Live At The Orpheum Theatre - April 12, 1994 Newbury Exclusive 2 LP

Comments

• lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    i have a coke bottle ten and singles soundtrack on color, both sealed for trade for a orpheum on color. 
    Not enough.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the cheapest you'll be able to get this for would be $500. There are only 100 of these things. If i got one I'd find it difficult to hold on to considering what they will probably end up selling for. I got black, so no dilemma there.
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    I've opened one, black.
    I guess I will open the other.  If I get colored vinyl, I am trading it.
    His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• NDJeff7NDJeff7 Posts: 204
    demetrios said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Came back home today from both Fenway shows to find this in the mail. I had finally broken down and purchased a turntable a couple months ago and this was my first big PJ vinyl purchase.
    Congrats! 
    Thanks! Although now I'm not sure what to do. I haven't listened to it at all yet, but I bought it to listen to and I've never collected vinyl before. Is it a good idea to try and pick up a regular, black version and just keep this one unplayed? Is it going to be that valuable where I shouldn't spin it at all?
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Im not playing my colored lol
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    NDJeff7 said:
    demetrios said:
    NDJeff7 said:
    Came back home today from both Fenway shows to find this in the mail. I had finally broken down and purchased a turntable a couple months ago and this was my first big PJ vinyl purchase.
    Congrats! 
    Thanks! Although now I'm not sure what to do. I haven't listened to it at all yet, but I bought it to listen to and I've never collected vinyl before. Is it a good idea to try and pick up a regular, black version and just keep this one unplayed? Is it going to be that valuable where I shouldn't spin it at all?
    For the $35 bucks it will cost you to buy a black one, I would definitely leave the colored one on my shelf it was me.

(if you want a black one, pm me, I have an extra for $35 for you)
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • i have a coke bottle ten and singles soundtrack on color, both sealed for trade for a orpheum on color. 
    Not enough.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the cheapest you'll be able to get this for would be $500. There are only 100 of these things. If i got one I'd find it difficult to hold on to considering what they will probably end up selling for. I got black, so no dilemma there.
    Two sold on the bay for under $400.
  • kenkkenk Posts: 210
    Looks like both eBay listings were buy it now and sold pretty quick. Wont really know if that is high or low until someone posts one for auction. Keeping mine though.
  • WindowPaineWindowPaine Chicopee, MA Posts: 492
    i have a coke bottle ten and singles soundtrack on color, both sealed for trade for a orpheum on color. 
    Not enough.
    there's always cash to be included...
    First Show: Springfield, MA 4/6/94
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    edited September 2018
    Not enough.
    Two sold on the bay for under $400.
    Yea bout $350 is right now. Will probably fluctuate a little. I will wait a little and maybe try to get one around $300
    Post edited by MedozK on
    edited September 2018
    Yeah hard to know until there’s an auction.  The buy it now’s went quick.  I just really like colored wax.  Crazy good performance too.  
    Post edited by cp3iverson on
  • lexicondevillexicondevil Bay Area Posts: 1,873
    I'm telling ya, grab one while you can. It will go way up and anything under $400 will seem like a bargain. I have no horse in this race and have no interest in spending that kind of money on this or really any record, except maybe a first pressing of the "Nervous Breakdown" 45 by Black Flag. =)
    1991- Hollywood Palladium, California with Temple of the Dog, Soundgarden, and Alice in Chains -RIP Magazine Show Oct. 6th
    1992- Lollapalooza, Irvine, California
    Nothing since then. I suck.
    2016- Fenway Park, Boston - Both glorious nights
    2022- Oakland Night 2
    Well its definitely rare.  I usually see colored pressings for famous artists as the “first 1000 or first 2000”.   The odds for this were borderline ridiculous. This is like an indie band.  
  • nuzzer1nuzzer1 New Jersey Posts: 1,426
    White Backspacer and Red Lightning Bolt? @tempo_n_groove

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    A/B comparison? Sure, it looks pretty, but how does it SOUND?
    www.cluthelee.com
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175

coloured vinyl always sounds better, Chris.

:lol:

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• PSUS2HPSUS2H USA Posts: 2,049

This....
    Pittsburgh, PA September 28, 2005 || Washington, DC June 22, 2008 || Barstow, VA May 13, 2010 || Seattle, WA  August 10, 2018 || Dana Point, CA September 29, 2018 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 28, 2019 (EV) || Dana Point, CA September 25, 2021 (EV) || Dana Point, CA October 1, 2021 || Dana Point, CA October 2, 2021 
  • drsluggodrsluggo Posts: 4,742
    So I would love to trade/buy a colored set if anyone is looking - have vinyl, posters, guitar picks, other random memorabilia to trade.

