Louis CK accused of sexual misconduct

1235»

Comments

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    The only negative I can see is if people bought tickets and wanted to see other comedians performing after LCK, so didn’t  want to walk out and miss the later performers. Beyond that, you’re sure not held prisoner in a theatre. 

Otherwise, I agree with what’s been said above. A test-the-waters return with no fanfare was the only reasonable way to do it. 

And sure, some will say he doesn’t deserve to ever come back. 
    comedy club. he had drop in privileges due to his stature before. which is not out of the ordinary. most of the names do this to work out new material. typically seen as a bonus.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    Man hating Puritanism

:lol:

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Man hating Puritanism

:lol:

yeah, some of the phrases used in that piece are a bit much. but a lot of it is true. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,611
    edited August 2018
    I dont think there is anything wrong with him using his 'pull' to try and get back into things.  When people accept him, they accept him...and that is on them.
    What he did was clearly wrong, and I would not blame any women for never wanting to work with him again.
    (Would he ask me to watch him jagoff if there were not any women on set?)

Hopefully he has learned that treating people nicely (which he appears to have done in public) extends to not making them do shit - up to and including pressuring them to watch him 'make the bald man cry.'
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Louis C.K. Jokes About Sexual Harassment In New Set, Appears To Have Learned Nothing Again

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/louis-ck-comeback_us_5c4096bbe4b041e98ffb7333?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2QG5xNvlpA40FNmajKzAoTcuIXiZJqc9zOPvcjOMcauUBR69_7U8BQoyc

“I like to jerk off, and I don’t like being alone,” he said, 
    according to The Daily Beast, which also noted that the sold-out crowd gave him a standing ovation.

Give Peas A Chance…
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,641
    edited January 2019
    Louis C.K. Jokes About Sexual Harassment In New Set, Appears To Have Learned Nothing Again

https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/louis-ck-comeback_us_5c4096bbe4b041e98ffb7333?ncid=fcbklnkcahpmg00000001&fbclid=IwAR2QG5xNvlpA40FNmajKzAoTcuIXiZJqc9zOPvcjOMcauUBR69_7U8BQoyc

“I like to jerk off, and I don’t like being alone,” he said, 
    according to The Daily Beast, which also noted that the sold-out crowd gave him a standing ovation.

and apparently they cant see this as his way of entering and addressing what he did.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    so he is in the middle of doing 6 shows at a club here in Winnipeg, a club he actually mentioned on one of the late night shows a few years back. I can't recall whose show, but they asked him his worst club experience, and he said "Rumor's in Winnipeg". Tickets sold out before they even went public. All email list people bought them all up immediately. 

My buddy went and he said it was really good. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,934
    so he is in the middle of doing 6 shows at a club here in Winnipeg, a club he actually mentioned on one of the late night shows a few years back. I can't recall whose show, but they asked him his worst club experience, and he said "Rumor's in Winnipeg". Tickets sold out before they even went public. All email list people bought them all up immediately. 

I went to see him for a work event last week with 30 colleagues (long story) and some parts made me laugh, others I found too much. Three out of the 30 of us walked out, and I'm ashamed that I didn't join them. I had just had a really awful experience where my learning disabled brother was called "retarded" to his face by a drunk miserable bitch at Ohana, so his 15 minute segment about the use of that word definitely got to me. I decided after the show that I won't participate in generating revenue for him anymore, though I'm not PC enough to refuse to watch/listen to his material should it find its way onto the internet. Basically, I won't participate in bringing visibility or money his way.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,122
    In his first hit special on HBO he had a huge bit about how white men are going to be fucked in the future but for the right now it was super awesome ... he kind of Nostradamused himself, although I'm sure he was thinking 50 years down the road, not 18 months ...
  • I saw him in Chicago a couple weeks ago. He was hilarious. I didn't find him offensive. He imitated an accent which I could see some finding offense. But that was it.
  • benjs said:

I went to see him for a work event last week with 30 colleagues (long story) and some parts made me laugh, others I found too much. Three out of the 30 of us walked out, and I'm ashamed that I didn't join them. I had just had a really awful experience where my learning disabled brother was called "retarded" to his face by a drunk miserable bitch at Ohana, so his 15 minute segment about the use of that word definitely got to me. I decided after the show that I won't participate in generating revenue for him anymore, though I'm not PC enough to refuse to watch/listen to his material should it find its way onto the internet. Basically, I won't participate in bringing visibility or money his way.
    Ohana is becoming a cesspool now?  It's amazing how people can ruin things for others.  Sorry this happened to u and your brother.

Why did the other 3 walk out?
    benjs said:

Ohana is becoming a cesspool now?  It's amazing how people can ruin things for others.  Sorry this happened to u and your brother.

Thanks tempo - that was by far the only negative I could say about Ohana; other than that it was a blast!

One was offended by a skit about Mexicans, the other two were offended by the "retarded" skit. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
    edited October 2019
    benjs said:
    benjs said:

Thanks tempo - that was by far the only negative I could say about Ohana; other than that it was a blast!

One was offended by a skit about Mexicans, the other two were offended by the "retarded" skit. 
    I just don't understand why anyone would go to a comedy show, especially one like Louis, if you get offended by this stuff. There's stuff I get offended by in real life that I can laugh at when it's done right by a comedian. to me the context matters. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

benjs said:
    benjs said:

I just don't understand why anyone would go to a comedy show, especially one like Louis, if you get offended by this stuff. There's stuff I get offended by in real life that I can laugh at when it's done right by a comedian. to me the context matters. 
    The context absolutely matters, and I feel Louis CK had every right to say what he said in a comedy club setting. The sensitivity was on my side, so I made my choice, as did others, and I'm cool with that and don't respect anyone else any more or less for leaving - I just felt a personal sense of responsibility to leave based on the story I told and regret not doing so.

EV