UPDATE: Thomas The Anim-EL Train Poster **Steve Thomas just sent me a message**

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Thanks for restoring my faith in Pearl Jam Fan Humanity today.  I had read so many moronic posts I lost it there for a while.  ;)

Seriously -- so awesome that you had fun with the fans on these and the artist contacted you.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • jjflashjjflash Posts: 4,815
    Top 10 PJ thread evah. OP (& @huntersthompson ) thanks for your humor and creativity :lol::clap:
  • jjflash said:
    Top 10 PJ thread evah. OP (& @huntersthompson ) thanks for your humor and creativity :lol::clap:
    Thanks @jjflash....by the way, Steve Thomas did not contact me as a result of a restraining order going back a few years when Mr. Thomas wanted to make a commemorative poster for my 40th birthday...He sent me a mock up of the poster which included, in no particular order:

1. Me
    2. Lazy-boy recliner
    3. Basement motiff (as an aside...I don't even have a basement)
    4. Pyramid of empty Natural Ice beer cans
    5. Thomas the Tank engine track and cars set up....as if being played with (in an odd twist)
    6. Mounted deer head with antlers holding up Depends diapers 
    7. Pile of unpaid bills
    8. Shag carpet in the colors of the original Tampa Bay Buccaneers (I don't live in Florida or like the Buccaneers)
    9. Spaghetti-O's cans strewn across the room 
    10. Stacks of old Ranger Rick magazines

There were numerous other cultural references that flew far, far over my head...but that Mr. Thomas thought were just hilarious.  I filed both a "cease & desist" and a restraining order....after hearing my arguments, the judge crossed out Mr. Thomas' name and wrote in mine.  In hindsight, I don't think the judge was wrong.

XOXO
    HST
  • Would you be interested in selling me all the AP variants?  
  • BlackCircleBlackCircle Charlotte, NC Posts: 371
    Would you be interested in selling me all the AP variants?  
    Nope.

You can have access to them all for free.  You just need to take them to a printer.  Probably cost $20 depending on the size and the paper.
    It's my gift to the entire Pearl Jam community. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yzb1c2ggooku2kw/AABWXbXAZRtAgEf3DrZ582rWa?dl=0
    I'm like a tab
  • ldent42ldent42 NYC Posts: 7,859
    Would you be interested in selling me all the AP variants?  
    Nope.

You can have access to them all for free.  You just need to take them to a printer.  Probably cost $20 depending on the size and the paper.
    It's my gift to the entire Pearl Jam community. 

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/yzb1c2ggooku2kw/AABWXbXAZRtAgEf3DrZ582rWa?dl=0
    These are all really great, but that Wonder Woman one is actually hilarious
    NYC 06/24/08-Auckland 11/27/09-Chch 11/29/09-Newark 05/18/10-Atlanta 09/22/12-Chicago 07/19/13-Brooklyn 10/18/13 & 10/19/13-Hartford 10/25/13-Baltimore 10/27/13-Auckland 1/17/14-GC 1/19/14-Melbourne 1/24/14-Sydney 1/26/14-Amsterdam 6/16/14 & 6/17/14-Milan 6/20/14-Berlin 6/26/14-Leeds 7/8/14-Milton Keynes 7/11/14-St. Louis 10/3/14-NYC 9/26/15
    LIVEFOOTSTEPS.ORG/USER/?USR=435
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Not letting this thread slide to page two.

See the source image
  • PJWGIIIPJWGIII Chicago, IL Posts: 806
    Greatest thread ever?
    "Red Rover, Red Rover, Mike McCready – Take Over!!" - E.V.

Ten Club "Ambassador" (recap-writer) - DEEP.pearljam.com
    : Chicago 2 (Wrigley Field) 8/20 | 20(20)22: St Louis 9/18 | 2023: Chicago 2 (United Center) 9/7, Indianapolis (Deer Creek) 9/10

EV:
    2018: CURE Benefit Show (Chicago - Navy Pier) 10/15

RIP: Andy, Kurt, Chris
  • StoobyStooby Posts: 5
    Ok these are off the hook!!!
    As a Cub fan you just nailed that one and I will be printing that! You even put Harry in the window. Outta control!
    cheers! I’m sending my Ames poster back
  • Hobbes said:
    Not letting this thread slide to page two.

See the source image

• tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,851
    edited August 2018
    Some other ideas @BlackCircle

Born to be wild motorcycles
    Bullit car chase
    Munster mobile
    Bus from Speed
    Wicked witch from the east on a broom
    ET on a bike

Post edited by tempo_n_groove on
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012

Ozzie Crazy Train Variant 
    Seriously... that's the last one.

Only one made.

Poster drop at a Chinese restaurant on 13th St. You have to finish the all you can eat buffet and then do the dishes.

It is stored flat on a bed of rice and surrounded by massage therapists. You have to last 45 minutes without orgasm while they lick duck sauce from your butthole.

