Soundcheck Fenway 1

13»

Comments

• Aww man I'd love to hear Marker N2...
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    Taillights fuckin fade!! Bring that shit on Tuesday please!! 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • dudemandudeman Posts: 2,962
    sward said:
    There was someone else singing parts of a couple of songs. Couldn’t make out who. 
    I assume it was the singer from Buffalo Tom. I'm not familiar with them and it was hard to tell. 

Didn't sound like Stone or anyone else in PJ to me. I've only ever heard Ed, Stone and Matt sing though.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 503
    Nice. Thanks guys. Sharing is caring. Id love to hear I Got Shit, Thumbing My Way, Patriot (again, and again). Petty was so sick at Wrigley and I think Boston crowd will crush it with enthusiasm. Swallowed Whole is under rated, and sounds better live. Sometimes we gotta keep giving the songs a chance... band seemed to abandon some songs for a while, welcome back! Breakherfall was great energy boost at Wrigley. Sometimes to open would be beautiful. But whatever gets these guys going, I'm In! They have mixed it up from city to city. The only ones I didn't love were Rain, Throw Your Hatred down and I'm good on Ten album for now! Got me good on the 2016 tour, especially Philly where band went album start to finish. Anybody for Dissident, Glorified G, (Satans Bed is always welcome), Red Mosquito, Faithful, Brain of J, Parting Ways, Grievance, Insignificance, Wasted Reprise/Life Wasted, World Wide Suicide, Lightning Bolt just gets better and better. They played that Night Two Wrigley and everyone boogied. Can Crazy Mary come back- love getting Boom going, or Reign Over Me. Baba O Riley- I hadn't heard in a while to close and it was glorious at Wrigley. Rockin' was better than ever. But other closers do work, and I dont know about you guys but to hear another song, I'd be good without Y-Led or Rockin. I am merely saying all this just in case, the band, Ed, one of you guys is peering around and NEED suggestions. Thats all. No demands! Like the P**s* guy at Wrigley. Although Ed the joker made it cool. Thoughts- its a ramble. But dawning on me now that tomorrow is THE DAY!
  • +1000 for army reserve
  • +1000 for army reserve
  • CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    CopperTom said:
    CROJAM95 said:
    Can someone post the list of all soundchecked?

man I neeed MARKER
    Too lazy to read a 2 page thread?

Pretty much
  • Army Reserve?! WITH practice is a good sign. Ive heard them soundcheck that before and then they didnt play it. Oh boy! I'm so stoked!
  • Justagirl22179Justagirl22179 Posts: 22
    edited September 2018
    New cover song... Not sure what 
    Could it be Again Today?
    That would be AH-MAZING
    Post edited by Justagirl22179 on
  • dudeman said:
    PJNB said:
    Soundcheck: 
    1. Swallowed Whole
    2. I Got Shit 
    3. Sometimes 
    4. Amongst the Waves
    5. Army Reserve (heard Marker was played as a quick intro to this. Unconfirmed) 
    6. I am a Patriot
    7. Taillights Fade
    8. Thumbing My Way
    9. I Won’t Back Down (Petty)
    Looks about right.

They did a couple runs through Army Reserve and a couple versions of TF with little variations.
    Good work! This list has me all giddy!
  • mcgruff10 said:
    nicknyr15 said:
    I'm a patriot 
    Am I the only one who wishes they would leave this in 2016? I really hope they skip this one. 
    Slow Patriot good.   Fast Patriot bad.
    I loved the half and half version at wrigley 2.  
    Agree...the Super Punk version last time was rad!
  • CP218430CP218430 Posts: 1,891
    A set with Thumbing and Army Reserve would be amazing. And I gotta say, the half slow/half punk of Patriot was good but that all out punk version from 16 was awesome. And I loved how it bled from a slow burn of Masters of War but really if you lucky ducks get all those songs in the sound check I will be jealous. Enjoy Night 1!
    98: St. Louis. 2000: Alpine. 2003: Chicago. 2006: Chicago Night 2, Milwaukee Night 1. 2007: Chicago (Lolla). 2009: Chicago 1 & 2. 2011: Alpine 1 & 2. 2013: Chicago & LA Night 1. 2016: Chicago 1 & 2. 2018: Chicago 1 & 2. 

"Let the Ocean dissolve away my past."
  • zmanzman Posts: 502
    sward said:
    There was someone else singing parts of a couple of songs. Couldn’t make out who. 
    i can verify with certainty that it wasn't Tom Petty. 

too soon?
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    dudeman said:
    sward said:
    I assume it was the singer from Buffalo Tom. I'm not familiar with them and it was hard to tell. 

Didn't sound like Stone or anyone else in PJ to me. I've only ever heard Ed, Stone and Matt sing though.
    Was probably Bill Janovitz 
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • swardsward Posts: 586
    zman said:
    sward said:
    i can verify with certainty that it wasn't Tom Petty. 

too soon?
    IF it is. Then this show will be remember as the most epic
  • They played repeatedly a song by Buffalo Tom. 

Thumbing my way was played too.