Options

Parking on the streets surrounding Fenway?

100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
edited August 2018 in The Porch
Seeing how the 1st Fenway show falls on a Sunday is there free parking on the streets to the South/West of the stadium from the morning hours onwards? Any suggestions or advice from the locals is appreciated. 
To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore

Comments

• Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

It will be a shit show to say the least , are you planning on getting out of the city that night after the show? If so I would park down by the Boston Commons or even in the financial district. You are a few miles away from the ball park but you will be right next to Storrow Drive and Interstate 93 and the Mass Pike from were you park and therefore quick access out of Boston that night.

Otherwise you can try for a spot closer , it will be free street parking on Sunday. However the whole area around Fenway is going to be backed up with traffic for hours.

The walk from the finical area to Fenway is a nice walk anyway.

• Options
    opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,091
    I never have a problem finding parking down Comm Ave. Last time around we parked by the agganis and there were plenty of spots
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,641

https://stadiumparkingguides.com/fenway-park-parking/

Found this online - I can't confirm it as I always take the T/Uber

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    This weekend is also "Moving Day" in and around Boston, the annual college student return and move-in.  Streets around Fenway, Comm Ave, Allston, Brighton and Cambridge will be worse than usual (all the way up to 11 on a shit-storm scale of 10).  Cars will be double-parked.  Moving trucks will be "Storrowed" (it's a thing; look it up).  Go early, park elsewhere and take the T or Uber/Lyft into Fenway.      
  • Options
    Getting Storrowed is def a thing
  • Options
    wobbler_kittywobbler_kitty Millbury, MA Posts: 161
    Parking is free on Sunday, and Monday as it’s a holiday. Chances of finding on street parking around Fenway? Pretty much zero.

Ditto what others said. Park elsewhere and either walk or Uber over. Or pay $50+ at one of the garages right around the park. 
  • Options
    I never have a problem finding parking down Comm Ave. Last time around we parked by the agganis and there were plenty of spots

Is it still torn up over there? Last I was over at the Paradise there was a bunch of construction all along the parking spots and sidewalks. Parking was scarce.
  • Options

Is it still torn up over there? Last I was over at the Paradise there was a bunch of construction all along the parking spots and sidewalks. Parking was scarce.
    Not sure. Haven't lived in Boston in a few years....
  • Options
    fgalpernfgalpern Posts: 208
    Whatever you do, do not try to park near Fenway. Take the T, bus or walk a few minutes and park elsewhere. Also, traffic in and out of Boston is almost always awful. LA and NYC seem like pleasant suburb drives compared to Boston.
    10C Member # 6,9XX - from 1992 to Present, attended 40 shows and counting...
  • Options
    Hugo ReyesHugo Reyes Posts: 241
    This weekend is also "Moving Day" in and around Boston, the annual college student return and move-in.  Streets around Fenway, Comm Ave, Allston, Brighton and Cambridge will be worse than usual (all the way up to 11 on a shit-storm scale of 10).  Cars will be double-parked.  Moving trucks will be "Storrowed" (it's a thing; look it up).  Go early, park elsewhere and take the T or Uber/Lyft into Fenway.      

good call re: moving day.  Huge factor. 
  • Options
    That whole area will be a shit show.
    Best bet is to park at the Prudential center garage and walk down to Fenway.  It's a 10 minute walk and after the show you can walk back and not deal with the traffic around Fenway.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    I got this spot for 10$. Planning on getting to Fenway at 4:45pm which should give me plenty of time to park and walk to the show. I am a little worried about after the show now though. We would like to get back to my Airbnb since my mother in law is watching our kids and would like to relieve her from that. Are we really going to be stuck for hours? I can cancel it and pay the hefty Uber fair but thought this was a great money saver and time saver when I booked it. 

30 KILMARNOCK ST.
    The Harlo Garage
    Operated by LAZ Parking
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,531
    No Harvard Yard jokes yet? GAWD! 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    100 Pacer100 Pacer Toronto, ON Posts: 8,517
    Great input this far!

Found parking at the Mandarin Oriental in Back Bay - is that a reaonable walk to Fenway?
    To quote the 10C from Newsletter #8: "Please understand we have a lot of members and it is very hard to please everybody. If you are one of those unhappy people...please call 1-900-IDN-TCAR."