I made the mistake of reading this while on a conference call, and I almost lost it before I could hit mute.
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Stand by Me.  Four kids running on the tracks as the train is coming.  
  • madtowndavemadtowndave Minneapolis, MN Posts: 4,012
    Stand by Me.  Four kids running on the tracks as the train is coming.  
    YES
    Nashville-00
    Nashville-03
    Chicago-07
    E.V. Milwaukee-08
    Chicago 1 & 2-09
    Alpine Valley 1 & 2-11
    Wrigley-13
    St. Paul-14
    Milwaukee-14
    Denver-22
    St. Paul 1 & 2 - 23
  • goldrushgoldrush everybody knows this is nowhere Posts: 7,258

My 4 year old son saw this one and lost it - “Daddy! It’s Brewster!”

Thanks for making his day as well :) 
    “Do not postpone happiness”
    (Jeff Tweedy, Sydney 2007)

“Put yer good money on the sunrise”
    (Tim Rogers)
    You guys wanna hear some other crazy shit that goes back to these posters?

A guy from the 10c Facebook page started a GoFundMe to raise money to send me to Boston.   
    They raised $755!!!!!

It's enough to pay for two tickets for Sunday night... two plane tickets... and three nights at an AirBNB!  
    THEN.... get this shit!!!! 
    Another guy GIVES me two tickets FREE for Tuesday night!!!   
    THEN Steve Thomas the artist emails me.... I ask him if I were to design one for HIM what would he request.  He says Dune.   I make the poster and ask him if he would sign it... and now he's going to sign one of them to be auctioned for charity off at the Wishlist Party.
    I'm like a tab
  • manitoumanmanitouman In My Head Posts: 1,073
    You guys wanna hear some other crazy shit that goes back to these posters?

A guy from the 10c Facebook page started a GoFundMe to raise money to send me to Boston.   
    They raised $755!!!!!

It's enough to pay for two tickets for Sunday night... two plane tickets... and three nights at an AirBNB!  
    THEN.... get this shit!!!! 
    Another guy GIVES me two tickets FREE for Tuesday night!!!   
    THEN Steve Thomas the artist emails me.... I ask him if I were to design one for HIM what would he request.  He says Dune.   I make the poster and ask him if he would sign it... and now he's going to sign one of them to be auctioned for charity off at the Wishlist Party.
    Fucking amazing!!!!
    Soldier Field, Chicago, IL 7-11-1995; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-29-1998; MGM Grand, Las Vegas, NV 10-22-2000 ~PJ10~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 4-1-2003; Cricket Pavilion, Phoenix, AZ 6-7-2003; United Center, Chicago, IL 6-18-2003; Alpine Valley, East Troy, WI 6-21-2003; Fox Theatre, St. Louis, MO 10-5-2004; The Gorge, George, WA 9-1-2005; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-16-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 5-17-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-2-2006; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 7-3-2006; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-23-2009; United Center, Chicago, IL 8-24-2009; Rogers Arena, Vancouver, BC 12-4-2013; Key Arena, Seattle, WA 12-6-2013; iWireless Arena, Moline, IL 10-17-2014 ~No Code Show~; Xcel Energy Center, St. Paul, MN 10-19-2014; Bradley Center, Milwaukee, WI 10-20-2014 ~Yield Show~; Pepsi Center, Denver, CO 10-22-2014 ~PJ24~: Wrigley Field 1 & 2, 2016; Safeco Field, Seattle Home Shows 1 & 2; Wrigley Field, Chicago Away Shows 1 & 2....
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161
    winner winner chicken dinner!!!
  • That is very cool, all because of a poster(s). Enjoy it . good on you, and the others in the PJ family
    Wrigley 8/18/18
    Wrigley 8/20/18
    Fenway 9/2/2018
    Fenway 9/4/2018

• P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    One of the best threads is turning into one of the BEST stories this community has had.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    This is amazing
  • JP218404JP218404 NJ Posts: 1,374
    the Ozzy crazy train is my fav.  great work and great story!
    Marquee 91
    Wetlands 91
    CBGB 91
    Roseland 91
    and many, many more
  • gado15gado15 Posts: 102
    well played sir...well played
  • AndySlashAndySlash Posts: 3,204

these have all been great, but this got a literal lol from me.
    AndySlash said:

Did you see the .gif??

It's even better. 

I'm like a tab
    The funny part about that invisible jet is that I did actually have to photoshop out the invisible jet which sounds bat shit crazy to say out loud. 

But I pulled this from the old TV show, and if you'll remember... Wonder Woman's invisible jet in the show had white lines around it.  So I had to take those out to make it funnier. 
    I'm like a tab
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,864
    you nailed it. 
  • AndySlash said:

I requested this one from Andrew... love it and was rolling over laughing when I saw it.  Thanks Andrew... you deserve your trip to Boston!  See you there man!
  • P34RL J4MM3RP34RL J4MM3R Posts: 1,312
    The funny part about that invisible jet is that I did actually have to photoshop out the invisible jet which sounds bat shit crazy to say out loud. 

But I pulled this from the old TV show, and if you'll remember... Wonder Woman's invisible jet in the show had white lines around it.  So I had to take those out to make it funnier. 
    HAHAHAHA.  I would never thought this if you didn't say it.  Just put Wonder Woman in...easy....Nope, needs the invisible jet too.
    There's no need to say goodbye
  • GT1015GT1015 Posts: 161

The invisible train.  What a time to be alive.