Tom Petty new music video.

ski-bumski-bum Boston Posts: 1,010
9/15/98 - Great Woods................9/29/04 - Fleet Center.....................8/02/08 - Opera House (EV)............10/16/13 - DCU Center
8/29/00 - Tweeter Center............5/24/06 - Banknorth Garden............5/17/10 - Banknorth Garden.............08/05/16 - Fenway Park
7/11/03 - Tweeter Center............5/25/06 - Banknorth Garden............6/16/11 - Wang Theatre (EV)............08/07/16 - Fenway Park
9/28/04 - Fleet Center................6/30/08 - Tweeter Center

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Tough to watch. His music made SO many people happy. They had asked people to send in memories and I had thought about sending in something from the handful of times I saw him live in the 90s. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    edited August 2018
    Phew! That was tough. I love the new version of You and Me though. One of my favorites from The Last DJ but this version seems to fit the song more. 
  • benmont all over that track and it's a real beauty. thanks for posting this. LOVE IT
    losing tom was super hard for me(life long fan. own every cd/dvd etc saw them many times live) ugh ugh ugh
  • PettyHeadPettyHead Erie, PA Posts: 128
    Song & album sooo underated, both my favorites!
    1998 -Barrie, ON
    2003 -Cleveland
    2006 -Cleveland, Pittsburgh
    2007 -Lolla
    2008 -EV -Santa Cruz, PJ -DC
    2009 -EV -Baltimore I & II, PJ -Chicago I
    2010 -Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 -EV -Detroit, Bridge School I & II, PJ -Toronto
    2013 -Wrigley Field, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - PJ - Ft Lauderdale, Miami, Tampa, Toronto I, Wrigley I & II, TOTD - MSG
    2017 - PJ - NYC - RRHOF Induction, EV - Nashville
    2018 - Wrigley I & II
    2022 - Hamilton, ON, Toronto
    2023 - Chicago I & II
    2024 - Baltimore
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Pretty hard to watch that and not get choked up. 

What album is that from?
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• brianlux said:

What album is that from?
    from the last dj and def one of the great albums he did(love the whole package/concept)
    they put out a few special editions of that cd. some with a dvd of the recording sessions, live etc...suffice it to say it's worth hunting down every version   ;)
    the only album i had a hard time connecting with was echo. but that's another story....
    brianlux said:

What album is that from?
    from the last dj and def one of the great albums he did(love the whole package/concept)
    they put out a few special editions of that cd. some with a dvd of the recording sessions, live etc...suffice it to say it's worth hunting down every version   ;)
    the only album i had a hard time connecting with was echo. but that's another story....
    The Last DJ?  Never heard of it- must check it out, thanks!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• DewieCoxDewieCox Posts: 11,411
    Last DJ is probably my favorite Petty album front to back. He has a lot of filler on almost every album, but Last DJ is one of the few I an play all the way through without getting bored. The concept is hokey, but the songs are great.
    DewieCox said:
    Last DJ is probably my favorite Petty album front to back. He has a lot of filler on almost every album, but Last DJ is one of the few I an play all the way through without getting bored. The concept is hokey, but the songs are great.
    I've definitely gotta check it out. 

• DewieCox said:
    Last DJ is probably my favorite Petty album front to back. He has a lot of filler on almost every album, but Last DJ is one of the few I an play all the way through 
    totally !
    great album from front to back. no filler. not even 1 song.
    this is the dvd from the tour. def worth owing called "live at the olympic: the last dj "
    so many gems on this album....for me like a diamond and blue sunday way up there on my list of faves of his
    https://www.allmusic.com/album/the-last-dj-mw0000226435
  • So the new box set, American Treasure, is out today.  For those who are buying a physical version, which one are you getting?  I’d love the big LP set but don’t think I can swing it right now, will probably go with the CD version.  I’ve been trying to figure out if there are any big differences, it looks like the LP set includes an additional essay only available there.  I get it but sort of stinks they can’t just throw that in the CD book too.  I’ve had “Keep a Little Soul” stuck in my head ever since it came out.  Still can’t believe TP is gone.
    No time to be void or save up on life, you gotta spend it all.
  • from little steven's new live cd liner notes, where he does a version of even the losers on it.
    when i saw little steven play last time he opened the show with that great tom track. 

" tom's death hit me pretty hard. interesting because we were friendly but i don't remember ever having a lengthy conversation with him. we didn't have to. we were the same age so we knew we had everything that mattered in common. he died oct 2, the day after the las vegas massacre, so his passing didn't get much attention. that was understandable but it bothered me. so i decided to keep him in the front of my audience's minds for the rest of the year at least. of course nobody dies in our world. he'll live forever on the underground garage and outlaw country. "