Not a happy camper

13»

Comments

• nothingman44nothingman44 Posts: 1,495
    edited August 2018
    Matts3221 said:
    Clapper said:
    Love this band, but the fan base has reached critical levels of crybaby bullshit.  If you complain about ticket availability, seating priority, ticket pricing, merch availability, venues, any of it, you are absolutely lost as a music fan.  No system is perfect but we have it as good as any group of fans could have it.  Quit the crying and entitlement. Its gotten so tired. Try public sale for tickets, let us know how it works out.  Don't like the tickets or merch? Save your money and buy a time machine instead. You can physically get yourself back to 1994 where your mentality is living.  

For the fans who can still be happy about seeing the band, happy about being a good part of the community, are smart enough and logical enough to know  that there are 10 different kinds of ticket allotment (fan club, credit card pre-sale xyz, radio station pre-sale xyz, venue , artist, promoter) I say good on you. I'll happily see you out on the road at shows. 

For the rail lizards, the entitled, the clueless - get over it. live your lives happy. 

Love this , Although have loved Pearl Jam since TEN was released , the fandom is out of control. Also its Fenway , for night 1 I have PR15 and although I was a bit upset about this at first , I looked at the seats and for Fenway they are amazing. Yes far up but bigger seats as it is a higher priced area for baseball games and perfect view of the stage. Honestly I think it is better than the turf. Unless I am in the first 5 rows I would prefer a seat higher up. I am only 5 foot 8 so even if I was row 7 if I have someone taller than me in front of me it can kind of ruin the show.

And these are last second tickets as said because of production , guest list , corporate sponsor's ect and PJ gave us the first chance to get them.

My only hope is next time they come thru the MA area they play in Worcester at DCU Center or Hartford at the XL Center just better sound and site lines.

I would love to be row 1 but I am happy with PR15

Tweeter Center instead of DCU Center please  =) 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

Also I only joined at the start of the year after getting totally shut out of Fenway two years ago and a 10C member gave me a ticket for free for Night 2!

I never expected great seats due to the high number as I said with DCU center at least has GA , I like the idea of having a high number but being able to score GA tickets.

I just cant shit on 10C members whom have been here for decades , you have been doing this forever so good on you for having a low number and able to get good seats.

• Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
    Then why not just wait for the drop, which you knew was going to happen, as you've done many, many times and gotten great seats?
    One.More.Time. As part of the so-called "fan club", I would expect not to be given among the worst seats in the building.  Anyone can get those.  Either only release remotely decent seats or don't do it all.  Sorry, I haven't been forking over my money for 1000 years to the band like some of you and am happy for those who got good draws.  The point is that unless you've been a member forever and are a drooling PJ sycophant who doesn't really care about seeing or hearing the band then don't bother with the lottery and take your chances elsewhere.  I'm sure PJ is happy with my money regardless of my complaining about the way they do business.  I would love to sell the pair of tickets I'm now stuck with and not waste anymore money.
    You keep ducking the questions. If you knew with such conviction that you could get tickets on the release, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  If you knew tickets for winners of the draws were by seniority and you weren't ok with having a late member number, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  Things went exactly as you expected them to go, you just didn't get the result you wanted. That's not the band's fault, 10c fault, fenway's fault. The result isn't even your fault.  The reaction and response is 100% your fault though. You're being a child. You didn't get what you wanted and you're throwing a tantrum. boo hoo bro. 
    As stated, I was already a member and figured I'd get semi-decent seats as I've gotten in the past.  If I'd thought they would make absolutely horrible tickets available to members, I'd have happily passed.  Releasing crap seats through their lottery is most certainly the band's fault and if no one calls them on it, they'll continue to do so.  I'll say it slowly, BRUH, release semi-decent seats knowing some may not get tickets rather than give more members crappy seats that they're now stuck with.  The ONLY good thing is that if it rains, I'll at least have a roof over me.  Still won't be able to see anything and will be difficult to hear but the $250 will at least be worth keeping me dry if I decide to bother going .
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Except for your cheeks, those may be wet
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,350
    schmately said:
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
    Then why not just wait for the drop, which you knew was going to happen, as you've done many, many times and gotten great seats?
    One.More.Time. As part of the so-called "fan club", I would expect not to be given among the worst seats in the building.  Anyone can get those.  Either only release remotely decent seats or don't do it all.  Sorry, I haven't been forking over my money for 1000 years to the band like some of you and am happy for those who got good draws.  The point is that unless you've been a member forever and are a drooling PJ sycophant who doesn't really care about seeing or hearing the band then don't bother with the lottery and take your chances elsewhere.  I'm sure PJ is happy with my money regardless of my complaining about the way they do business.  I would love to sell the pair of tickets I'm now stuck with and not waste anymore money.
    You keep ducking the questions. If you knew with such conviction that you could get tickets on the release, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  If you knew tickets for winners of the draws were by seniority and you weren't ok with having a late member number, why did you sign up for the club and enter the draw?  Things went exactly as you expected them to go, you just didn't get the result you wanted. That's not the band's fault, 10c fault, fenway's fault. The result isn't even your fault.  The reaction and response is 100% your fault though. You're being a child. You didn't get what you wanted and you're throwing a tantrum. boo hoo bro. 
    As stated, I was already a member and figured I'd get semi-decent seats as I've gotten in the past.  If I'd thought they would make absolutely horrible tickets available to members, I'd have happily passed.  Releasing crap seats through their lottery is most certainly the band's fault and if no one calls them on it, they'll continue to do so.  I'll say it slowly, BRUH, release semi-decent seats knowing some may not get tickets rather than give more members crappy seats that they're now stuck with.  The ONLY good thing is that if it rains, I'll at least have a roof over me.  Still won't be able to see anything and will be difficult to hear but the $250 will at least be worth keeping me dry if I decide to bother going .
    Your Ten Club number sucks. That's no one's fault but your own.
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    schmately said:
    Either give semi-decent tickets to 10C members or don't give them at all and let them take a chance through other methods after "losing".  It's not that complicated.  Sorry, I'm not a sycophant lemming for any band, who thinks their shit don't stink and am happy to just "be in the building".  If I'm going to spend that kind of money on any show, I want to be able to at least "see" the band, even if it's just on screen.  Garbage seats are garbage seats but it would be nice not to force them on their members who are then stuck with them.
    You are clueless if you really think that everyone disagreeing with you in this conversation is a sycophant.  Bottom line is, you really can't have it both ways.  Either you knew what you were risking when you bought 10Club tix and now you're just upset that you gambled wrong, or based on all your prior expertise, it's hard to understand why you didn't just stay out of the 10 Club lottery and go for the tickets you apparently KNEW would be released eventually.

I'm far from so enamoured with this band that I think they can do no wrong, nor am I immune from being frustrated by some of the things that officially go down with PJ or 10 Club.  But in this case, you yourself are making the case for you knowing all the aspects, and you still choosing 10Club even though you knew better tix would drop.  That is on you and you alone.

And guess what, you do not get to decide for all the people who ARE happy to just know they have tix (even if they're grandstand) and not have to live on an internet message board that many of us have jobs or families that mean we CAN'T spend all day here, even if we wanted to.  You're not the final arbiter of what level seats are good enough for 10 Club members and what level shouldn't even be offered.  Because some people would choose the peace of knowing they're in the house over what you have the privilege to do in terms of risking it all for the drop close to the show.
  • Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    RP112579 said:
    schmately said:
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Your Ten Club number sucks. That's no one's fault but your own.
    Just make friends with 10c members with good #'s who usually have a extra, plus as a long time fan, it's great sitting next to someone whose knowledge of the band & their music rivals your own, had a really great time sitting next to 2 long time PJ fans at the Safeco Shows
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    schmately said:
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    But you’re not the only ‘biggest fan’ out there.  All of you can’t be in the front row. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    edited August 2018
    schmately said:
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    So you're saying that the ten club gave explicit info on terms of sale, what kind of tickets would available based on the number of seats they would be allocating and seat assignment by seniority policy and this still caught you by surprise?  As you mentioned repeatedly, you KNOW how these releases work, then you know that these additional releases weren't part of the 10c allotment, correct? And based on clearly reading all of the other pre-sale info, you understand that even if they were 10c tickets, they would still be assigned by seniority and you'd still end up in the same area of the venue you are now right? 

