Hurricane Flo

Comments

• Hong Kong always trying to 1-up people.

Gook luck to all in the path of that monster as well.
    hippiemom = goodness
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Smellyman said:
    Meanwhile in Asia we are going to be hit by a bigger one...

Hong Kong (CNN)As the US east coast braces for Hurricane Florence, an even stronger super typhoon is barreling down on southeast Asia, with Hong Kong and Macau square in its path.

Holy crap, "winds of at least 252 kilometers per hour (157 mph)".  That's insane.

Be safe, Smellyman!  Keep us posted.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    edited September 2018
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Hong Kong (CNN)As the US east coast braces for Hurricane Florence, an even stronger super typhoon is barreling down on southeast Asia, with Hong Kong and Macau square in its path.

Holy crap, "winds of at least 252 kilometers per hour (157 mph)".  That's insane.

Not in HK anymore, in Taiwan, it would need to take a big turn. :)
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

Is Taiwan subject to Hurricanes and cyclones?

• Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Just the leading is edge is causing severe damage ... 
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    I just booked an oceanfront rental in the outer bank for next august.  No way the house is gonna be there.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    Good chance the computer system with your reservation wasn't back - up offsite...
    Give Peas A Chance…

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Thanks to super storm sandy I still freak out when the electric goes out. Stay safe everyone. 
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Damn scary for sure I can’t believe there’s people who didn’t evacuate..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    Damn scary for sure I can’t believe there’s people who didn’t evacuate..
    I have a friend who lives 5 blocks from the SC shore.  He told me yesterday he wasn't going to evacuate.  I don't understand.  Will be keeping my fingers crossed he somehow survives. :frowning:

brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

Heck yeah.  lost so many trees in our tiny yard.  Car flipped right outside our apartment.
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

Heck yeah.  lost so many trees in our tiny yard.  Car flipped right outside our apartment.
    You still have hydro/internet/cell?
    Give Peas A Chance…
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

infrastructure is pretty dang good in Taiwan and all buildings are ugly cement bunkers.  We have lost power before, but back up pretty quick.  Taiwan is pelted with Typhoons every year, throw in some earthquakes and things are pretty locked down around here.

When the Philippines gets hit that is where the big problems occur.  They are getting hit now and they will no doubt have severe damage and casualties.
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

Yeow!

Smellyman said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:
    brianlux said:
    Smellyman said:

Ah, very good!

infrastructure is pretty dang good in Taiwan and all buildings are ugly cement bunkers.  We have lost power before, but back up pretty quick.  Taiwan is pelted with Typhoons every year, throw in some earthquakes and things are pretty locked down around here.

When the Philippines gets hit that is where the big problems occur.  They are getting hit now and they will no doubt have severe damage and casualties.
    That good.  I did not realized they got pelted every year.  It's ago that the communications systems get up and running quick...
    Give Peas A Chance…

• brianlux said:
    Damn scary for sure I can’t believe there’s people who didn’t evacuate..
    I have a friend who lives 5 blocks from the SC shore.  He told me yesterday he wasn't going to evacuate.  I don't understand.  Will be keeping my fingers crossed he somehow survives. :frowning:
    Whoa that’s crazy good luck to him ..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I just don't understand these people that don't evacuate. Then the first responders have to risk their lives to go save these people.  Just saw that a mother and her infant child were killed when a tree fell on their house.
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    Smellyman said:

Are we actually considering which continent warmed the oceans too much /s

Seriously, Flo's sustained winds were around 150 mph less than a week ago. Luckily it's been weakening the last few days.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • brianlux said:
    I think he’s one of my friend’s clients, heard he was headbanging to Philip H. Anselmo and the Illegals this year?! Lol
    Worcester1 13, Worcester2 13, Hartford 13, San Diego 13, Los Angeles1 13, Los Angeles2 13
    Trieste 14, Vienna 14, Gdynia 14, Leeds 14, Milton Keynes 14, Denver 14
    Central Park 15
    Fort Lauderdale 16, Miami 16, Tampa 16, Jacksonville 16, Greenville 16, Hampton 16, Columbia 16, Lexington 16, Philly1 16, Philly2 16, NYC1 16, NYC2 16, Quebec City 16, Ottawa 16, Toronto1 16, Toronto2 16, Fenway1 16, Fenway2 16, Wrigley1 16, Wrigley2 16

brianlux said:
    I think he’s one of my friend’s clients, heard he was headbanging to Philip H. Anselmo and the Illegals this year?! Lol
    The windy hair was pretty funny.  That guys is nuts!

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Haha, this dude is getting clobbered on social media.  Must be friends with Geraldo Rivera!

PJPOWER said:
    Haha, this dude is getting clobbered on social media.  Must be friends with Geraldo Rivera!

And you wonder why people think the news is fake?  Just like Anderson Cooper standing in a ditch??? Not 2 feet water.

Give Peas A Chance…