"Me knowing the truth, I can not concur."

1996: Toronto - 1998: Chicago, Montreal, Barrie - 2000: Montreal, Toronto - 2002: Seattle X2 (Key Arena) - 2003: Cleveland, Buffalo, Toronto, Montreal, Seattle (Benaroya Hall) - 2004: Reading, Toledo, Grand Rapids - 2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Montreal, Ottawa, Toronto, Quebec City - 2006: Toronto X2, Albany, Hartford, Grand Rapids, Cleveland - 2007: Chicago (Vic Theatre) - 2008: NYC X2, Hartford, Mansfield X2 - 2009: Toronto, Chicago X2, Seattle X2, Philadelphia X4 - 2010: Columbus, Noblesville, Cleveland, Buffalo, Hartford - 2011: Montreal, Toronto X2, Ottawa, Hamilton - 2012: Missoula - 2013: London, Chicago, Buffalo, Hartford - 2014: Detroit, Moline - 2015: NYC (Global Citizen Festival) - 2016: Greenville, Toronto X2, Chicago 1 - 2017: Brooklyn (RRHOF Induction) - 2018: Chicago 1, Boston 1 - 2022: Fresno, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto, NYC, Camden - 2023: St. Paul X2, Austin X2 - 2024: Vancouver X2, Portland, Sacramento, Noblesville, Philadelphia X2, Baltimore
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    I got this spot for 10$. Planning on getting to Fenway at 4:45pm which should give me plenty of time to park and walk to the show. I am a little worried about after the show now though. We would like to get back to my Airbnb since my mother in law is watching our kids and would like to relieve her from that. Are we really going to be stuck for hours? I can cancel it and pay the hefty Uber fair but thought this was a great money saver and time saver when I booked it. 

30 KILMARNOCK ST.
    The Harlo Garage
    Operated by LAZ Parking

I dunno about hours. I parked in the open lot  on Ipswich, behind the CVS, right next to the park N1 ‘16 and as long as I was persistant, I’d say I got out of there in under an hour. Parked at a garage on Boylston N2 and got out even quicker.

It is move in weekend so it certainly could be worse, but I don’t think hours.

(Pro Tip: If you park at a garage that has those self serve kiosks to pay at, it’s a flat rate on event nights so pay BEFORE you head over to the Park. The lines to pay after the show were insane. Glad my friend suggested doing so, we got out SO much faster.)
  • Options
    100 Pacer said:
    Great input this far!

Found parking at the Mandarin Oriental in Back Bay - is that a reaonable walk to Fenway?
    That's good.  Right next to the Prudential 
  • Options

It's a hopeless... situation
    And I'm starting to believe
  • Options

Thank you.  This just made my day.  
    jkE.gif 996.2K
  • Options
  • Options
    Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658
    Honestly if you have not gotten parking yet , just plan to park down near the north end ( not in the north end ) , it should not be hard to find a spot ( I'm not giving away my prize spots that are always open ) but those side streets typical have open spots, no pay due to Sunday / Holiday and you are right by 93 so you can avoid Storrow Drive , again shit show. Plus the 30 min walk back to the car will be a great time to rehash the setlist.
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,429
    That whole area will be a shit show.
    Best bet is to park at the Prudential center garage and walk down to Fenway.  It's a 10 minute walk and after the show you can walk back and not deal with the traffic around Fenway.
    This is where i parked in 2016 for Fenway-2. I was on the Mass. TP in a few minutes  heading back home, for my long drive. 
  • Options
    sk8nshoot1sk8nshoot1 Posts: 722
    There's a gas station on Boylston opposite Ipswich which is where the right field gate is and where the 10C was set up last time.  It's a very easy out to Storrow drive after also...  Pricy but worth it.
    1996: Randall's Island I, Hartford
    1998: MSG I, Hartford
    2000: Jones Beach I
    2003: Albany, MSG II, Mansfield II & III, Homdel
    2004: Boston (VFC) I & II
    2006: Albany, Hartford, Boston I and E. Rutherford I
    2008: MSG I & II, Hartford, Mansfield II (saw BostonLou in the FRONT ROW!!) EV-NYC II
    2013 Worcester II, Hartford
    2016 Fenway I
    2018 Wrigley II, Fenway II