Also - I have the ones I got that are black I'd be happy to sell for cost plus shipping. If interested send me a PM. Guessing around $36 shipped in US and packed nicely in a box. They are unplayed but I carefully opened the side to check the color.
  • I got a black vinyl and listened to it. It sounds phenomenal.
    One just sold for $500+   It was up for a few minutes.  Wow man
    ha, yea I don't need one that bad. Rather buy a 1st pressing Abbey Road and RL Led Zeppelin II... and still have a couple hundred dollars left. lol, color variation not worth that much... or at least not to me..lol
  • Gtilley8Gtilley8 Detroit Posts: 985
    MedozK said:
    ha, yea I don't need one that bad. Rather buy a 1st pressing Abbey Road and RL Led Zeppelin II... and still have a couple hundred dollars left. lol, color variation not worth that much... or at least not to me..lol
    Maybe I just don't follow that closely.  Is an RL Zep ll worth that much?  I'm going to have to thank my dad for giving me all his records.  
    2000 - 8/21 - Columbus, OH
    2003 - 6/18 - Chicago, IL
    2006 - 5/22 - Auburn Hills, MI
    2007 - 8/5 - Chicago, IL
    2015 - 9/26 - New York, NY
    2016 - 4/16 - Greenville, SC; 8/20 - Chicago, IL; 8/22 - Chicago, IL
    2018 - 8/18 - Chicago, IL; 8/20 - Chicago, IL

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3045
    edited September 2018
    Gtilley8 said:
    MedozK said:
    Maybe I just don't follow that closely.  Is an RL Zep ll worth that much?  I'm going to have to thank my dad for giving me all his records.  
    oh yea, in nice shape, $150-$200 all day. However it is the Monarch pressings that bring the bigger bucks.
    Post edited by MedozK on
  • mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    MedozK said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    MedozK said:
    oh yea, in nice shape, $150-$200 all day. However it is the Monarch pressings that bring the bigger bucks.
    Like the Decca Stones albums...
  • Ahhhh the customs notification from royal mail. £13.14 this time... Hopefully it will arrive on Monday :rock_on:
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    MedozK said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    MedozK said:
    Interesting.  Why the Monarchs?  Are these signified by "MO" as in ST-A-691671-MO run-out matrix?
    fanofzs said:
    MedozK said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    MedozK said:
    Interesting.  Why the Monarchs?  Are these signified by "MO" as in ST-A-691671-MO run-out matrix?
    Yes. They are known for the best pressing quality.
  • fanofzsfanofzs NYC Posts: 507
    MedozK said:
    fanofzs said:
    MedozK said:
    Gtilley8 said:
    MedozK said:
    Yes. They are known for the best pressing quality.
    Ah, ok.  I wasn't sure if there were fewer made than say the -PR, -CTH, -SP or -CPs.
  • lolobugglolobugg BLUE RDGE MTNS Posts: 8,175
    coach pj said:
    I got a black vinyl and listened to it. It sounds phenomenal.

agreed. I think this might be the closest I ever get to a live 1995 album.  The "new" songs sound amazing on this release. the only complaint I have is Dave A's shitty drumming.

livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=446

1995- New Orleans, LA  : New Orleans, LA

1996- Charleston, SC

1998- Atlanta, GA: Birmingham, AL: Greenville, SC: Knoxville, TN

2000- Atlanta, GA: New Orleans, LA: Memphis, TN: Nashville, TN

2003- Raleigh, NC: Charlotte, NC: Atlanta, GA

2004- Asheville, NC (hometown show)

2006- Cincinnati, OH

2008- Columbia, SC

2009- Chicago, IL x 2 / Ed Vedder- Atlanta, GA x 2

2010- Bristow, VA

2011- Alpine Valley, WI (PJ20) x 2 / Ed Vedder- Chicago, IL

2012- Atlanta, GA

2013- Charlotte, NC

2014- Cincinnati, OH

2015- New York, NY

2016- Greenville, SC: Hampton, VA:: Columbia, SC: Raleigh, NC : Lexington, KY: Philly, PA 2: (Wrigley) Chicago, IL x 2 (holy shit): Temple of the Dog- Philly, PA

2017- ED VED- Louisville, KY

2018- Chicago, IL x2, Boston, MA x2

2020- Nashville, TN 

2022- Smashville 

2023- Austin, TX x2

• nuzzer1 said:
    White Backspacer and Red Lightning Bolt? @tempo_n_groove

I got em both.

ISO the colored pair of Orpheum records!
  • ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
    coach pj said:
    I got a black vinyl and listened to it. It sounds phenomenal.
    I have to agree. This recording is amazing.
    9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
    8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
    7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
    9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center