Boston Night 1 House of Blues Screening Party

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Boston Night 1 House of Blues Screening Party
News August 28 2018

We are excited to announce Ten Club is hosting a screening party at the House of Blues in Boston on Monday, September 3rd!

Pearl Jam’s video director, Blue Leach, will be screening the video and audio feed from Sunday night’s performance at Fenway Park in its entirety on the big screen. More info below on how to be part of this event.

WHO: Ten Club members active as of August 27, 2018 plus one guest. This event is All Ages.

WHAT: Screening of the full set from PJ’s September 2nd show in Boston at Fenway Park.

WHEN: Monday, September 3rd. Doors at 6:00. Screening at 8:00. Both you and your guest must be present at time of entry. No exceptions.

WHERE: House of Blues 15 Lansdowne St, Boston, MA 02215

WHY: Whether you are seeing PJ’s September 2nd show at Fenway Park for the first time, or reliving the moment, this is a rare opportunity to view the video / audio feed after the performance.

How to Attend:

A Ten Club ticket drawing is being held for eligible members for a chance to enter for a pair of Ten Club tickets to the screening. The ticket drawing opens today Tuesday, August 28th and closes on Thursday, August 30th at 10am Pacific.

Eligibility:  

Members active as of Monday, August 27th are eligible for this ticket drawing. New memberships purchased after August 27th are not considered eligible. Expired memberships that are renewed after that date are also not considered eligible.

Ten Club Tickets:  

Ten Club tickets are will call only at the box office. You must provide photo ID in person to pick up your tickets. There is one main floor and 2 mezzanine levels at House of Blues Boston. These levels will be filled on a first-come-first-served basis. All three levels will have a view of the big screen. The two mezzanine levels will have additional video screens to view the screening. Bars are located on all three levels. This event is all ages.

Disabled Access Tickets:

Members that require ADA access must enter this drawing online through the regular process detailed below. If your name is drawn on Thursday, please send an email to tickets@tenclub.net letting us know you require ADA access and we'll make note.

Drawing Odds Tool:

Go here for info on the Odds feature.

Drawing Rules:

Members entering a drawing will have a $1 authorization held on their cards. If selected during the drawing, this $1 authorization will become a final sale charge for admission for two. If not selected, the $1 authorization will be canceled and released back to your card.

How to enter the drawing step-by-step:

Go here for info on how to submit your drawing entry.

Ten Club Policies:

- Tickets are limited and not guaranteed.

- Tickets are priced per pair in US Dollars and include any fees.

- All ticket sales are final. No refunds or exchanges.

- Two (2) ticket limit per show. No single tickets.

- Drawing results for this event are final. No name transfers.

- Tickets are not mailed in advance. Tickets are will call at the box office only.

- You must show a valid government-issued photo ID (driver's license, passport, military ID, etc.) to pick up your tickets. No exceptions.

- The Ten Club member whose account was used to enter the drawing must present their photo ID in person. No exceptions.

- Members may not purchase a pair of tickets with the intentions of giving both away or reselling a ticket pair. The fan club member whose name was drawn for the tickets is expected to attend. No exceptions.

- Attempting to resell your tickets will result in cancellation of ticket purchase and possibly loss of membership.

- When entering the drawing you will be required to check a box stating that you agree to the Ten Club ticket policy, which can be found here.

Public Sale Tickets:

This is a Ten Club exclusive event. No tickets will be made available to the public.

Follow the drawing on the ticket drawing page. This page will be updated in real time as the ticket drawing progresses. You can check the link below for immediate updates from Ten Club on where we are at in the ticket drawing process each step of the way. Visit here for the Drawing Timeline.

Thanks and good luck!

10c

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Tempted to put in for this but think that maybe I would be pushing it with my wife since my mother in law is watching the kids for both show nights...
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    Very cool.  How much are the tickets if we win the drawing?
  • ShakesckyShakescky Posts: 342
    CJ260717 said:
    Very cool.  How much are the tickets if we win the drawing?
    $37 for a pair.
    i have witnessed some performances. i have soaked up a lot of memories.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    Wasn't this free in 2016? Not bitching, just asking
  • CJ260717CJ260717 Posts: 414
    It was free last time.  Didn't notice the $37.  Thanks
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 7,958
    I really don't need to be dropping any more cash, but then there's the little part of my brain screaming WELL WHAT IF THE BAND SHOWS UP AND PLAYS A COUPLE 
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    The venue was given to them for free in 2016 and it had free admission. I am guessing they had to purchase the space this time. 
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    I am surprised there is a fee this time.  This place will now be packed and will get plenty of money on alcohol purchases.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
  • mpedonempedone 540xxx - Manchester, NH Posts: 1,771
    pjl44 said:
    I really don't need to be dropping any more cash, but then there's the little part of my brain screaming WELL WHAT IF THE BAND SHOWS UP AND PLAYS A COUPLE 
    Don't do this because there's a 0.0001% chance you might miss something cool. Do it because you think it will be fun. If you go because of the 0.00001% chance something cool happens, you're more likely to spend the whole night waiting/hoping for that cool thing to happen, and will enjoy the night less because of it.
    "I'm a lucky man, to count on both hands the [shows I've done]. Some folks just have one, others they got none..."

Hartford 10.02.96 | Mansfield 2 09.16.98 | Mansfield 1 08.29.00 | Mansfield 1 07.02.03 | Mansfield 3 07.11.03 | Boston 2 05.25.06 | Tampa 04.11.16 | Fenway 1 08.05.16 | Fenway 2 08.07.16 | Fenway 1 09.02.18 | Fenway 2 09.04.18 | Baltimore 03.28.20 | Hamilton 09.06.22 | Toronto 09.08.22 | Nashville 09.16.22 | St Louis 09.18.22

"He made the deal with the devil, we get to play with him.
    He goes to hell, of course. We're going to heaven."
  • marcosmarcos Posts: 2,111
    It was fun last time, it felt like a Pearl Jam convention, PJ CON!
  • IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,620
    pjl44 said:

That isn't happening.

