Options

Not a happy camper

get a lotto winning for 2nd Fenway show only to get crappy seats MONTHS ago....Today PJ releases more seats and MUCH better seats than I got from the 1st lottery.  WTF?
Grandstand 8?  Did anyone else get hosed?

Comments

• Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,354
    :lol:
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    MickeyMouseMickeyMouse Posts: 1,053
    You didn’t get hosed, these are production holds that they release closer to the show. Seats held in case of staging/lighting setups, unused giveaways, family and friends tickets, corporate tickets, etc.  
    Uniondale, NY 04/30/03 - Camden, NJ 07/05/03 - MSG 07/08/03 - Reading, PA 10/01/04 - Philly 10/03/05 - Ed Sullivan Theatre 05/04/06 - MSG 06/25/08 - MSG 05/21/10 - NYC (EV solo) 06/21/11 - Montreal 09/07/11 - Brooklyn 10/18/13 - Central Park 09/26/15 - Philly 04/29/16 - MSG 05/01/16 - MSG 05/02/16 - Fenway 08/05/16 - Fenway 09/02/18 - Fenway 09/04/18 
  • Options
    Alpine BoundAlpine Bound Posts: 1,809
    Different allotment of tickets. These are production holds and thus are some of the best in the house.
  • Options
    SpokenSpoken Posts: 1,447
    Venting- I had great seats in my Fenway cart- then it said time expired when it did NOT at all. So disappointed.
  • Options
    Plus- these stupid image puzzles take forever to load.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    uglug1 said:
    get a lotto winning for 2nd Fenway show only to get crappy seats MONTHS ago....Today PJ releases more seats and MUCH better seats than I got from the 1st lottery.  WTF?
    You have no idea how a band handles ticketing.  You didn’t get hosed. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    I'm still trying...
  • Options
    I now have an extra pair if anyone is even more hosed and not in the building for the best band.

---- if you are interested.(night 2, face value). 
    PM me to discuss

B102 - row MM seats 1 & 2
  • Options
    I have an extra pair now as well...
    B94 row TT 
    PM me if you are interested 
  • Options
    edited August 2018
    #@*! this....
    So frustrated.
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,486
    10c is done by pririoty...
  • Options
    schmatelyschmately Posts: 28
    edited August 2018
    uglug1 said:

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for lottery tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

Post edited by schmately on
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Should they have just let them be sold through TM? 
    Bunch a whining &^%$##@! on here.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,419
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

You also have no idea how a rock band distributed tickets.  There are always tickets that get held back for friends of the band. If they don’t give them out they release them to the public.  Also... once the stage is setup up they sometimes end up with additional areas to put seats. Those are also released to the public.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,617
    Piss in your pants about poor tickets to the people who lost the lottery this summer. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,141
    unhappy GIF
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,524
    Fuck! I had A4, row 1, seats 1&2, and now I am B5, row 11. Like, seriously?!?!?!?
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2018
    I'm not sure why people are surprised - I've actually never been a part of any fan pre-sale where there weren't better seats available to the general public at some point, for one reason or another (whether or not you can get the better seats is another story). The 10C lottery is pretty much only to try and help protect you from a complete and immediate sellout on Ticketmaster (or whatever), which is a real risk for some shows. That has never and will never guarantee that you get better seats in a fan pre-sale than you might be able to score elsewhere. Not for 10C, and not for any other band. That is the way the cookie crumbles.... and the reason I end up with spare tix for about 25% of all the concerts I attend, lol. I buy the first ones in the fan pre-sale as a panic buy just to beat a possible general sale sell out, and then, if it isn't one of those "all gone at 10:01am" sellouts after all, I buy the GOOD tix after the fact. It's like buying ticket insurance, lol. The pre-sale tickets guarantee me entry. The second batch of tix, if available, are for getting the best seat possible, if I didn't get super lucky in the pre-sale. Pretty standard operating procedure as far as I'm concerned. Mind you, it's not so easy to get rid of 10C member tix if you managed an upgrade... but I guess just walk into the venue with the person you want to give your non-transferable ticket to, they get in with your upgraded tix, and then you swap inside, and it should be okay? Not totally sure.

