from 30,000 feet?

The cell phone information is out there, too. If one cares to read it. 

Why is it a coincidence that it crashed into a relatively unpopulated area? Why does it matter which part of the building it crashed into?

And why do you say that the "video is a joke" when there's info as to the actual specs of those video cameras?

Continually repeating the same questions when they've already been answered doesn't lend additional credence.
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    my2hands said:

Riddle me this....... let's roll..... ever make a call from 30,000 feet? In 2001 on your flip celly?
    so where did the flight go? how did we dispose of those people on the flight? how did the flight skip past air traffic controllers or were there air traffic controllers in on the conspiracy too?  just. stop already
  • my2hands said:

Here you go, specifically debunk what is explained here:

https://www.foreignpolicyjournal.com/2016/10/07/bringing-closure-to-the-911-pentagon-debate/

Aspects recreated, duplicated, eyewitness accounts verified.

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    So everyone telling to stop asking questions, you are 100% ok with the official version of 9/11?  No questions at all?  Nothing in your gut tells you to question anything on that day? 
    On a different note, this thread reminds me of people who get so agitated and pissed off when other fans rip something like riot act.  It isn’t like you wrote it so why be that mad? Why are you so damn defensive about people discussing 9/11 conspiracy theories?  No one told you to clink on this link. 

• 34 miles from Dulles Airport to the Pentagon. Not too difficult to see how a plane can get close to the Pentagon when you have three major airports within an hour and if a plane appears to be turning around to return to the airport how it could come in low and fast at 550 mph before fighter jets could be scrambled to intercept it. 

Brilliantati©