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Again? Wish I could see this. :( 
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    Don't do this because there's a 0.0001% chance you might miss something cool. Do it because you think it will be fun. If you go because of the 0.00001% chance something cool happens, you're more likely to spend the whole night waiting/hoping for that cool thing to happen, and will enjoy the night less because of it.
    Oh, for sure. I'm just saying out loud what I think runs through a lot of our heads.
    pjl44 said:

That isn't happening.

You are most likely correct, but said with such authority...
  • CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,894
    That's a steep cover charge. But I'm sure they'll still fill the place.  
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    pjl44 said:

That isn't happening.

Too funny, someone DM'd me asking about this, and I said "The band probably loves that this is happening, because then they can run amok elsewhere in Boston far far away from HOB!"

Not mad at them either, it can't be easy to go sightseeing or go for a walk when roughly 60,000 PJ fans are in the same town (I'm sure it's way less because I'm sure a giant % of people are going both nights, but let's just round up to a nice even number =) )

• SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,717
    epie said:
    I am surprised there is a fee this time.  This place will now be packed and will get plenty of money on alcohol purchases.
    I'm surprised too.  I think I'll pass this time around.  It was fun in 2016 though.  
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17

LOOKING FOR TIX TO MSG NIGHT 2
  • I definitely had fun last time, but not sure I want to give up the night off in between again.
    "What can you expect when you're on top? You know? It's like Napoleon. When he was the king, you know, people were just constantly trying to conquer him, you know, in the Roman Empire. So, it's history repeating itself all over again."
  • JH6056JH6056 Posts: 2,427
    epie said:
    That's right, it was free last time wasn't it! This and the Seattle screenings cost money this time... almost $20/ticket and you have to buy 2.

Speaking of this, does anyone know why you don't have option of asking for 1 or 2 tix when entering lotteries for 10 Club show tix?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I don't know why they won't sell singles for this.  I think they don't sell singles for shows due to the extra cycles on the lottery admin with reserved seating section allocations etc. but that doesn't apply here.  I assume there's a charge to avoid people signing up and not attending which would take the space away from someone who would actually want to go.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • epieepie Posts: 290
    Be nice to at least hear the cover charge was going towards a charity.
    1996 - Columbia, MD & Augusta, ME
    2013 - Worcester, MA (Lightning Bolt Release)
    2016 - Fenway Park I and II
    2017 - HSCM (EV) Boston, MA
    2018 - Seattle I, Fenway Park I and II
    2021 - Ohana Festival (EV/EV/PJ)
    2022 - EV (Beacon Theater II & Newark)
    2023 - Austin, TX I & II
    mpedone said:
    pjl44 said:
    I remember when the video signal went black for a moment during the video presentation. My mind immediately thought "oh shit," but then the video signal came back.

FYI: If you are attending I suggest keeping an eye on people around you. Some people in the back around me at the screening in 2016 thought it was a good idea to raise their lighters in the air. Shout out to kid canada and spived for helping me with entry.
  • tmantman Posts: 158
    CJ260717 said:
    Not sure why some think this is $37.... The release clearly states....
    Members entering a drawing will have a $1 authorization held on their cards. If selected during the drawing, this $1 authorization will become a final sale charge for admission for two. If not selected, the $1 authorization will be canceled and released back to your card.
    tman said:
    CJ260717 said:
    Not sure why some think this is $37.... The release clearly states....
    This screening is $37 per pair. Members entering the drawing have the $1 authorization hold placed on their card. If they are selected then the $1 authorization turns into the one-time $37 charge for a pair of tickets. If not selected then they are simply refunded the $1.

The name of this ticket drawing is Boston House of Blues Night 1 Screening Party. The previous screening in 2016 was named Free Fenway Show Screening Party, with a $1 price per pair that was returned upon being selected.
  • derbydavederbydave Columbus, OH Posts: 11,254
    The price is on the ticket lottery entry.

'96: Seattle: Key Arena
    '98: Seattle: Memorial Stadium 1 & 2
    '00: Columbus: Polaris
    '03: Columbus: Germain
    '10: Columbus: Nationwide Arena
    '11: East Troy: Alpine Valley - PJ20 1 & 2 + EV Detroit
    '12: Missoula + EV Jacksonville 1 & 2
    '13: Chicago / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / Seattle
    '14: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Memphis / Detroit / Moline
    '15: New York City - Global Citizen Festival
    '16: Greenville / Hampton / Raleigh / Columbia / Lexington / Ottawa / Toronto 1 & 2 / Wrigley 1 & 2
    '17: Brooklyn - Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony
    '18: London 1 & 2 / Seattle 1 & 2 / Missoula / Wrigley 1
    '22: Nashville / St. Louis

http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=170

• CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    Dig it 
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • Yes, it was free last time. It was fun and worth it. If u are on the fence, do it. 
  • Thanks PeteThanks Pete NYC Posts: 613
    I had an awesome time in 2016!!!! I was really hoping they would do it again this year, which probably means I'm going to lose in the drawing.
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    edited August 2018
    Really hope to get in for this, missed it last time since it was the show we attended. Missing night 1 this time so this is a great chance 
    Post edited by my2hands on
  • Any chance this will be available on DVD/Bluray?
    Makes me ache, makes me shake...
    ...is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?