1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,379
    As someone else already said... this thread is the biggest crybaby thread we’ve had in a long time. Just when you think you’ve read it all here, our fellow fans set the bar just a little bit lower.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    on2legs said:
    As someone else already said... this thread is the biggest crybaby thread we’ve had in a long time. Just when you think you’ve read it all here, our fellow fans set the bar just a little bit lower.  
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y52bs0aX6v8

Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • ItIsEvolutionBabyItIsEvolutionBaby Rogers, AR Posts: 397
    JP218404 said:
    uglug1 said:
    get a lotto winning for 2nd Fenway show only to get crappy seats MONTHS ago....Today PJ releases more seats and MUCH better seats than I got from the 1st lottery.  WTF?
    Grandstand 8?  Did anyone else get hosed?
    Pearl Jam didn't release them.  the venue/ promoter did.  Pearl Jam is giving us 10C members first shot at them.  don't hate... appreciate
    facts.
    Oh please, let it rain today, this city's so filthy, like my mind in ways . . .
    Memphis, TN 08.15.00
    Oklahoma City, OK 04.03.03
    Little Rock, AR 06.10.03
    Bonner Springs, KS 06.12.03
    St. Louis, MO 10.05.04
    Chicago, IL 05.17.06
    New York, NY 06.24.08
    New York, NY 06.25.08
    Kansas City, MO 05.03.10
    East Troy, WI 09.03.11
    East Troy, WI 09.04.11
    Chicago, IL 07.19.13
    Dallas, TX 11.15.13
    Oklahoma City, OK 11.16.13
    Tulsa, OK 10.08.14
    Memphis, TN 10.14.14
    Boston, MA 08.05.16
    Boston, MA 08.07.16
    Chicago, IL 08.20.16
    Chicago, IL 08.22.16
    Seattle, WA 08.08.18
    Seattle, WA 08.10.18
    Boston, MA 09.02.18
    Boston, MA 09.04.18
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Spoken said:
    Venting- I had great seats in my Fenway cart- then it said time expired when it did NOT at all. So disappointed.
    That actually happened to me too. I'm not crying cuz I do already have a ticket even tho the seat is in the stands somewhere. I was looking to see if I could pull turf seat and I did, but when I went to buy them after literally one minute of texting my ticket buddy about it, I hit continue and the thing popped up a message that said my tickets were released because time expired. Stupid.
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • wall232wall232 New York Posts: 1,346
    I'm pissed that tickets.com sucks!

I had B6 row 1 with time on the clock but the purchase never went through and then I had B3 row 6 and again, the tickets never went through.. UGH!!!!! 

Just had to vent it out.

NYPJ
  • I got caught in the lottery thing too.  Got decent seats originally.  Passed on better seats this afternoon bc it's too much of a risk to let someone else use my 10c tix.  Oh well.