This ticket release probably seems like a miracle to those who didn't have tix before or who wanted an upgrade and scored one, so think of it as having not screwed anyone over, but, rather, as something that totally helped some fans out. :)
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    uglug1 said:
    Pearl Jam didn't release them.  the venue/ promoter did.  Pearl Jam is giving us 10C members first shot at them.  don't hate... appreciate
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    Fuck! I had A4, row 1, seats 1&2, and now I am B5, row 11. Like, seriously?!?!?!?
    :lol:
  • Options
    DEGBTIDEGBTI san diego Posts: 903
    cant get fricken puzzle to work, anyone have a pair of night 1 buy chance?
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    Love this band, but the fan base has reached critical levels of crybaby bullshit.  If you complain about ticket availability, seating priority, ticket pricing, merch availability, venues, any of it, you are absolutely lost as a music fan.  No system is perfect but we have it as good as any group of fans could have it.  Quit the crying and entitlement. Its gotten so tired. Try public sale for tickets, let us know how it works out.  Don't like the tickets or merch? Save your money and buy a time machine instead. You can physically get yourself back to 1994 where your mentality is living.  

For the fans who can still be happy about seeing the band, happy about being a good part of the community, are smart enough and logical enough to know  that there are 10 different kinds of ticket allotment (fan club, credit card pre-sale xyz, radio station pre-sale xyz, venue , artist, promoter) I say good on you. I'll happily see you out on the road at shows. 

For the rail lizards, the entitled, the clueless - get over it. live your lives happy. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,120
    My CC got hit... got no email. Called customer service and they don’t see anything from me on their end.

dammit
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:

Unless you have been a member of 10C for years, it is a joke being a member for tickets.  Just pulled a pair of tickets that are 1000X better than the absolute garbage I was "lucky and privileged" to get through the lottery. 2nd to last row of G26.  You'd have a hard time finding worse seats.  Now I have to kick myself for bothering with the lottery while I look at a pair of much better tickets in my cart that I can't justify spending another $200+ on while being stuck with the crap pair.  Fucking ridiculous.

You also have no idea how a rock band distributed tickets.  There are always tickets that get held back for friends of the band. If they don’t give them out they release them to the public.  Also... once the stage is setup up they sometimes end up with additional areas to put seats. Those are also released to the public.  
    Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,515
    edited August 2018
    CROJAM95 said:
    My CC got hit... got no email. Called customer service and they don’t see anything from me on their end.

dammit
    Now that's something worth complaining about. ;)
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Piss in your pants about poor tickets to the people who lost the lottery this summer. 

And now aren't stuck with garbage tickets and can happily spend the money on decent tickets.  Yeah.  Great point.
  • Options
    Big Bank HankBig Bank Hank Seattle, WA Posts: 8,639
    if you are good with being in nice lower reserved seats side stage, post lottery there are always 10clubbers that will have extra singles, I know it doesn't work to well if you are going with someone, but of you are by yourself, it's usually pretty easy to get a great seat
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,993
    schmately said:

And now aren't stuck with garbage tickets and can happily spend the money on decent tickets.  Yeah.  Great point.
    Except these sold out pretty quick. Those who don't check their email regularly throughout the day missed out.
    This is normal, they hold them back for various reasons. Its the venue not 10c.
  • Options
    ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    schmately said:
    on2legs said:
    schmately said:
    uglug1 said:

Thanks but having gone to hundreds of shows over the years and have gotten my best seats from released seats shortly before shows, I have a little bit of an idea but thanks for the condescending post.  The point is that if the band knows there will be much better seats released (and they always do) why bother giving people who pay to be a part of their fan club some of the worst seats available just for the "privilege" of spending $200+ just to be in the building and be stuck with garbage when there most certainly will be an opportunity for better seats as this afternoon has proved.  I guess I'm not one of the "fans" who thinks that band can do know wrong and be honored just to barely (if at all) drop that kind of coin to "see them".  I'm sure most who "won" the lottery just to get horrendous seats would rather have "lost" the lottery and rolled the dice on getting tickets through the inevitable drop (as there's always a drop).  
    Since you are a veteran of the concert scene and know all of the things that were pointed out to you, why did you sign up for 10c and enter the lottery?  You knew better tickets would be available and knew you could get them...but still signed up and entered.  You cant have it both ways. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Gibson said:
    you seriously had a front row seat available through this? or you fibbin'?
This discussion has been closed.