For those who missed out, my friends bailed on a road trip from NY, so they have 4 tix for sale (not my 10c tix).  They are hard tickets in Turf A1.  Hit me up if interested and I will connect you with the seller.  He's not a 10C guy, but should be fair.
    9/28/96 Randall's Island
    9/29/96 Randall's Island
    10/1/96 Buffalo
    6/8/97 Tibetan Freedom Concert (Randall's Island)
    9/8/98 E. Rutherford
    9/10/98 MSG
    9/11/98 MSG
    9/18/98 Columbia, MD
    8/23/00 Jones Beach
    8/24/00 Jones Beach
    8/25/00 Jones Beach
    4/30/03 Nassau Coliseum
    7/8/03 MSG
    7/9/03 MSG
    **5/5/06 Irving Plaza**
    5/28/06 Camden
    6/1/06 E. Rutherford
    6/3/06 E. Rutherford
    6/19/08 Camden
    6/20/08 Camden
    6/24/08 MSG
    6/25/08 MSG
    6/27/08 Hartford
    8/4/08 United Palace Theatre (EV solo)
    8/5/08 United Palace Theatre (EV solo)
    8/7/08 Newark, NJ (EV solo)
    5/20/10 MSG
    5/21/10 MSG
    6/21/11 Beacon Theatre (EV solo)
    6/22/11 Beacon Theatre (EV solo)
    9/3/11 PJ20
    9/4/11 PJ20
    10/18/13 Barclays Center
    10/19/13 Barclays Center
    10/22/13 Wells Fargo Center - Philadelphia
    10/25/13 Hartford
    9/26/15 Central Park Global Citizen Festival
    5/2/16 MSG
    8/20/16 Wrigley Field
    9/4/18 Fenway Park
    9/11/22 MSG
    9/14/22 Camden
    9/16/22 Nashville
    9/17/22 Louisville
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited August 2018
    Clapper you don't get it  ;)-- this, and about 1/4 of the Fenway threads, are about US. 
    • We don't give two fucks about the band.  (Releasing extra tix to 10c before TM?  You bastards!  They should go right to me!)
    • We don't care about the people in the same row as us.  (Squeeze anyone you want to sit with you right in your row!  It makes no difference that you bought two tickets and knew you were only going to get two together -- you want 3 people to sit together, dammit!)
    • We don't care about tragic reasons for call outs/requests.  (Play Future Days and dedicate it to me, because in the Future I am going to be even cooler than I think I am today.  It is all about me -- in my Future Days, they will have a frigging day of the week named after me!)
    • We don't care about child welfare!  (Hey, group, should I bring my 10 day old to the show?  There is no pit here (she really loves GA but will have to deal with seats) and I am sure they everyone around me will be super respectful of my 10 day old's desire to have a great time!)
    • What time are the merch tents open?  (Because I need to buy 6 of everything, sell them on ebay, and fund my tour.  I'm a highly regarded board member who has a standing # for every GA line as #6.  Ed knows me by sight.)
    • ISO 3 tickets in 1st row (This 10C lottery stuff is racist.  My friends and I should be sitting in the first row, it is our 57th show and we first saw the band in Boston.  Will pay you in merch that I hoarded from Seattle.  Oh - don't even bother to reply here, reply in Facebook because I cannot stand it here and left.)

"This 10C lottery stuff is racist." :lol: Good one.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • madhat181madhat181 Posts: 367
    edited August 2018
    pjl44 said:
    Hi, I joined 6 months ago why are my seats not on the stage next to Boom this fan club is a rip off
     lol
    and you are a digital member only right?
    Post edited by madhat181 on
  • WhywhyzedWhywhyzed Posts: 270
    I just wish I knew how to sell my now useless 10C tickets, if it's even possible. I'd rather they not go unused, and it'd be good to recoup a little of the money :/
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    schmately said:
    Clapper said:
    schmately said:
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    Too bad you didn't read the 10C communications better then, because if you had, you would have thought that.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
    edited August 2018
    From the Ten Club Pre-sale Rules:
    https://pearljam.com/ten-club/event/pearl-jam-home-and-away-ticket-pre-sale
    Reserved Seating: 
In order to accommodate more Ten Club members than ever before, please be aware Ten Club seated tickets will be spread further back than usual, and include some of the best seat locations in the house. For Seattle, Chicago and Boston this includes seats on the field, seats in the lower level of the bowl and seats in the front rows of the upper level. For Missoula, seats are located throughout the 100 level. Reserved seated tickets are assigned to members based on seniority in the Ten Club and will start closest to the stage extending back.
    ------------------------------------------
    From Today's email
    "Production releases happen from time to time, and we’re happy to offer the Fan Club the first opportunity to purchase these newly released tickets."
    "This is a Tickets.com ticket sale. Ten Club is not selling these tickets, we are simply sharing the offer to our members first..."

------------------------------------------
    From the Posting Guidelines:

Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here. This includes abusive Private Messages.

Post edited by Sea on
This discussion has been closed.